Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received mine on Friday and opened him up and found some cracks and q hole in it. Is SSC still filling replacements for this piece? I need to email them tonight.

what I don't get is why they can get replacements for pieces like spiderwoman or secura (with you waiting a few months for them to be produced) but not for this?

I think Sideshow may have been caught with their pants down on this one. Great figure with high demand and no replacements. Maybe they thought at some point the cracks could just slide by or QC was just asleep. Either way they need to step up for the people that are left with sub-par figures or be left with shelves of damaged goods.

I just received mine on Friday and opened him up and found some cracks and q hole in it. Is SSC still filling replacements for this piece? I need to email them tonight.

This is the e-mail I got for my cracks!

Thank you for your email regarding the Rhino Comiquette. We are sorry to see the issue you are having with the piece. Please know, we have examined your pictures and compared them to some of our inventory pieces. Unfortunately, we found that these cracks are consistent with this statue. Because of these, we do not believe we will be able to provide you a replacement statue that would be any improvement. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please know, we have found that the small cracks you are reporting are limited to certain cervices of the exterior skin and are not expected to expand. Additionally, these cracks do not extend into the interior polystone of the statue, and do not threaten the structural integrity of the statue.

If you decide that you would like to keep your Rhino Statue as is, we can offer you a $20.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

We want you to be satisfied with the figures that you purchase from us and we do not want you to feel stuck with something that you are unhappy with. If you are not satisfied with your Rhino, and do not wish to accept the above credit, we will be happy to offer you a full refund for this statue. If this is how you would like to proceed, I will provide you a pre-paid label to return the item at no cost to yourself.

Please let us know how you would wish to proceed with this inquiry. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Bodie, what can I say man. You were the one that sniffed out the stench of change, regarding SS quality & policy, a long time ago. And those of us who knew Sideshow way back, chose to either ignore or justify their recent business practices (myself included), as growing pains, realignment, whatever. But this recent stance by SS regarding Rhino are truly dirty, & simply can't be ignored or justified. They always have ample time to test new production methods way before release. So really no excuse. And to expect a collector to swallow it whole is just unbelievable,

So kudos to you Bodie, for having the guts to see things as they really are, & voicing those insights. To bad that most ignored or justified those warnings. Now, we are all cursed.

Dude, the packing foam these days is even inferior..

And knew it was a short matter of time complaints get met with a here's a 20 credit..

Shame as this one woulda been great.. but turned it into an insult

Answer to paint chip

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item that would be an improvement over your current item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter

If you decide that you would like to keep your Rhino Statue as is, we can offer you a $20.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

We want you to be satisfied with the figures that you purchase from us and we do not want you to feel stuck with something that you are unhappy with. If you are not satisfied with your Rhino, and do not wish to accept the above credit, we will be happy to offer you a full refund for this statue.

Please let us know how you would wish to proceed with this inquiry. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

wheres-the-beef.jpg

Answer to paint chip

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item that would be an improvement over your current item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter

We want you to be satisfied with the figures that you purchase from us and we do not want you to feel stuck with something that you are unhappy with. If you are not satisfied with your Rhino, and do not wish to accept the above credit, we will be happy to offer you a full refund for this statue.

now that's customer service!..

customer service--> :stick <-- Rhino Purchasers

Sorry to those who got that email. Fortunately Sideshow is sending me a replacement head & body. At least that's what they said.

What another debacle for a highly anticipated statue. I guess the Spider-Man line wasn't immune to SSC QC problems after all...:(

This hobby is going to shzzz slowly but surely.

Back