Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

This is AWESOME! I have been WAITING anxiously for a Jack PF! Must Have! This and Indy (outside of SW and LOTR) were my 2 most anticipated PF's. We have Indy, now we'll be getting Jack!

Concept sketch looks GREAT, BUT...I agree, HE MUST HAVE HIS JACKET AND HAT...at least so he can be posed WITH OR WITHOUT those items.

He also needs to be a bit more determined and 'action-y'...holding his flintlock and/or sword. More like how the Blackbeard PF is holding weapons.

I like the standing pose, but holding out the coin...kinda boring IMO...Why not the sword or flintlock instead!

:rock :rock :rock

Or his compass!

I see where they are going with this.. but think this pose would look good with Skeleton Jack... not regular. Oh well.

You mean on large scale, because a few of the 7" NECA figures featured the coat, I'm surprised the 12" AWE is missing it since the 7" verison of the same pose has it and I believe the 7" is made from a 12" scaled down.

Yep, I was thinking of both the 12" and the 18".

I see where they are going with this.. but think this pose would look good with Skeleton Jack... not regular. Oh well.

Well, it is still a concept sketch and to my knowledge, nothing has been sculpted yet, so it could change...

I've started a thread in the 'Ask Sideshow' section...feel free to make some suggestions there to encourage SS to give us the ULTIMATE JACK statue!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60823

For me the quenticential Jack would be in cap and jacket riding into port on his sinking boat.

captain-jack.jpg

The capless and jacketless version should be reserved for an eventual DMC version.

Is this really what this place is coming to. Now, it's not even correcting prototypes but telling them how it should be before there's even a prototype. People are making assumption of what a piece will be and taking preemptive measures to get the piece how they want it based on a couple concept sketches.

Finally, a company is willing to share development projects, and it immediately opens up criticism and suggestion without even a product or iron clad committment to a design.

I want a fully done Jack with coat and hat and all like everyone else, I love the character, but I feel like this early effort is just crossing a line of attitude toward this hobby I don't wish to cross.

Meh. I dont think its any different than wishing for the next figure to be so and so or for them to pick up such and such license.

Its innocent conjecture and just opinions. SSC should appreciate the feedback.

Aye. If people are going to be upset about him not having his hat and coat better to hear it now while they can still consider changing it than after its a prototype and then people ^^^^^ and moan over it.

They may appreciate the feedback at an early stage of development.

However I'm hoping they don't take it too much to heart. I complained to Cinemaquette when they showed their Jack without the hat and jacket. And George wrote back that they appreciate the comments but feel that the look they went with conveyed the essence of the character better. And after having the figure for some time now, I'd have to agree.

I feel the same way about the SSC PF - I really don't think it needs the hat and jacket and I hope they don't succumb to "pressure" to add it and completely change the direction of the piece.

The pose, the expression and the setting would all be different for him to be wearing the hat and coat - and I think what they have is pretty great already.

Is this really what this place is coming to. Now, it's not even correcting prototypes but telling them how it should be before there's even a prototype. People are making assumption of what a piece will be and taking preemptive measures to get the piece how they want it based on a couple concept sketches.

Finally, a company is willing to share development projects, and it immediately opens up criticism and suggestion without even a product or iron clad committment to a design.

I want a fully done Jack with coat and hat and all like everyone else, I love the character, but I feel like this early effort is just crossing a line of attitude toward this hobby I don't wish to cross.

I don't care what he has or doesnt have on, i just want a Jack Sparrow PF.

The hat and coat are just essential to the character, IMO. Hell, the character even points it out in multiple films.

The more I pay, the pickier I am. But it depends on the price for me whether or not I'll even pick it up, and when it will be due for release will be a factor, too. But I do think he should have his hat and coat. Would it be a deal breaker if the sculpt was awesome? No. But I'd still lament their loss.

I agree on the hat and coat. Everyone's got their own vision of what defines Jack Sparrow, but to me it's the whole look, his facial expressions, the complete outfit. The times he's seen without his coat and hat are because he lost the hat and was forced out of the coat, otherwise the coat was always on and I think it really adds to his look, he seems almost more common without it, and the hat feels important because of the importance he placed on it, seeing a collectible without the hat just makes me think of all the times in the movie where it was a big deal he didn't have his hat, hell, he's so delighted to have it back he puts it on with Kraken snot all over it :lol

For me the quenticential Jack would be in cap and jacket riding into port on his sinking boat.

captain-jack.jpg

The capless and jacketless version should be reserved for an eventual DMC version.

That is certainly the image I hold most dear of Cap'n Jack; too bad MR couldn't pull it off quite right in their attempt.

Since Jack usually wore his hat and coat it makes more sense to me for him to be wearing them. The exception being if its scene specific to a time he wasn't wearing it. Or if they are doing multiple Jacks and its the DMC Jack since he didn't have his hat for most of that movie. I think it's going to be an awesome figure even if he is sans coat and hat though.

No hat......at least on his head.

Don't care......he'll be MINE!!!! :)

maybe he'll have a switch out head, with and without hat

For a PF it's really what you'd have to do, unless they achieve a cloth hat. Figures work because they're rubber, though Medicom's are hard plastic, with a $300+ statue, they won't run the risk of damage to the head or hat, so it'll either be a soft goods hat, swappable heads, or no hat, hoping not for the latter.

They did the swappable hat and no hat heads with Indy, so I could seem them doing that here. It would certainly be a better exclusive for Jack than it was for Indy.

Back