Sideshow online account issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noelleon69

Super Freak
Reaction score
Firstly, I tried to update some information in my account but the changes doesnt seem to be saved. It's frustrating that each time I tried to update my address, it brings me back to the log in page saying "Since it has been more than 20 minutes since your last access on our server, please re-authenticate yourself." when all along i've been browsing around my account.

And i obviously didnt take 20 mins to type a few words. Fine, I just went ahead to log in again, but the changes that i made wasnt saved at all. I tried a few times to see if it could be some bug but the same thing happens. I was kept prompted by the "please re-authenticate yourself" message and changes again were not saved.

Secondly, I had updated my email address in my account. But those orders that I had placed before the change, emails informing of their arrival to warehouse soon were all being sent to the old ones. Luckily I still do check my old email sometimes.

Imagine if I didn't or the old email has already been not in use. Then there will be situations where I get charged without my knowledge or get myself worried about why am I not receiving these emails when I should be.

Anyone of you here also had these problems by the way?

Yep, me. I had this 'time-out' problem a few times yesterday night when I was consulting my SSC online account. I didn't think much of it though. But I have noticed that some of the order information is not quite correct, like some orders that have already shipped, still show as "order placed". But that's an different problem I suppose. Might mail SSC about it.

I have also had some problems. I log in to my account and then click on an order to review it and get the time out message and have to log in again, sometimes two or three times in a row before it lets me see my order. I assume it's a glitch that they will fix shortly.

Same here.

I tried looking at my orders yesterday. It let me look at the first one, then when I tried to go back or click account home it came up with the time out message.I kept logging back in but it just took me to the first order again, then when I tried account home, I got the time out message again.
It was very frustrating.
I wouldnt mind but I had only been on there about 2 mins each time it threw me out and had not stepped away from the computer.

I tried it loads of times and at different times throughout the day and it kept doing the same thing.
So I gave up.

Wasn't playing at all! :sick

x :D

Right, seems to be a common problem. Not a major bug but a very irritating one that hopefully gets fixed soon. The one i'm more concerned about is the fact that the address changes i tried to do doesnt seem to be saved.

Oh, i wasnt playing either i swear. :rolleyes:

Alice, the order status does have this issue all the while. Something to do with it not being linked with their system/database or something. Just like if you emailed them to cancel an order instead of doing it online in your account, their database will show it as cancelled after the SS rep has got your email and done the necessary. But in your account it will not be reflected so.

Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. I hope this won't last until Aragorn comes up for preorder. It would really be frustrating if the online login doesn't work for an important preorder.

Count me in for this problem as well.It worried me because i was preparing for the Obi-wan pre-order on Friday afternoon as i m not here to do it in person(my Sister is kind enough to handle it for me!)being at work.I set it all up and she comes in at 18.00 GMT and works her magic!i was concerned it would log me out after 20 minutes.Worked out okay in the end,but this is something that needs to be looked at.

