SIDESHOW NOT STEALING THE SHOW LIKE LAST YEAR...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Cold Slither
Reaction score
IMO.....

-YEAH THEY GOT THE GODFATHER LISCENCE BUT CINEMAQUETTE TOO...AND LOOKS LIKE THEY DID A BETTER JOB....:eek:AND THEIR PREDATOR OWNS...

-THEY GOT INDY,BUT GENTLE GIANT TOO....:google SPEAKING OF GENTLE GIANT,IMO THEY STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT TO SIDESHOW WITH THEIR HARRY POTTER PF'S ....

-NO NEW MARVEL PF'S ... :mad:JUST A REPAINTED COMIQUETTE WITH LIGHTS, A DIO AND THE BLACK CAT...:monkey4

NO CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON PF FROM UNIVERSAL...ANOTHER FRANKENSTEIN...:confused::eek:

- A HOBO GANDALF

-BORING AND NOT PERFECTLY EXECUTED SW 12''

-AND TONS OF OTHER FIGURES FROM THEIR ASSOCIATES...:rolleyes:

DONT GET ME WRONG,I AM ONE OF SIDESHOW'S GREATEST FAN...ITS JUST THAT AS OPPOSED TO OTHER YEARS, I'M JUST NOT THAT IMPRESSED WITH THEIR NEW STUFF...

SO FAR WE'RE LEFT WITH A REALLY NICE TERMINATOR 1/1 BUST AND 2 HOBBITS...:eek:

How do you know they they aren't just waiting till the last day or two of the show to show a new marvel PF? Did they say there wasn't going to be one?

IMO.....

-YEAH THEY GOT THE GODFATHER LISCENCE BUT CINEMAQUETTE TOO...AND LOOKS LIKE THEY DID A BETTER JOB....:eek:AND THEIR PREDATOR OWNS...

-THEY GOT INDY,BUT GENTLE GIANT TOO....:google SPEAKING OF GENTLE GIANT,IMO THEY STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT TO SIDESHOW WITH THEIR HARRY POTTER PF'S ....

-NO NEW MARVEL PF'S ... :mad:JUST A REPAINTED COMIQUETTE WITH LIGHTS, A DIO AND THE BLACK CAT...:monkey4

NO CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON PF FROM UNIVERSAL...ANOTHER FRANKENSTEIN...:confused::eek:

- A HOBO GANDALF

-BORING AND NOT PERFECTLY EXECUTED SW 12''

-AND TONS OF OTHER FIGURES FROM THEIR ASSOCIATES...:rolleyes:

DONT GET ME WRONG,I AM ONE OF SIDESHOW'S GREATEST FAN...ITS JUST THAT AS OPPOSED TO OTHER YEARS, I'M JUST NOT THAT IMPRESSED WITH THEIR NEW STUFF...

SO FAR WE'RE LEFT WITH A REALLY NICE TERMINATOR 1/1 BUST AND 2 HOBBITS...:eek:

Hey, What is wrong with another Frankenstein?:confused:

How do you know they they aren't just waiting till the last day or two of the show to show a new marvel PF? Did they say there wasn't going to be one?

IN THE PAST THEY WERE SOME BLANK CASES WITH INTERROGATION POINTS IN IT WITH PRODUCTS TO BE UNVEILED IN THE FOLLOWING DAYS...NOT THIS YEAR...SEEMS WE HAVE SEEN ALL THAT SIDESHOW HAS TO OFFER.

I am a big Sideshow Fan, but I prefer the 1:6 figures, so this SDCC is a bit of a disappointment. I like the look of the PF stuff, but my budget doesn't allow for me to get too many of these, let alone more expensive items. I know. the world's tiniest violin is playing for me.

I also like that 1:6 lines can offer more diversity and greater character selection than those higher end items. It does feel like SS is moving away from 1:6 scale though, even with popular lines like SW or LOTR:monkey2

Yeah, I really think there is something left to show. At least another 12" or a PF...Something to get people to keep co,ing back to the booth as the convention presses on.

yeah, but one thing you cant deny ...

gotta love how Sideshow has had the same effect on the high-end collectibles market that McFarlane had on the action fig market back years ago

In other words, their quality/product has forced the competition to step up what they have to offer to compete with them.

