SIDESHOW NOT STEALING THE SHOW LIKE LAST YEAR...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess you had to be there 2 feel that what SS had was really kick ass. It was as cool as any year I have been there. There was no Jabba but there where Hobbits which is as big depsite the size difference.

You just can't say anything negative about SS can you? Everything is always wine and roses to you.

Why should he say something negative if he's satisfied?
When you look at the treatment LOTR and SW have gotten in the past Sideshow figures look incredible and the price is much more realistic to the average collector than that of Medi or HT. I have the Willow and Faith figures from Buffy, and while I'm not thrilled with them, I'd rather have them than not.

When people look at an item and offer a critique, it's because they see what they want improved. To those it's good enough to, they don't see any improvement. I personally see the announcement of new bodies as being bigger than Jabba (as long as they don't start charging $10 per figure more.)
They have also made the statement that they want to let people save some cash towards army building next year.
Not that it matters, because to date there has never been a stormtrooper that has been definitive. Someone is always there to say what is off by a millimeter or two.
Anyway, my wallet and I are glad they didn't unveil another giant 'must have'.

Something was different this time. There wasn't a 'wow' piece. Gandalf the White PF was a bit of a disappointment. And there were IMO to much second licenses at the SS booth. Like Hot Toys etc. No new SW PF. No new Marvel PF. No new LOTR diorama. No Indy products.

It still was a great show, but it missed out on something... 'special'.

The only thing I missed is the Starcraft piece :monkey2

Yeah, there were no real eye catchers this year. But they've announced some pretty cool stuff on the other hand though :monkey5

IMO.....

-YEAH THEY GOT THE GODFATHER LISCENCE BUT CINEMAQUETTE TOO...AND LOOKS LIKE THEY DID A BETTER JOB....:eek:AND THEIR PREDATOR OWNS...

-THEY GOT INDY,BUT GENTLE GIANT TOO....:google SPEAKING OF GENTLE GIANT,IMO THEY STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT TO SIDESHOW WITH THEIR HARRY POTTER PF'S ....

-NO NEW MARVEL PF'S ... :mad:JUST A REPAINTED COMIQUETTE WITH LIGHTS, A DIO AND THE BLACK CAT...:monkey4

NO CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON PF FROM UNIVERSAL...ANOTHER FRANKENSTEIN...:confused::eek:

- A HOBO GANDALF

-BORING AND NOT PERFECTLY EXECUTED SW 12''

-AND TONS OF OTHER FIGURES FROM THEIR ASSOCIATES...:rolleyes:

DONT GET ME WRONG,I AM ONE OF SIDESHOW'S GREATEST FAN...ITS JUST THAT AS OPPOSED TO OTHER YEARS, I'M JUST NOT THAT IMPRESSED WITH THEIR NEW STUFF...

SO FAR WE'RE LEFT WITH A REALLY NICE TERMINATOR 1/1 BUST AND 2 HOBBITS...:eek:

And what about the WOW diorama, it looks incredibly sculpted!, this is a great addition.:cool:

I was a bit let down by SDCC this year too, but I think that was more as a result of my own expectations. I was expecting a Jabba-like announcement. Now if they had previews Sidious I would be singing a different tune. But as it was, t'was a bit on the boring side for me. :eek:

I was pretty disappointed (surprise surprise) by the whole con in general. Sideshow's booth was exactly the same as last year but with less new stuff I pretty much just gave it a quick glance and moved on. I was disappointed that Hot Toys didn't have more offerings like last year. No new Aliens marines. The brown Alien was weak. The only item I'm looking forward to is First Blood Rambo.

Hasbro pissed me off after I spent 2 days fighting just to get into the store then most of the stuff was sold out. I had friends back home to buy for and I'm coming back empty-handed. A big F.U. to Hasbro.

The highlight of the whole con was seeing the Blade Runner presentation and meeting the cast and having them sign the poster. Other than that the con was a total bust.

This is the last Comic Con I will go to. It's just not fun anymore. Too many people and the lines are a joke. I had more fun seeing Clockwork Orange the night before the con in Huntington Beach.

I agree with you Pix, it wasn't terribly exciting but what could have topped or even equaled last year? Part of the shock was that it had never been done before.
I mean if they released 12" figures people would ***** that they don't have the new bodies.
Personally outside of 1/6 scale Sauron or Balrog what would have had jaws gaping?
And then the cries of bankruptcy would have been deafening. Another thing that I'm noticing is that while there is attention placed on SSC not stealing the show, apparently none of the other companies did either.
Kind of a less than earth shaking event all around.

The thing 4 me that made it so exciting this year was the combination of products and whats coming. We got so many cool items coming from lots of lines, new bodies, SW got several cool sneak peeks during the SS Panel, and LOTR did as well.

I was pretty disappointed (surprise surprise) by the whole con in general. Sideshow's booth was exactly the same as last year but with less new stuff I pretty much just gave it a quick glance and moved on. I was disappointed that Hot Toys didn't have more offerings like last year. No new Aliens marines. The brown Alien was weak. The only item I'm looking forward to is First Blood Rambo.

Hasbro pissed me off after I spent 2 days fighting just to get into the store then most of the stuff was sold out. I had friends back home to buy for and I'm coming back empty-handed. A big F.U. to Hasbro.

The highlight of the whole con was seeing the Blade Runner presentation and meeting the cast and having them sign the poster. Other than that the con was a total bust.

This is the last Comic Con I will go to. It's just not fun anymore. Too many people and the lines are a joke. I had more fun seeing Clockwork Orange the night before the con in Huntington Beach.

hey Dave, did you attend the freak party with you good friend the Darklord ???

Back