Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

Today I received a replacement Jack Sparrow PF for the one that arrived broken. This one too arrived broken. The bone the hangs from Jack's head was snapped. In this case, I think it was completely due to how it was packed for shipment. There was a big wad of paper smashed into the box where Jack's head was.
IMG_0224.jpg

Will Sideshow replace a second broken item received? In this case I think it was specifically due to carelessness on the part of whoever packed the piece for shipment.

I'm sure they will replace it, it's not your fault someone screwed up the packing. Personally I'd glue it and ask for a discount...if it weren't for that splotch on the side of his face...

Today I received a replacement Jack Sparrow PF for the one that arrived broken. This one too arrived broken. The bone the hangs from Jack's head was snapped. In this case, I think it was completely due to how it was packed for shipment. There was a big wad of paper smashed into the box where Jack's head was.
IMG_0224.jpg

Will Sideshow replace a second broken item received? In this case I think it was specifically due to carelessness on the part of whoever packed the piece for shipment.

not only is the bone broken, but it looks like yours has a paint defect on the side of the face. looks like dirt smeared across his cheek. get a hold of sideshow and ask for another one.

In my experiance with SS, once you get the 2nd replacment....thats it. Then they just offer you some kind of cheap discount.

Chris

In my experiance with SS, once you get the 2nd replacment....thats it. Then they just offer you some kind of cheap discount.

Chris

well l think he has a good beef with sideshow then if they say no. the face on his new one looks like it has a large paint defect. l would tell sideshow l want at least half my money back, if he gets stuck with his new one.

The weird streak on the face is the semi-transparent shadow of the plastic wrap. No paint problems there.

well that's good then. l would tell Sideshow you want a good discount, and just glue the bone back together.

If you can glue it back together where it isn't noticeable I'd go for the discount.

My Jack showed up at my friend's shop yesterday. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to take him home at he moment, but I DO get to go do a Quality Control check today. :banana

My Jack has shipped and should be here next week.
Damn these PF are very addictive.Bought my first one (Maleficent PF) for my wife and just had to get Jack for myself.

Its a pretty awesome piece mine came about 3 weeks ago the sculpt is a wee bit off but overall its a great piece. :)

Mine is being shipped on Monday....I hope it gets here in one piece. So far everything SS has shipped me always has some major issue with it.

Chris

My Jack has shipped and should be here next week.
Damn these PF are very addictive.Bought my first one (Maleficent PF) for my wife and just had to get Jack for myself.

Yes, yes they are.

Received my Jack PF replacement for the old one I had which had eye shadow color bleed into the eyes.

Went from this:
DSCN1298.jpg

To this:
DSCN1310.jpg

Me: :blissy :banana :joy

Looks like I get a slightly better paint job on the chin facial hair as well. The triangle part below the bottom lip almost touches the chin facial hair.

Received my Jack PF replacement for the old one I had which had eye shadow color bleed into the eyes.

Went from this:
DSCN1298.jpg

To this:
DSCN1310.jpg

Me: :blissy :banana :joy

When I get mine shipped, and hopefully it is not broken during shipment, I'll post the side by side of the color bleed eyes vs the replacement as well. Congrats on getting a good one :) Post some more pics..

Last edited:

With today being the last day to order for guaranteed Christmas delivery, I went ahead and cashed in about $150 in rewards points towards it.

Back