Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Rancor sttaue on SSL ???

I was thinking it could have maybe had a swap-out arm like Jabba's arms. It'd be pretty huge though, maybe too big for a magnet to hold. I always hated the long aluminum posts SSC would use for larger swap-out pieces.

I really hope they haven't gone back to polystone for this one - it'll need a crane to get it into your house.:lol

And this may be twice the size/volume of Jabba (well, maybe not including the throne) but Jabba came with a ton of stuff that had to be manufactured.

It would be awesome if someone did a rotocast Rancor that was true 1/6 scale. It would only weigh maybe 10-15 lbs, could be shipped in pieces, have movable arms and head, and probably cost no more than $500 (based on a more high-end version of those massive 3' tall roto SW figures that used to be in TRU.)

Material listed is fiberglass/resin, no weight is given.

Great pieces and setup, Mandible. You can rearrange that Slave I and TIE into my collection if that makes it easier :D

1fcd3476291d8037917ec12dd15b5e3b.jpg
c139dad04f183e43748b769a2b6ba48a.jpg

Pre ordered mine! The company i work for ordered one in just for me! 20% off rules ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sideshow Rancor sttaue on SSL ???

The joke price guess was closer than the serious price guess.:lol

This is a serious chunk of resin but I can't see how this is worth $500 more than Jabba + throne was.

And what makes this "deluxe"? Is there alternate accessory of some kind? I didn't see anything googling it.

Sheesh! I wasn’t speculating about the price of this RESIN STATUE I was talking about a PVC FIGURE like Jabba or Dewback. My point being, once this sells through I would not be surprised to see SS release a Rancor figure. However if SS no longer has the 1/6 SW figure license (not sure if that’s been verified) maybe HT will announce. Problem is HT doesn’t really do non-humanoid Star Wars aliens and creatures, not to mention vehicles and environments.

So seems like Wookiepedia now has the average height of a rancor at 4.20 meters, meaning that this one is actually now 1/6... An average rancor that is. THE rancor is still 5m tall making this one 1/7 scale.
I have decided that this one is too expensive for a statue where I don?t really see THE rancor in there, so I have decided to print my own in true 1/6 scale [emoji51] ...crazy task. The arm itself is as big as a human arm.
8ca561a080cbdae6cb18b61aae2a0e4b.jpg

So seems like Wookiepedia now has the average height of a rancor at 4.20 meters, meaning that this one is actually now 1/6... An average rancor that is. THE rancor is still 5m tall making this one 1/7 scale.
I have decided that this one is too expensive for a statue where I don?t really see THE rancor in there, so I have decided to print my own in true 1/6 scale [emoji51] ...crazy task. The arm itself is as big as a human arm.
8ca561a080cbdae6cb18b61aae2a0e4b.jpg

Wow this is crazy, keep posting progress please!

very cool! what do think the total printing might come to once its all completed. Printer filament is expensive? Or not really?

Not really. I live in Denmark, so everything is expensive. A kilo of filament cost $24, so I?ll gestimate that the whole rancor will be $200 in filament plus energy consumption which is a bit more than running a laptop. So maybe $300 for the whole thing unpainted? ...maybe no more than $200 if you?re in the US.
I also use this as practice in printing big for my work, so it?ll be worth it I hope :)
446aa63f349fba8aadf02f2ba29a9510.jpg

Back