Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RHINO is AWESOME

except

the 1/8 paint chip on his right palm

now I gotta go through a bunch of crap to get it fixed

It is still up to the driver if they leave it or not. If they feel it is in an area where it is in the open and could be stolen or damaged, they don't have to leave it. I waived the signature and they didn't leave mine today either but they usually will leave the smaller figure boxes.

On a side note, picked mine up today and SS lack of QC strikes again. I have several cracks on the back. I haven't ordered a statue in quite awhile from SS and now I remember why I don't order their statues anymore. It is a beauty of a statue but I worry about the cracks.

I'm going to call ups right now to see what they say.....

I've looked all over this comiquette and luckily no cracks. The only thing I found off was that the heads at least mine are a bit lighter in the paint job than the rest of the body. I used an bright white led light

Just to save a buck. Sad. Hope mine is ok...but it seems like most reviewers have cracks on the back.

oh no, this is to save the customer in shipping! god forbid it weigh like the hulk and have the same quality.. that will make the hollow fans upset, after all they wont be able to move it if it's too heavy!

Yep the weight is a detractor for me...visually the piece is incredible but for me weight and composition is a big factor in what separates SS statues from toys and the line gets a little more blurred the lighter they go.

I moved my Darkness PF and that good sirs is a solid statue.

And the line about saving on shipping is a load of croc in my opinion. It wasn't cheap shipping (what would it have cost, $20 more per statue to ship?) and the price wasn't a discount either so I don't see how the end customer benefited from it. And that is o.k. for SS to do if that is how they want their business model to be but I don't like it at all.

Another thing I noticed...if I tap Rhino he feels and sounds like thick plastic whereas the Wolverine Comiq, AH She Hulk, Darkness, etc. feel like thick stone.

That being said, I love this piece....just irks me a little bit.

Last edited:
oh no, this is to save the customer in shipping! god forbid it weigh like the hulk and have the same quality.. that will make the hollow fans upset, after all they wont be able to move it if it's too heavy!

I feel like I've seen a similar response on the Hulk Maquette thread. :lol

I've moved 7 times in 7 years. I like when it's easier to move pieces around. Weight doesn't matter to me, unless the cast is too thin and is cracking. At that point it's a FAIL.

Here's hoping for a good piece.

Yup same **** here. Just opened mine and found two back cracks and the reg head has an ear chipped.:mad:

Ex head is badass though and he looks great diplayed with the Hulk pf.

DSC00837.jpg

Man, it sucks to hear about the cracks being found on this piece. It looks so damn good otherwise. I hear what peeps are saying about not needing a heavy statue but I'm sure if SSC used some more polystone on this statue a lot of these issues with cracking could have been avoided. I'd rather have to deal with a weight issue instead of the cracking issue going on with pieces like this. I hope SSC can find a way to make their larger pieces with more quality. Skaar was a large statue that wasn't solid but was very well made. He weighed about 40 lbs and felt very sturdy. There is no reason for Rhino to weigh less except to save SSC some money.

Collectors deserve better than eggshell sculpts that crack when they are dropping $400 or more on a statue.

I will be updating tomorrow with pics of the entire Spider-Man line from SS
Stay tuned

Yep the weight is a detractor for me...visually the piece is incredible but for me weight and composition is a big factor in what separates SS statues from toys and the line gets a little more blurred the lighter they go.

I moved my Darkness PF and that good sirs is a solid statue.

And the line about saving on shipping is a load of croc in my opinion. It wasn't cheap shipping (what would it have cost, $20 more per statue to ship?) and the price wasn't a discount either so I don't see how the end customer benefited from it. And that is o.k. for SS to do if that is how they want their business model to be but I don't like it at all.

Another thing I noticed...if I tap Rhino he feels and sounds like thick plastic whereas the Wolverine Comiq, AH She Hulk, Darkness, etc. feel like thick stone.

That being said, I love this piece....just irks me a little bit.

Well said sir... I like this sculpt but think imma take a pass

Man, it sucks to hear about the cracks being found on this piece. It looks so damn good otherwise. I hear what peeps are saying about not needing a heavy statue but I'm sure if SSC used some more polystone on this statue a lot of these issues with cracking could have been avoided. I'd rather have to deal with a weight issue instead of the cracking issue going on with pieces like this. I hope SSC can find a way to make their larger pieces with more quality. Skaar was a large statue that wasn't solid but was very well made. He weighed about 40 lbs and felt very sturdy. There is no reason for Rhino to weigh less except to save SSC some money.

Collectors deserve better than eggshell sculpts that crack when they are dropping $400 or more on a statue.

Was rhino also 40lbs? The shipping costs is the same for skaar?

I used an electronic scale and it said 16.5 lbs.

Not sure how accurate the scale is though.

Back