Sideshow Presents: YOU can be the next GI JOE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember looking at Toy Fare magazine where they covered one of the cons and Hasbro had a contest for the fans to actually have their likenesses scanned and made into the 3 3/4 Joes.They got to pic the uniform and their codename and have their likeness made for the figure.Looked pretty damn cool and if you're a true fan ^^^^ the likeness rights it'd be cool to have your own Joe figure in 1/6th scale.

I remember looking at Toy Fare magazine where they covered one of the cons and Hasbro had a contest for the fans to actually have their likenesses scanned and made into the 3 3/4 Joes.They got to pic the uniform and their codename and have their likeness made for the figure.Looked pretty damn cool and if you're a true fan ^^^^ the likeness rights it'd be cool to have your own Joe figure in 1/6th scale.

Wasn't that last year's SDCC?

As for the figure, this actually brings back negative memories for me. Hasbro ripped me off, the bastards. I sent everything in and never got my figure. :mad: :lol

Actually I think it was the New York Toy Show.Still it would be cool to have your own face on a Joe even if it was just the 3 3/4 inch ones.It would be really great if it was a 1/6th scale Joe though.I guess people could always just commission a sculpt of yourself from one of the many boards sculptors and make your own.It's not like it would be that hard to kitbash one of the many outfits from several of the Joes.

I actually just found my Steel Brigade figure this afternoon while going through Joes. I should do a pic. I think there's like five variations of this figure!

The reason why fans should refrain from dressing up as their favorite Joe...

05WWChic39.jpg

The reason why fans should refrain from dressing up as their favorite Joe...

05WWChic39.jpg

Or require weight limits, like carnival rides and elevators. All kidding aside bro, those two fatties have bigger balls and considerably less shame than you or I. :lol

I once saw a sweaty 300lb broad dressed as Felicia from Dark Stalkers. Some things should just be illegal. :google

Or require weight limits, like carnival rides and elevators. All kidding aside bro, those two fatties have bigger balls and considerably less shame than you or I. :lol

I once saw a sweaty 300lb broad dressed as Felicia from Dark Stalkers. Some things should just be illegal. :google

Felicia was the "cat girl"right? :yuck

Actually I think it was the New York Toy Show.Still it would be cool to have your own face on a Joe even if it was just the 3 3/4 inch ones.It would be really great if it was a 1/6th scale Joe though.I guess people could always just commission a sculpt of yourself from one of the many boards sculptors and make your own.It's not like it would be that hard to kitbash one of the many outfits from several of the Joes.

No, it was SDCC '08. ;):
https://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/conventions-9/be-your-own-gi-joe-sdcc-hasbro-contest-7510/

But yeah, it would be cool to do in 1:6. But that said, yeah, it would be easier, and you'd have a better chance, paying to have a commission done of yourself and go all out on a custom G.I. Joe. OR, just build one out that coincides with your military loadout. I like the latter better. Real Joe. :D

Felicia was the "cat girl"right? :yuck

Yep. And the Cosplayer was skimpily wrapped in toilet paper taped to a white bikini (or parachute sewn to appear as one). Though the funny thing was she could've just as easily tucked it into her rolls to hold it in place.

EEeeeeeeeeeewwwwww! How is it you still have eyes!?!? I'd rather watch the bacterial vaginosis GI Joe movie than see that!!!

EEeeeeeeeeeewwwwww! How is it you still have eyes!?!? I'd rather watch the bacterial vaginosis GI Joe movie than see that!!!

Hmmmm. Both seem pretty bad to me bud. Either one will make you blind. One with rage, the other from horror. :lol The good news is, after the first day, she was easily avoided as the fanboy funk radiating off of Jupiter's moons let you know when to jump isles in the dealer's room to avoid a full frontal or dimpled rear assault. :p

Back