SIDESHOW NOT STEALING THE SHOW LIKE LAST YEAR...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a big Sideshow Fan, but I prefer the 1:6 figures, so this SDCC is a bit of a disappointment. I like the look of the PF stuff, but my budget doesn't allow for me to get too many of these, let alone more expensive items. I know. the world's tiniest violin is playing for me.

I also like that 1:6 lines can offer more diversity and greater character selection than those higher end items. It does feel like SS is moving away from 1:6 scale though, even with popular lines like SW or LOTR:monkey2

I agree. I buy nothing from Sideshow except 1/6 figures--so of everything that's being offered, I'm not really drooling over anything particular. I think Sideshow is throwing up the white flag against Hot Toys and Medicom in the 1/6 market.

I'm a huge Sideshow supporter too, but so far the only thing I've been impressed with are the Hobbits and the Indy announcement.

I wonder how people would have reacted if the Speeder Bike PF had been held back until now. I think that would have been the big talk.

I just remember the build-up to Jabba last year. We were given hints and clues...and then the big reveal. It really wowed a lot of us. Nothing like that has happened this year. I like Bespin Luke and sort of like Padme, but they're nothing compared to that.

No Vader, no Emperor, no throne...oh, well. Maybe they'll still surprise us with something.

With no new PF's in SS's biggest lines, the 12" hobbits are by far their biggest surprise this year. I just think a 6" figure is a bit small to get people excited.

C0025253.jpg

I feel underwhelmed by SDCC this year as well. I think our collective imaginations might be partly to blame. I REALLY wanted to be knocked out of the park by something. I like Bespin Luke alot, but I was expecting something more... As Batty said Emperor's Throne or something. I dunno. Looks like Padme Illum may take the award for least desired SW fig ever. :lol

There's still a few more things to reveal.

We might have to wait until Sunday.

They won't wait until Sunday -- the show's over then. They're here to SHOW their stuff. If they have anything left, it will be revealed today or more likely tomorrow just before the big Saturday turnout.

And there's still the mystery 2-pack yet to be seen.

Guess you had to be there 2 feel that what SS had was really kick ass. It was as cool as any year I have been there. There was no Jabba but there where Hobbits which is as big depsite the size difference.

Guess you had to be there 2 feel that what SS had was really kick ass. It was as cool as any year I have been there. There was no Jabba but there where Hobbits which is as big depsite the size difference.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back