This is a problem that is not only common but contrary to popular belief in danger of losing some of there customers. They already have to contend with retailer prices, but now they have pretty much sent everyones account to were it was 2 years ago. I placed an order for an Excl. Jason from Jason IX for a friend of mine who loves that stuff but doesn't have a CC, and I got an email before Christmas saying my CC had expired. WTH I said, my credit card is good for another two years. So I get on the phone, talk with the person who shall remain nameless and noticed while doing so that my email address, CC and even the way the page was setup was exactly the way it was 2 years ago. The fancy new item list of things you have on order was gone, the email address was incorrect, and the CC was the one I used to pay for the fellbeast when it shipped ages ago. So they tried charging an ancient CC, problems solved right?! WRONG, I looked on the account page after the New Year wondering why the **** it hadn't shipped yet and the order was canceled due to CC decline. How the **** does this happen when I recieved the Crystal Lake book from them a month earlier with the same CC np, and the fact that SS charges go through even if you don't have the money in the account, UNLESS they tried charging the same CC AGAIN even though given the correct card, or were just plane lazy/dumb and forgot?? Seeing as this order was for a friend and not me, I gave up and gave him his money back that I had for over a month. I haven't gotten back in touch with them yet because i've had soooooooo many problems with SS in the past, which for some reason I seem to be the only one who has problems with THE GREAT AND MIGHTY SIDESHOW THAT NEVER SCREWS ANYTHING UP!! So I will probably try to get back in touch with them Monday, but I swear on my collection that if I have ONE MORE problem ordering from Sideshow, upcoming exclusives, Excl. Grevious AND predator be damned, these products aren't worth the trouble of having to spend every waking moment wondering what Sideshow is gonna screw up next. I've waited so long to post this because anything before today would have just been an unfair blast at Sideshow that would result in either instant deletion by the Sideshow Bias Mod crew, or worse a lynching by all the Sideshow Congregation for blasphemy in the name of Sideshow *cough*Josh*cough* . As I stated before, I have had multiple problems with Sideshow in the past, canceling orders months before that still get charged, being charged for an item I NEVER even ordered, damaged product, just plain piss poor manufactured product, and i've sent an angry email or two, AND adding inslult to injury the fact that i've entered at least 100 of thier contests, quiz's, games and drawings and haven't won squat while I see most other board members pretty much guarunteed wins everytime a promotion is going. Needless to say I'm bitter at Sideshow, and i've tried to make this appeal as PC as possible without making unfair accusations, or blatent insults at them, I just think it's time everyone here realized Sideshow isn't god, you shoudln't pray to them, and you should be weary of how and where you spend your money. Lastly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't post in this thread with "i've never had any problems before" or "Sideshow has always been great to me!"!! Not only does it do nothing to help anyone involved in the problem except that persons post count, but also everyone here knows what a great company 99% of you all think Sideshow is and we don't need it reitterated in our faces when I for one am obviously upset and don't really want to read that at the present. So Sideshow, as i've seen so many times before in threads like this, make me a believer please, PLEASE, i've gotten help from a person on the phone, and that didn't work, and my many tries at emailing don't work either, so make me BELIEVE in the gospel of Josh, make me see the light and all the good that is Sideshow!!! HEAL ME!!

P.S. You guys REALLY need to make that email about declined CC a little easier to understand, I looked at it for at least 10 min. dumbfounded before I finally just called. "Do this, this, this, this, this and this, but not this, if you do do this, then follow by this, this, this this and this, unless you never did this, in which case ignore all of this!! Thanks!"

Last edited:
There don't ya feel better now you got that off your chest. Your problems aside, which are serious & do merit a response from SS, I do think it's uncalled for in what you said about the competitions IMO. I find some people are just naturally more luckier than others. If I was paranoid then I would say why is it always Americans that mostly win but I don't as I know that there is a greater percentage of American collectors that buy direct from SS than Europeans who mostly buy collectibles via their local shop as they don't trust international post or unsure of customs, taxes etc

I don't think it's uncalled for, I was just stating that to get it off my chest more then anything. I keep seeing the same names every promotion and i'm sure i'm not the only one that looks at that a little funny. I do think it's unfair that you overseas guys get slimmer chances on contests, exclusives, etc... I don't really think SS is out to make sure I don't win, but when I get frustrated all the things i'm malcontent with poor out, lol. Kudos to Sideshow for holding the contests and giveaways, I do look forward to them even though I don't win. Anyways that wasn't meant to be a "i'm treated unfairly" comment and didn't want it to come off that way. It just adds the cherry to the MASSIVE SUNDAE that is my frustration with Sideshow.

Edit* I'd also like to add that while my problems are losing you money, little as it may be this time, it has the potential for you to lose out on much more (Predator, Greivous, all the SW 12" and a few more), and there isn't really anything to address other then the website problem. I don't want the figure anymore, my friend can find a Jason on ebay if he wants one that bad, but the fact i spoke with someone direct who assured me the problem was fixed should DEFINATLY be addressed. I forsee some terrible trouble for you guys if you start charging everyones orders to credit cards they haven't had for two years or more.

