Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SUPER POSTS fellas!!!!:exactly::goodpost: You've all clearly stated obvious truths. What blows my mind, & possibly keeps Sideshow pulling this BS, is the collectors who delude, & brainwash themselves into believing otherwise.:slap:cuckoo:

The simple facts are that we have been misled, the statue is of a cheaper quality & materials, & so overpriced, & our justifiable pleas are met with indifference, & insult from Sideshow. And the worst part of all this is that we won't be able to tell what the hell future sculpts will be made of, because Sideshow has grossly, & blatantly chosen to mislabel.:slap:slap:slap

Regardless boys! Keep up the good fight, as it's the only hope I have left regarding this company. A sad day indeed.

:exactly: I like SS, I really do. If the lesser materials cuts down on my costs and cuts down on the price of a statue. Im ok with it. Otherwise I keep paying more for less. At least that's how I feel like. I hope SS can pass over the saving on every statue. So - 50.00 per statue or more? It's a lot less materials used now. That rhino base was the worst part of it. It's like a paper mâché piece. Really you all look at rhinos base. :monkey1 So SS please listen to the fans / buyers on this. We like you. But we want things to be fair. :)

well mine has the "cracks" in the same spots as others but i'm pretty sure they aren't really cracks.
we have a cat w/ diabetes (wow, way off topic lol), and we have these tiny syringes for giving it insulin. the needle is about the size of a human hair. in fact i've seen thicker hair lol. so i took one and put the needle in the cracks (with room to spare!), and the needle would NOT go all the way thru into the hollow statue.
pretty sure it's not actual flaws, but where whoever was doing the lines of the texturing just went too deep at those points.
i'm not worried about the "cracks" but i hate that it's so thin and hollow. i really don't think there's ANY polystone to it at all. not even a coating. can't tell if the solid heads are polystone or not.
i think i'll send it back. i'm just wondering if my complaint of it being hollow and not poly, will be enough to get the full refund, shipping, and deposit

More cowbell...

Dont worry man its not that fragile youll be fine just display him and let him look good. i think the spiderman comiquette is more fragile bc of his right hand being on a magnet. If you dont move him around too much or have people touching it youll be fine no matter how fragile a collectible may be. My most fragile is general grevious pf. Thanks on the comment for the pic better pics in my collection thread.

4927655F-F3F1-4642-BFA7-8F3F2A3C87D5-1474-0000010097B5CB57_zps7bbd7005.jpg
0544C693-2ABF-4B30-8D92-3E38F00FE72A-1474-00000100AF54D7A4_zpsed2e3181.jpg

What Venom piece is that and do you have more pics of it? Thanks

If anyone is sending theres back due to just The cracks....im looking to trade my rhino body with you. Mine has a ton of air bubbles all over. I cant get a replacement sideshow wont replace any even if they have a legit prob.

So if anyone is just sending theres back and the only prob is the cracks please help a fellow freak out with a swap. Pm me if anyone can help out. Thanks guys.

I'm kinda curious just how hard this is to break, Someone should shoot a video of the struggles. It might go viral lol

Ohhhh...now I see the cracks you guys are talking about. So did he get his $20 gift card?

Wow, :horror just wow! The SS site still says polystone. :monkey1 SS please think about lowering the costs with this new cheaper way of making statues and cheaper shipping etc. I can live with it if we get to save money. :gah:

Who says fiberglass is cheaper than polystone? Costs could be equal. Maybe they're seeing a bigger increase in polystone costs in the past 3 years than fiberglass and now polystone costs have finally surpassed the costs of producing with fiberglass? Who knows.

I could care less what my statues are made from. As long as they look great, have no defects, and last.

And what has inflated over 400% in the last few years with the rise of Economies in China and India? That's right, oil... and labor costs lol

Back