Sideshow Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got a confirmed swap-out helmet, but SS still hasn't released the price as they typically do on Tuesdays before the release. That's odd.

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-02.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-04.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-09.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-08.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-07.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-06.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-03.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-10.jpg

And here's the EX...which, I'd say is a pretty big must for this piece. Well, not a must...well, yeah kinda. :lol I mean, if you're a big enough fan, you'll be getting this piece when it goes up anyway, so you won't have to worry! I just think that this swap out will be a big selling point for some!

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-2003721-02.jpg

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-2003721-01.jpg

And the shot of them all together with the yet to be revealed Vader! Vader looks like he'll look solid, but I'll still probably pass on the line. Still, I think Vader will be the big selling point of this series for most!

star-wars-ralph-mcquarrie-boba-fett-statue-200372-12.jpg

I agree the EX is good on this, I like this line, the Storm trooper especially. I'm just not sure I can bring myself to order them for the price.

His pricing is $429.99, so $30 more than the Stormtrooper basically because he's Fett. I'm not a big fan of lines doing that, but alas, they all do. I'd think Vader will even be a bit more, even if it's just $10.

I agree the EX is good on this, I like this line, the Storm trooper especially. I'm just not sure I can bring myself to order them for the price.

Considering that only three people have posted since this went up, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are thinking the same way you are. :lol

Considering that only three people have posted since this went up, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are thinking the same way you are. :lol

It does seem that way, the next few months will be interesting to see, people seem to be at breaking point with regards to pricing. A shame really, these deserve much more attention.

The new Medieval Spawn statue from McFarlane is the same scale… $135 less and has about 20x the detail. I know the SW license adds some to the cost but man… $430 for this… YIKES.

Yeah, it's a fine line in terms of when pricing becomes too much. I also think the pricing means people are just pickier in general. No longer are people grabbing something every month. Now people are looking months into the future, planning out what's coming and deciding that way. There's SO much on deck from multiple companies, and with pricing so high, people have to figure out which lines they want to get into, or what statues they want most.

The license could be a bit of it, but since Masters of the Universe's He-Man is $399.99 and the same scale, I think it's more just prices going up on the Sideshow front. I would've thought the same thing, but this just seems to be where 1/5 pieces are right now. It would have been nice for those interested in this line if they'd have kept them all at $399.99, but even Mythos was random from piece to piece, so it's not overly surprising.

Either way, the ES will likely be roughly in line with where the Stormtrooper ended up. The Star Wars buzz will definitely help sell more of these over time, that's for sure. Star Wars is just getting started in terms of their big push. It's going to be a constant over the next six years or so, thanks to the constant flow of yearly movies, so I only expect more to come from the license over that time.

Like everything on this line but the pricing. These seem a good $25.00 to $50.00 over priced. As mentioned they are nearly the same as a 1/4 PF.

The new Medieval Spawn statue from McFarlane is the same scale… $135 less and has about 20x the detail. I know the SW license adds some to the cost but man… $430 for this… YIKES.

I only had 1 McFarlane and sold it...the Anniversary statue...it was nice but I'm not that big on Spawn so I'm just checking out the Medieval one...

!!!!

17 inches and $300 for that much detail, 2 switch out weapons, 2 switch out heads and a signed print, all STANDARD, not an exclusive edition.

I fully agree. I'm not sure what kind of deals they have in place, and they're not paying a licensor cost since they make it themselves, but even with that subtracted, it makes ss's prices look unreasonable...430 for considerably less.

In a positive light, I do like this Boba!

p_spawn_MEDIEVAL-SPAWN_047.jpg

web_MedievalSpawn_Resin_5.jpg

p_spawn_MEDIEVAL-SPAWN_173.jpg

Last edited:
I'm out. The bubble is about to burst my friends.

Good luck to anyone who needs to sell this down the road. You will be lucky to recoup your cost, assuming the edition size is comparable to the stormtrooper ... and I have a funny feeling that it will be even higher.

Statue is nice, just like the Trooper. Price is insane, just like the Trooper.
Boba has some nice sculpted details, paint job is, again, very simple like for the Trooper, no way on Earth this should be so close to the PF price. Now waiting for dat 450$ Vader and the circle will be complete. Guess this line is dead on arrival.

Okay, time to bring in some positivity :)

Day 1 order for me, some rewards points will bring him under $400...love the pose and the EX helmet is how I will display him. This line is going to be amazing even if they stop at 3 pieces.

Bring on Vader :rock

Okay, time to bring in some positivity :)

Day 1 order for me, some rewards points will bring him under $400...love the pose and the EX helmet is how I will display him. This line is going to be amazing even if they stop at 3 pieces.

Bring on Vader :rock

I agree. Can't wait to have them grouped together on display!

Back