Last edited:
HeraldElrond said:
This is a problem that is not only common but contrary to popular belief in danger of losing some of there customers. They already have to contend with retailer prices, but now they have pretty much sent everyones account to were it was 2 years ago. I placed an order for an Excl. Jason from Jason IX for a friend of mine who loves that stuff but doesn't have a CC, and I got an email before Christmas saying my CC had expired. WTH I said, my credit card is good for another two years. So I get on the phone, talk with the person who shall remain nameless and noticed while doing so that my email address, CC and even the way the page was setup was exactly the way it was 2 years ago. The fancy new item list of things you have on order was gone, the email address was incorrect, and the CC was the one I used to pay for the fellbeast when it shipped ages ago. So they tried charging an ancient CC, problems solved right?! WRONG, I looked on the account page after the New Year wondering why the **** it hadn't shipped yet and the order was canceled due to CC decline. How the **** does this happen when I recieved the Crystal Lake book from them a month earlier with the same CC np, and the fact that SS charges go through even if you don't have the money in the account, UNLESS they tried charging the same CC AGAIN even though given the correct card, or were just plane lazy/dumb and forgot?? Seeing as this order was for a friend and not me, I gave up and gave him his money back that I had for over a month. I haven't gotten back in touch with them yet because i've had soooooooo many problems with SS in the past, which for some reason I seem to be the only one who has problems with THE GREAT AND MIGHTY SIDESHOW THAT NEVER SCREWS ANYTHING UP!! So I will probably try to get back in touch with them Monday, but I swear on my collection that if I have ONE MORE problem ordering from Sideshow, upcoming exclusives, Excl. Grevious AND predator be damned, these products aren't worth the trouble of having to spend every waking moment wondering what Sideshow is gonna screw up next. I've waited so long to post this because anything before today would have just been an unfair blast at Sideshow that would result in either instant deletion by the Sideshow Bias Mod crew, or worse a lynching by all the Sideshow Congregation for blasphemy in the name of Sideshow *cough*Josh*cough* . As I stated before, I have had multiple problems with Sideshow in the past, canceling orders months before that still get charged, being charged for an item I NEVER even ordered, damaged product, just plain piss poor manufactured product, and i've sent an angry email or two, AND adding inslult to injury the fact that i've entered at least 100 of thier contests, quiz's, games and drawings and haven't won squat while I see most other board members pretty much guarunteed wins everytime a promotion is going. Needless to say I'm bitter at Sideshow, and i've tried to make this appeal as PC as possible without making unfair accusations, or blatent insults at them, I just think it's time everyone here realized Sideshow isn't god, you shoudln't pray to them, and you should be weary of how and where you spend your money. Lastly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't post in this thread with "i've never had any problems before" or "Sideshow has always been great to me!"!! Not only does it do nothing to help anyone involved in the problem except that persons post count, but also everyone here knows what a great company 99% of you all think Sideshow is and we don't need it reitterated in our faces when I for one am obviously upset and don't really want to read that at the present. So Sideshow, as i've seen so many times before in threads like this, make me a believer please, PLEASE, i've gotten help from a person on the phone, and that didn't work, and my many tries at emailing don't work either, so make me BELIEVE in the gospel of Josh, make me see the light and all the good that is Sideshow!!! HEAL ME!!

P.S. You guys REALLY need to make that email about declined CC a little easier to understand, I looked at it for at least 10 min. dumbfounded before I finally just called. "Do this, this, this, this, this and this, but not this, if you do do this, then follow by this, this, this this and this, unless you never did this, in which case ignore all of this!! Thanks!"

I really don't know what your problem is James, i've never had any problems before and Sideshow has always been great to me!!!

