Sideshow? - Rick Deckard - Blade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow hi-end products? You're dreaming, man. :D

"Highlander" bombed. Look at all dem sequels.
"Fight Club" bombed. Look at all dem figures.

Very nice outfit and as others have said -interesting treatment of the hair sculpt. I wonder if Trev did the sculpt - he's nailed HF so many times that it's hard to believe he's responsible for this one.

BR 2049 is a work of art and if you compile a list of the greatest films of all time and put it next to the most successful films of all time you will find that there is very little overlap between the two lists. BR 2049 is on track to join the original Blade Runner and continue the longstanding tradition of great and artistic films failing to ignite the box office.

Eh, give me something inspired and original over a sequel that - however good it is - no one, even die-hards, was truly clamoring for.

BR is a great standalone film. Just because they found a way to expand on the story doesn't make it necessary. What made it necessary was its brand recognition and SF cred with older males - and the box office of the Han Solo kiss-off movie that made $2 billion globally.

What a Philistine attitude.

Haven't frequented the local cineplex lately have we?:lol

Very nice outfit and as others have said -interesting treatment of the hair sculpt. I wonder if Trev did the sculpt - he's nailed HF so many times that it's hard to believe he's responsible for this one.

Eh, give me something inspired and original over a sequel that - however good it is - no one, even die-hards, was truly clamoring for.

BR is a great standalone film. Just because they found a way to expand on the story doesn't make it necessary. What made it necessary was its brand recognition and SF cred with older males - and the box office of the Han Solo kiss-off movie that made $2 billion globally.

Haven't frequented the local cineplex lately have we?:lol

I am not sure that I have much personal use for sequels that people "clamor" for...people are clamoring for more Fast & Furious and Transformers movies but regardless of personal taste I think everyone can agree that these films are far from moving the medium forward in any meaningful way. Also the notion that something is less meaningful because it is a sequel is negated by Godfather II, Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2, Aliens, The Dark Knight, and now...Blade Runner 2049.

I am not sure that I have much personal use for sequels that people "clamor" for...people are clamoring for more Fast & Furious and Transformers movies but regardless of personal taste I think everyone can agree that these films are far from moving the medium forward in any meaningful way. Also the notion that something is less meaningful because it is a sequel is negated by Godfather II, Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2, Aliens, The Dark Knight, and now...Blade Runner 2049.

It's ALL about... are people hungry to see an expanding of the story, the characters, or the world. That's the meaningful benchmark for a sequel.

Godfather - fascinating rich new world of Italian-American families and the mafia, Star Wars ("IV")... yup, clamor:lol, Alien... hello? These were story, characters, and/or worlds SCREAMING to be expanded upon. Blade Runner? Love it, but... no, not much clamoring. Even from a diehard.

And Transformers is SOLELY about international/China. The domestic on those has declined majorly with each release over the past 5-7 years. NOBODY is clamoring in the US for Transformers sequels, or Pirates etc.

Brands. Familiar IP. Moving the medium forward in a meaningful way. Not mutually exclusive, but FRESH and ORIGINAL moves the medium more than anything. Nowadays - its fresh and original takes on well-known properties and stories. I've gotten used to it, but I'd rather see Ridley Scott direct something new than another Alien or BR (he was going to direct BRII). He's only got another few movies in him.

I have to agree, BR2 could be a standalone film and it wouldn't make it worse in any way. In fact, it'd make it better.
Ford was awful and him bein' there didn't make any impact. The scene of him and Leto and Luv killin' *spoiler* was just fanservice.

Word of mouth and continuous praise paired with no major releases until November means BR2049 is looking at 3-4 weeks at the top. It'll probably break even at least, but it is nowhere near a flop.

Let's not forget that Hot Toys made multiple Spirit figures. That was a flop.

Blade runner won't be the top of the box office next weekend. Maybe two but I think even Jackie Chans movie has a chance to out gross blade runner next weekend. Happy death day will be number one next weekend. Then the following weekend you have geo storm and the snowman followed by jig saw. There's alot coming out. The audience maybe different but the audience for blade runner isn't as big as people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blade runner won't be the top of the box office next weekend. Maybe two but I think even Jackie Chans movie has a chance to out gross blade runner next weekend. Happy death day will be number one next weekend. Then the following weekend you have geo storm and the snowman followed by jig saw. There's alot coming out. The audience maybe different but the audience for blade runner isn't as big as people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Death Day/Jigsaw sure, because of the season, but I don't see The Foreigner or Geostorm topping it. But hey, could be wrong!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Happy Death Day/Jigsaw sure, because of the season, but I don't see The Foreigner or Geostorm topping it. But hey, could be wrong!

And ultimately in twenty years people will be discussing Blade Runner 2049 and the work of Denis Villenueve in general...no one will mention "Geostorm" or "Happy Deathday" and if they do they will have a hard time finding anyone who knows what they are talking about...

And ultimately in twenty years people will be discussing Blade Runner 2049 and the work of Denis Villenueve in general...no one will mention "Geostorm" or "Happy Deathday" and if they do they will have a hard time finding anyone who knows what they are talking about...
The nature of cinema today unfortunately.

I'm not expecting Geostorm to actually make any kind of impact, it'll be bad for sure but I do expect it to be making more money than 2049 when it comes out, I'm talking in the same weekend though, not over all. I won't be surprised if 2049 starts to go down in the box office like a rock, not because it's not a good movie but because I don't think the audience for blade runner is that big. People walked out of my screening one hour in. I see about a hundred movies a year and I've never seen any one walk out of a theater before. I'd like to see this movie hold on and have good legs I just don't think it's going to happen.

I'm not expecting Geostorm to actually make any kind of impact, it'll be bad for sure but I do expect it to be making more money than 2049 when it comes out, I'm talking in the same weekend though, not over all. I won't be surprised if 2049 starts to go down in the box office like a rock, not because it's not a good movie but because I don't think the audience for blade runner is that big. People walked out of my screening one hour in. I see about a hundred movies a year and I've never seen any one walk out of a theater before. I'd like to see this movie hold on and have good legs I just don't think it's going to happen.

Sadly you are probably right...but this is more a statement about where we all are than anything else...if Britney Spears were to play across the street from Beethoven back from the dead on the same night...Beethoven would be playing to an empty house...it is what it is...

I need a 1/6 of either K or Deckard. Is there any validity that one may come out eventually? or is it unlikely?

I need a 1/6 of either K or Deckard. Is there any validity that one may come out eventually? or is it unlikely?

Black Box will have K available in Q1 2018: https://www.gijoeelite.com/Replicant-Killer

The Redman version in my opinion is the best marriage between quality/likeness and affordability. https://www.gijoeelite.com/Blade-Rick

I only ordered Deckard was kinda let down on 2nd movie if honest. I'll Always LOVE the 1st film but if was going to have a Gossling in collection it would be from Drive movie. I think i built up my supsense waiting to see where bladerunner would do after watching Automata ,Chappie and Ex Machina being among my favorite A.I film's. Part 2 for me was just waaay to slow for my taste. I Loved how developed more A.I concept from hologram into story and possible real reality to our human evolution of future tech possibility's just wish movie was sped along faster.

Sad SS couldn't release this guy. Sculpt wasn't perfect, but everything else was pretty good. Redman figure just doesn't cut it and I sold custom clothing/sculpt to fund another project. Hopefully I can hunt at least that clothing set down.

Well Supermad Toys has hinted that they'll make one after they finish up their 2049 figures, so I guess we at least have that to look forward to. And it'll probably have a much better likeness than the SS too.

Back