Sideshow, please include Stormtrooper belt and gun with ANH Luke!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relax. I said its an unbelievable figure. If SS has a plan to include the extra accessories that don't require us to spend an extra $100+ on a ST then great. If not, now's the time, months before production, to raise the issue.

Has Sideshow ever changed the accessories for a figure after it comes up for pre-order?

Is there a precedent?

Has Sideshow ever changed the accessories for a figure after it comes up for pre-order?

Is there a precedent?

Plo Koon's saber color perhaps? I know that's pretty minor but its not like SS has to make a ST blaster and belt *just* for Luke. We know the blaster is done and the belt is hopefully in the can, which just leaves the grappling hook.

And hey, technically this hasn't gone up for preorder yet. :)

Did they do something to one of the Bond accessories also, like a pack of cigs or vodka or something?

They also removed the gun holster from Skinner. One freakin' piece of plastic is too much to offer???

Again...

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I love the folks at Sideshow. And I know they do care. But these were not thought all the way through, imho... particularly if they are meant to be the definitive figure of each character from ANH.

I mean, seriously, we get the goofy hat & goggles that were never actually seen in ANY version of the movie... but not the Stormtrooper belts that Luke & Han wear for an important sequence of the film? :huh

Well, in defense of the hat and goggles, they're the exclusive, so less than 50% of Luke owners will get them. Had they been a regular item and the ST stuff not included, then I'd hold that against them, but not having the ST is just lacking in items.

While I won't miss the ST items (I understand their importance), I do wish he was packed with the blast shield helmet since his matted hair seems to accommodate for one.

I will like them to release Han and Luke in ST armor.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the next offering:

Death Star Escape Expansion Pack

Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper belt with interchangeable grapple hook
Han Solo Stormtrooper belt
2 Stormtrooper Blasters
1 Long Imperial Rifle
1 set of Wookie Binders
1 MSE Droid

Retail between $20 and $25. That way we get all the Death Star gear and an extra blaster or two.

OK. Now I don't want the ST belts to come with Han and Luke. This. THIS is what want! :cool:

And maybe the training helmet included somehow?

StarWarsPoster.jpg

MPW-19409
Yes the belt would be cool, but, according to those posters, Leia should have come with bigger breasts also, right? :D

Since the SSC 12" SW figures have reached the price point of $65, I'd much rather strive for a rollback to $ 55 or so, than beg them for some such exclusive item. I've seen them release so many pointless exclusive items for the 12" SW figures, that a discount is of more value!

Let this be the ultimate cry for descent, meaningful exclusive items... or a fitting price.

Since the SSC 12" SW figures have reached the price point of $65, I'd much rather strive for a rollback to $ 55 or so, than beg them for some such exclusive item. I've seen them release so many pointless exclusive items for the 12" SW figures, that a discount is of more value!

Let this be the ultimate cry for descent, meaningful exclusive items... or a fitting price.

Well said.

I'd like it to be included as well, but I don't think the plea worked with Han, so sadly it will probably fail here as well :monkey2

Is the line of thinking like this...
If they make a Stormtrooper blaster for Han and or Luke there might be a possible Stormtrooper figure in the future?
If SSC is going to make a Stormtrooper figure I'm sure they want to get it right and not rush it.
Be patient!
:chew

Maybe they're ignoring you all for a reason???

Like they already thought of that expansion pack idea???

;););)

We can only hope...

First the $70 Luke's stormtrooper blaster got taken away, and hasn't come back. There is no excuse now, at $70, why he doesn't have the belt, grapling hook, and st blaster. A expansion pack would just be a slap in our faces now.

Make that $70... without a Stormtrooper belt.

:monkey1

Back in my day, we could get a Pt VII Jason for $30...

Of course we all wore onions on our belts too...

Seriously though...these price increases are scary, but I'm still glad I only go for Sith...and anything else that takes my fancy...

Please put me down on the wish list. I think this should be a given. How else is Luke and Leia supposed to swing across my toy room? :dunno

Back