Jesse

Just went into my account and something is not right at all. I can't get past the first page of orders and if I want to view an order, well, let's just say that to have to constantly log back in is not worth the effort. can't view any individual orders at all to cancel or just to look at. I'm glad I didn't order anything that I want to cancel now, cause that would be possible online, but would require a phone call. I hope that the webteam will address this soon as it's one of those really irritating things that means I'm not ordering a thing until it is fixed. Of course, there isn't anything that I want to order right now anyway. ;)

Beruthiel said:
Just went into my account and something is not right at all. I can't get past the first page of orders and if I want to view an order, well, let's just say that to have to constantly log back in is not worth the effort.

I just tried and the same thing is happening. However, if you click the Cancel Items/Orders link. Everything in there pops up although it isn't up to date.

HeraldElrond said:
Lastly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't post in this thread with "i've never had any problems before" or "Sideshow has always been great to me!"!! Not only does it do nothing to help anyone involved in the problem except that persons post count, but also everyone here knows what a great company 99% of you all think Sideshow is and we don't need it reitterated in our faces when I for one am obviously upset and don't really want to read that at the present.

I don't agree. I think it's important to post the positive experiences as well as the negative ones. I can sympathise with your frustration and it's understandable and you're not the only one that's had issues. I think the problem with comments arises when someone is either always negative or always positive which affects credibility. I'm not referring to you directly HE, just taking in general. In my case the statement "Sideshow has always been great to me!" is true while in your case it's not. Both our statements and feedback are valid and important I think.

The positive comments about past experiences just seems completely irrelevant and counterproductive to the point of trying to get a serious web issue addressed like this thread was intended, but thats just my point of view and I can see where your coming from. I'm sure we've all heard time and again what a great company sideshow is from the overwhelming amount of loyal customers here, and it's just irritating to see the subject go from an attempt to fix a problem to an argument about the ethics of posting, like it is now. just my .02, no offense intended Fritz :cool:

HeraldElrond said:
...and it's just irritating to see the subject go from an attempt to fix a problem to an argument about the ethics of posting, like it is now. just my .02, no offense intended Fritz :cool:

None taken. At least my first point was on topic. :eek:

I can understand your frustration. It's hard when you are having a problem and the people around you are happily posting their positive experiences. That does nothing to help you out. I know that Sideshow follows these threads closely and will pay attention to what we say and address the issues and problems we bring up, often replying here or even contacting you personally.

Whenever I get frustrated I remember the time I got a call from somebody at Sideshow on my cell phone, asking me if it would be OK if my order for the X-Files "Frank Black" figure was delayed a few days, because Lance Henriksen was coming in to the office and she said that she could get it personally autographed for me if I wanted. They had absolutely no reason to do that other than to make me happy. Again, this does nothing to solve your problems, but I think it illustrates that deep down, they really do care about their customers. I know that they will do what they can to help you, given time. Good luck!

Positive experiences are not irrelevant, nor are the negative ones, and I've had some of both.

I've had prompt responses and resolutions to a variety of customer service issues over the past five years, with only one promise left unfulfilled. I won some figures during last year's SDCC and a recent board-sponsored contest (where's my @$#! figure, Dave? :)) but came up empty-handed during Spooktacular and Fantacular. I've received a bunch of "Collect For Life" bracelets and the occasional catalog, but never a key chain nor DVD.

Since this is the "Sideshow Freaks" board, odds are you're going to read about more positive experiences from the membership since the majority of the people who post here have not only a deep affection for Sideshow's product lines, but also for the personnel who comprise the company.

As to the issue at hand, I am able to log-in and surf my account without incident. Though I haven't tried to change my address, etc., all of my past and present orders are up-to-date. I'm using a Mac with OS 10.4.3 (Tiger), and Safari 1.3.1.

I know these things can be very frustrating — I'm currently embroiled in a CS nightmare with another company that will not stop charging orders to a closed CC account — but try to be patient and give the web-heads time to trouble-shoot the issues you and others have raised. And that's another legitimate reason to include positive responses in this thread — the more information the tech-team has, the better equipped they will be too locate the problem.

dww.jpg

Back