Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

Mine won't be in until Feb cause I flex payed it....hopefully I'll be able to find a hat for him.

Got mine home today. Much better pics have already been posted but I'm too psyched NOT to post a few shots -

DSCN6055.jpg

DSCN6056.jpg

DSCN6061.jpg

DSCN6058.jpg

DSCN6057.jpg

Ugh, I need to get this. Hopefully I'll get some cash for Christmas...

Got my Ex Jack Sparrow last Friday (#305/650). It really look awesome in-hand. Definitely one of the best PFs that SSC has delivered.

Nice to see more people getting this and loving it! :rock :hi5:

Yea, he definitely could use a nice hat. Hopefully I can find a good one. Not too sure about that Neca one.

Great pics folks! I agree, a hat would look really great. But either way, you can't ignore the amazing base and perfect pose! :rock

I have this bad boy on Flexpay! :yess:
Just a tad catious though seeing how some of you are having problems with the piece itself & I kinda noticed that the paint job on some of the statues here are inconsistent. :gah:

Jack just arrived today at my door....im nervous to open this box. What are the odds I have return 3 new arrivals all in one week?

Chris

Jack just arrived today at my door....im nervous to open this box. What are the odds I have return 3 new arrivals all in one week?

Chris

Yikes! That's a bad week.

I hope your Jack is up to snuff. Mine has a small paint chip on the bone in his hair but I approach everything with a "there's always SOMETHING wrong" attitude so I don't mind small imperfections.

Enjoy. I love this thing so much that I wasn't even jazzed by the Hot Toys DX thread. I think I have my definitive Jack in this one.

God D$#*$u7#U&$)@#$)*$#$U IT!!!....I didnt even take him out of the box yet and this is the first thing I see! :mad: :slap:slap

Again!!...my luck cant be this bad!

Chris

God D$#*$u7#U&$)@#$)*$#$U IT!!!....I didnt even take him out of the box yet and this is the first thing I see! :mad: :slap:slap

Again!!...my luck cant be this bad!

Chris

can't really tell what's wrong. is it the eyes? they look like there's brown eye bleed a little.

Is it the appearance that Jack is drooling?

Damn, feel real bad for you Atheris.
That is one crazy string of bad luck bud.

Ya...the white part of his eyes are brown. What the hell?..Why are his eyes brown?. I've never seen a real human with eyes like this. Have these workers in china ever seen someone with brown eyes like that?...so why would they paint eyes brown! Seriously, how do they screw up such an obvious thing. When you put him on a shelf its hard to see where his eyes are looking because they appear to blend all into one color.
Here we go again, 3 pieces all having to be replaced in one week.....

Hulk
Alien Warrior
Jack sparrow
Iron man-on the way (I dont even wanna know) :gah:

Chris

Not only that..his left eyelid appears to be shutting from the side. Its reptile jack sparrow :slap

Chris

Last edited:

Not only that..his left eyelid appears to be shutting from the side. Its reptile jack sparrow :slap

Chris

Ouch, that's horrible.
QC is really dropping the ball on these.
Hate to mention it too but with the holidays coming, the replacements for those will take awhile.

Hi guys,

is it my impression , or ...
One eye is bigger than the other ?
if you look the statue in front , the right eye looks bigger than the left...
By the way this piece is impressive, i must return mine because one hair is broken :(

Okay QC police, tell me what you think about this: On the right side of my statue's face, there is a strange line from the paint (I think). In some light, you can't see it at all. In other light, you can see it. I really struggled to take a picture of it.

PC203361.jpg

PC203359.jpg

PC203363.jpg

PC203369.jpg

What would you do with this? Would you keep it and be happy, or try to take a gamble sending it back for something that could be worse?

My other issue was that the lantern wouldn't light up. I had to mess around with it and play with the spring in it a little to get it to finally work. It still goes out sometimes but it at least works.

I'm not trying to flame or start an argument, but I've seriously decided that this will be my last big new SS piece. I'm just sick and tired of going through the process of ordering, being home to sign, finding out what's wrong with it, sending it back, getting another one that may or may not be good, repeat. I still love SS and I think they're a great company, but I could just think of many other things to spend a lot of money on that won't give me this kind of grief.

And to the person up top who asked about the Alien Warrior, that thing is a piece of junk. I went through three replacements for broken teeth and other broken parts and finally just settled on one that only has a broken part near where the tail plugs in.

Back