Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is absolutely not 1/6. If going all out for such an incredible piece...why in the world would you NOT do 1/6?

It really makes no sense.

it is absolutely not 1/6. If going all out for such an incredible piece...why in the world would you NOT do 1/6?

It really makes no sense.

Pure speculation, but assume they probably looked at the shipping costs, the likelihood of people have shelf space for a true 1/6 and figured at this size it was close enough to lure a lot of people in, while not being so large to keep people from purchasing due to space. It's about $400 overpriced in my opinion, so I'm out regardless but I'm one that would've bought at this scale or 1/6 if the price were a bit friendlier.

Building my own 1/6 version makes me realize that releasing a 1/6 version would be almost crazy... it?s gigantic.

But please keep going with your one! Its something i'm very eager to see completed

I will :) I will hopefully be done printing this week. I won?t be able to work on it until March though.
Here is a picture where you can see the full height of the true scale 1/6 rancor. The top print is a failed one, but you can see how tall it?s gonna be.
Imagine that in a SSC shipping box [emoji28]:
423bd3c932b23e287a9da1e6abf5b822.jpg

6d6599d82b704c9905d545d45ebd6e92.jpg

I will :) I will hopefully be done printing this week. I won?t be able to work on it until March though.
Here is a picture where you can see the full height of the true scale 1/6 rancor. The top print is a failed one, but you can see how tall it?s gonna be.
Imagine that in a SSC shipping box [emoji28]:
423bd3c932b23e287a9da1e6abf5b822.jpg

6d6599d82b704c9905d545d45ebd6e92.jpg

Wow! No, not saying to rush through your project. More so that i look foward to what it will finally look like when you finish it.
But life gets busy and sometimes the toys have to wait!
I'll keep watching for updates though.

I have to say although I'm over the moon to have ordered the sideshow rancor, this 1/6 scale your doing slikkerias is very impressive. I look forward to seeing it completed and on display.

WOW ! Very Very impressive !!! can it be this is actually more accurate then Sideshows ?

WOW ! Very Very impressive !!! can it be this is actually more accurate then Sideshows ?

:) I believe it is. I think the SSC one is impressive, beautiful and awesome, but it?s idealized and therefor loses some of the clunkyness and feel of the original.

:) I believe it is. I think the SSC one is impressive, beautiful and awesome, but it?s idealized and therefor loses some of the clunkyness and feel of the original.

When I compare your print with movie stills I'm not convinced it is more screen accurate. I think the proportions of at least the head are off.

It looks great none the less, and I'm sure it will look even more stunning when painted.

I also still love the Sideshow model shown so far, so I'm glad they are releasing it! Now if only they would show some more next to the recent one angle video...

When I compare your print with movie stills I'm not convinced it is more screen accurate. I think the proportions of at least the head are off.

It looks great none the less, and I'm sure it will look even more stunning when painted.

I also still love the Sideshow model shown so far, so I'm glad they are releasing it! Now if only they would show some more next to the recent one angle video...

You can?t really judge the proportions of the head from my photos since it looks way too big in photos. The phone just does that.
That said, the Sideshow one is fantastic as a more idealized version of the rancor. The Dewback and Tauntaun was the same and I love those. I?m in no way saying that mine is better than the SSC version. Of course it isn?t. It?s just different and has more of the puppet feel that the original had.
Mine is not completely screen accurate either, so it?s up to the individual whatever works for them. I just wanted an actual 1/6 scale rancor - and one that cost about 1/6 of the price of the SSC version. :)
So here is the result. Again, the photos f?s with the proportions a little bit.
dc21523c474480818437c751e3d6f3b5.jpg
70f6d1c5f1ca24d9e57ec11687ec82ce.jpg
bf00f1c64c999b044095e91787b4d135.jpg
b798fd0423656f10aabcb360f6e37049.jpg

3943c435b22dfdd3e62a08776e004d86.jpg

Back