Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Link to waitlist & buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

I've had her now for almost 3 weeks and nothing has developed on the base or body still n I check every day!

So my conclusion is the same as previously said in older posts...some batches were prob neglected during the painting process or mixing....n some batches were exempt...resulting in no cracks...

No cracks when I first got it. Now that you guys are starting to see cracks, I decided to check mine and I found a bunch of spider cracks on the base today as well. going to have to check with sideshow to get that replaced as well as the body.

A little disappointed to have to do a refund/replacement for my first order directly through sideshow. I bought four previous pfs at the lcs without any issues, well for the most part (my rogue was not too bad.)

guys are you all sure it's actual cracks on the base, not just lines with paint over it? I think that's normal. My x23 or any other high gloss painted base has those..

but if you see cracks on the leg area that's definitely a problem.

why the **** are we paying $300 just so we can get stressed over this, in any other product the company would be skinned alive...only sideshow can pull something like this off and we continue to buy their **** head over heels...

Quick question .... This or the Kotobukiya Danger Room Sessions .... Which has better paint apps and which has better quality ??

I'm a 1/6 collector 12 inch thinking of getting a statue for a change

Thats a big change and you do need to think about scale for uniformity in your collection as well as how much you are willing to spend. These PF's add up fast. They also take up a lot of space. They are a commitment.

Personally, either would be cool depending on what line you think you are going to follow through on but as a stand alone I really enjoy the SS Psylocke Comiquette by Mark Brooks. She was executed really well imo.

I'm a 1/6 collector 12 inch thinking of getting a statue for a change

Once you start buying 1:4 scale statues there is no turning back. :monkey3 Be forewarned though, boxes could add up very quickly and your once previous space maybe gone. However there are more pros then cons when u buy statues.

guys are you all sure it's actual cracks on the base, not just lines with paint over it? I think that's normal. My x23 or any other high gloss painted base has those..

but if you see cracks on the leg area that's definitely a problem.

why the **** are we paying $300 just so we can get stressed over this, in any other product the company would be skinned alive...only sideshow can pull something like this off and we continue to buy their **** head over heels...

Oh it's cracks all right you can feel them as they broke the surface paint. Also I'm looking at the legs now and it seems that the paint is now cracking the the front of the legs as well. The disease is spreading! Lets hope we can all get replacements for those having issues.

For those who said their pf looked fine when they got it, I recommend checking again now. These are new cracks that weren't there before! :gah:

Oh it's cracks all right you can feel them as they broke the surface paint. Also I'm looking at the legs now and it seems that the paint is now cracking the the front of the legs as well. The disease is spreading! Lets hope we can all get replacements for those having issues.

For those who said their pf looked fine when they got it, I recommend checking again now. These are new cracks that weren't there before! :gah:

Yes exactly. Mine came in good shape then after 2 weeks the base is now full of spiderweb cracks and the leg one has 2 new cracks on it. I can't believe this is happening after we pay 300.00 for this. I think SS should say something about this statue. I mean come on out and explain to us why this is happening to this statue. :impatient:

Ummm damn guys....sorry to hear this. I think I need to check mine when I get home :eek:

Yes exactly. Mine came in good shape then after 2 weeks the base is now full of spiderweb cracks and the leg one has 2 new cracks on it. I can't believe this is happening after we pay 300.00 for this. I think SS should say something about this statue. I mean come on out and explain to us why this is happening to this statue. :impatient:

Wait!! What?? It will cracks after we got it??? Why is that happen?? This is first time I heard this? So I have to check it all the time now? What if it crack again and ss don't give **** ?

Wait!! What?? It will cracks after we got it??? Why is that happen?? This is first time I heard this? So I have to check it all the time now? What if it crack again and ss don't give **** ?

Ok if you inspect them make sure you use a flashlight. Just check the leg area where the blue stripes are around her leg. Also the base tends to crack after these have been opened in some cases. Be sure to check them each week. You will be amaze by what you will find if you really keep checking.

Ok if you inspect them make sure you use a flashlight. Just check the leg area where the blue stripes are around her leg. Also the base tends to crack after these have been opened in some cases. Be sure to check them each week. You will be amaze by what you will find if you really keep checking.

Really? Then how we gonna keep this statue ? I mean if it's gonna be like this?

Really? Then how we gonna keep this statue ? I mean if it's gonna be like this?

Well some might get lucky and didn't get the bad ones. So best of luck to all. The worst thing is if it does not crack up for a year when SS will not take them back. So I think sooner is better. :slap

after reading a lot of your comments on the "cracking" issue, i decided to re-open and check. she has been in the box since i got her about 45 days ago. to my surprise, indeed it cracked. so far, no issues on the base here.

photo5.jpg

i just got mine a few days ago and it has no issues, fingers crossed it's from the new batch. I will have to take it out of the display cabinet & keep checking every week...

go ,,!,, youself sideshow

Just looked at the comiquette .... very nice piece ... anyone here know how much it should cost... dont want to get ripped off

after reading a lot of your comments on the "cracking" issue, i decided to re-open and check. she has been in the box since i got her about 45 days ago. to my surprise, indeed it cracked. so far, no issues on the base here.

photo5.jpg

Yep that's it! Mine was the same. The worst thing is I started with one tiny crack, then few days later 2 cracks like yours and the base got hit with tons of spider webbing cracks. SS must have been using cheaper materials for this one. I mean just putting in a arm on this statue scrapes away the paint inside. The paint they use is just not sticking at all.

Just looked at the comiquette .... very nice piece ... anyone here know how much it should cost... dont want to get ripped off

it actually came back in stock at Sideshow's website last week for a day or so

Back