Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Link to waitlist & buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

For those that got the cracks, was it boxed up or displayed?

Just checked mine, there a tiny small paint crack not noticble, not sure if that was there before and i didnt notice it, but im not risking exchanging for one thats worse, the one on mine is only noticble if u look at it super close, so im happy, still pist we have to pay so much and worry!

I have checked my Which was display 1 month now, don't see any yet. Hopefully it will not.......

For those that got the cracks, was it boxed up or displayed?

I just double checked how long I have had my EX Psylocke. I received her on 3/13/12...so I have had her 48 days on Monday. I do a pretty detailed inspection when I first unbox my statues and there were absolutely no signs of these cracks when I first got her. She has been on display in a besta with the glass doors since I got her. I only decided to open the door and take a closer look at her yesterday after reading the posts on this forum.

I will be calling Sideshow on Monday and will post my results.

Well I'll be damn, I have some small cracks on mine too :( I have a very high suspicion that the cracks are caused my the wax paper SSC used to wrap this piece. I've remove the wax on both the statue & base. I'll need to contact SSC on this matter tomorrow.

Last edited:

Yea I'll send an email to them but unless they do a brand new batch with different paint, a replacement will prob be worse or have the same paint cracks after some time.

Yea I'll send an email to them but unless they do a brand new batch with different paint, a replacement will prob be worse or have the same paint cracks after some time.

I don't think it's the paint but the wax paper used. There might be some Chemical reaction within the paper that is causing the paint cracking.

That sounds extremely unusual. What makes u think this?

My first ever PF was mystique. The base was wrapped in wax like paper around the side of it. When I received it, there were some major cracks around it. This seems to be the same situation going on here.

Yeesh, I checked this thread to see if I was still tempted to pick her up by all the great pics earlier and I see paint cracks. Sorry to anyone whose statue is affected. :(

I hope this is a not a common issue on their latest offerings...

I wasnt planning to set mine up yet but will. I already received a replacement from them that came not wrapped in the wax paper.

Damn I hope it's not too late to get a replacement...

I got on the waitlist for replacement a couple weeks ago but I haven't heard anything new yet unfortunately. Also I need to add the base to the list for replacements as well.

This looks to have turned out worst than the Rogue PF, just with a delayed affect.

Just set mine back up, she looks hot, but after closer inspection the base does hav alot of those thin little spider cracks starting to show up. :gah:

Damn, kinna glad I canceled the Ex and still on the waitlist after, for the Ex, LOL. I don't get why this is happening. Rogue's and Gambit's doesn't have these issue. My Ms. Marvel is fine too. And they're similiar build.

How lOng after recieving can ss get offer full refund?

I think its a 30 day window.

Damn, kinna glad I canceled the Ex and still on the waitlist after, for the Ex, LOL. I don't get why this is happening. Rogue's and Gambit's doesn't have these issue. My Ms. Marvel is fine too. And they're similiar build.

It doesnt both me too much, I just dont know if this is going to be a problem over time and eventually really crack up bad. I had to replae the body for cracking at the shoulder.

I don't think it's the paint but the wax paper used. There might be some Chemical reaction within the paper that is causing the paint cracking.

nothing to do with the paper :slap If that could cause the paint to crack like that, we might as well stop collecting altogether...

it's something they did or didnt do at the factory, i just hope they were made aware fast enough and fixed the process for the later batches.

I think i probably got the latest batch than anyone else here as got mine just last week factory fresh after waiting for over a month. Will let you guys know if any cracks, so far it's perfect.

30 days are already pass for lots of us......what should we do .....

Back