Now look at all the kick ass stuff we have to choose from across the board :rock

gotta love how Sideshow has had the same effect on the high-end collectibles market that McFarlane had on the action fig market back years ago

In other words, their quality/product has forced the competition to step up what they have to offer to compete with them.

Now look at all the kick ass stuff we have to choose from across the board :rock

This is exactly what I was thinking. ...even GG is starting to copy their mixed media offerings. Sideshow better watch out because it seems these other companies want a piece of the pie.

I love the 1:1 Arnold bust!! Pre-ordered yesterday. :D

Love the new Hot Toys elder.

Alien Dio pretty cool... but not large enough... really cool though.

Didn't like the sideshow Robocop PF at all!

So overall, sideshow so far is pretty good, going to be going back there again today, and tomorrow, and sat. :D

See you guys all at the sideshow panel today.

I gotta say that nothing SS has this year has that 'WOW' appeal to it. Last year we had the Yoda bust and the whole Jabba set up. I think the CIV announcements were a lot better than anything new they are offering here.

There are several 'nice' pieces, but nothing that makes you say "holy ****, look how cool that is"

I am a big Sideshow Fan, but I prefer the 1:6 figures, so this SDCC is a bit of a disappointment. I like the look of the PF stuff, but my budget doesn't allow for me to get too many of these, let alone more expensive items. I know. the world's tiniest violin is playing for me.

I also like that 1:6 lines can offer more diversity and greater character selection than those higher end items. It does feel like SS is moving away from 1:6 scale though, even with popular lines like SW or LOTR:monkey2

same here, PF and comiquette are nice, but they are simply too expensive to begin with for my budget. And for SS 1/6, there are only 4 in the show. luke, padme, sam and frodo. luke and padme are easy pass for me due to different reasons, sam and frodo are cool, though.

so that's it? nothing else? the missing armor sw figures are a big let down. I was really hoping for a scout trooper or some imperial office at least. where are the villains? :confused:

minivader,
not only does it feel a little disappointing to only have four "Sideshow" figures to choose from (I know, Hot Toys and Medicom stuff gets imported, but I prefer to stick with Sideshow, as almost my whole collection is SS stuff), but after the big impact of Jabba in the 1:6 line, I was expecting another grand announcement. I was thinking some sort of armor figure for Star Wars, and while the Hobbits are great, I was hoping for some "larger-than-life" LOTR character in the vein of Jabba, be it horse or Cave Troll or some such. Oh well, I guess my budget is thankful, getting married early next year, but I would love to order more TOYS!:lol

minivader,
not only does it feel a little disappointing to only have four "Sideshow" figures to choose from (I know, Hot Toys and Medicom stuff gets imported, but I prefer to stick with Sideshow, as almost my whole collection is SS stuff), but after the big impact of Jabba in the 1:6 line, I was expecting another grand announcement. I was thinking some sort of armor figure for Star Wars, and while the Hobbits are great, I was hoping for some "larger-than-life" LOTR character in the vein of Jabba, be it horse or Cave Troll or some such. Oh well, I guess my budget is thankful, getting married early next year, but I would love to order more TOYS!:lol

congrats on getting married. :D remember to keep buying toys after your honeymoon, just make sure you clear it with you better half. I know I do :lol

AND TONS OF OTHER FIGURES FROM THEIR ASSOCIATES...:rolleyes:

I have to agree about this part.

I knew when it was revealed that "over 60" new products were to be announced at SDCC that at least half of them would be from their "partners".

Unfortunately, their "partners" seem to only make things like 12" figures, VCDs, and bobbleheads, which I have no interest in.

But SS is displaying some very nice stuff at SDCC.... just not enough IMO.

Where's Indy?
Where's Conan?
Where's ______________ ? :cool:

Yup, that's why Gentle Giant stepped up their game and moved in on the Mixed-Media game. Sideshow is still and always will be TOPS in my book! :rock

Back