Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shape of the mouth bothers me some. Looks kind of narrow, but maybe it?s just because it?s more open.
908245598bec2dc6079e6bdb413e4376.jpg

0074fecc05f3a0026c59a84ee707f9d5.jpg

wow some are very hard to please... I think this Rancor looks fantastic !! I would buy it in a heart beat if I would know where to put it.

wow some are very hard to please... I think this Rancor looks fantastic !! I would buy it in a heart beat if I would know where to put it.

It?s not that it doesn?t look great. We?re just discussing screen accuracy - which is kind of what we do here :)

If you look at this from memory, it looks awesome! But the more I look at the comparison pictures, the more I see loads of artistic liberty was taken. Still cool though!

This is where I am at. Of course it's reasonable to discuss accuracy here but I don't know how you could look at this thing and not be kinda blown away if you are an OT Star Wars fan. I do wish Sideshow would have really pulled out all the stops to make it as accurate as possible but ultimately if you absolutely insist on something totally screen accurate I don't think you will ever own a Rancor.

Lots of folks here, myself included have questioned why Sideshow doesn't make more cool creatures and aliens...well here it is! Personally I am thrilled Sideshow chose to make this:)

This is where I am at. Of course it's reasonable to discuss accuracy here but I don't know how you could look at this thing and not be kinda blown away if you are an OT Star Wars fan. I do wish Sideshow would have really pulled out all the stops to make it as accurate as possible but ultimately if you absolutely insist on something totally screen accurate I don't think you will ever own a Rancor.

Lots of folks here, myself included have questioned why Sideshow doesn't make more cool creatures and aliens...well here it is! Personally I am thrilled Sideshow chose to make this:)

I think we all agree with this! I love all the sixth scale SW creatures SSC has produced (I know this one isn?t exactly sixth scale) even if they?re never accurate ...but I still think it?s reasonable to point out where it?s not accurate. Sometimes things work even better if they aren?t totally accurate. And then people can choose if it matters to them. ...guess we need to talk about something, or this thread is dead ;-)

Wow it cost 1300$ im not sure if huge is enough for that price. To me Sideshow Diorama & GG Statue looks more screen accurat from paint and sculpt than this one. sorry

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibl...n-luke-vs-rancor-sideshow-collectibles-200020
https://www.gentlegiantcollectors.c...rsion for the Web/Star Wars/SWSTAT_Rancor.jpg

this will def be a tough piece to place/display but i pre ordered its too fantasticof a piece to not go with primarily since my entire 1/6 scale collection is star wars almosty 100 pieces and no other license orfranchise in threre, helps me stay focused and allows for a purchase like this without breaking the bank since i dont have to worry about 6 diif incarnations of every marvel character... i think itll look amazing once on display

I work at a popcultcha shop so i get 20% off. $1150 is a lot more reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same price as CDUK.

It's a lot of money for something so inaccurate. Makes my purchase of Jabba 2.0 look like a bargain, as he was almost exactly half the price but with more complexity/parts.

I was given a tour at Sideshow the other day and was lucky enough to see the prototype of this guy... If it turns out anything like what I saw, there's going to be some serious pants browning when people gets these in hand. Its pretty incredible. In fact, if you display 1/6 figures in the foreground of a display, this guy would pass as 1/6 scale.

Back