Sideshow not listening to the Haters !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol

Nope. Sorry, wrong answer.

But feel free to rant some more. :rolleyes:

Whos ranting?...
See your the type of person SS is talking about...I said my piece on the topic just as everyone else has and then you come instigating debate? With excessive emote's and belligerent comments. What are you 6?...

Chris

Whos ranting?...
See your the type of person SS is talking about...I said my piece on the topic just as everyone else has and then you come instigating debate? With excessive emote's and belligerent comments. What are you 6?...

Chris

As I said earlier in the thread...there is such a thing as being tactful & constructive with honest criticism when dealing with others.

Your post wasn't anything like I'm referring to. It was nothing but pent up anger.

That's all I have to say about it and to you.

Sideshow's response is actually refreshing considering their prolific stature, but at the same time comes off as being arrogant with a "we don't give damn what you naysayers have to post/say because we have customers who'll buy our stuff regardless of design/quality concerns" vibe.

I could make a snide comment about edition sizes over the years here, but I won't.

Hell, on this site when new stuff comes out lately, all I see is FAIL or PASS and I understand why, which is why I no longer buy SSC stuff and have stopped collecting in general.

WTF??!! lulz

Maybe if every site starts doing that, then maybe they will listen to their customers.

As I said earlier in the thread...there is such a thing as being tactful & constructive with honest criticism when dealing with others.

Your post wasn't anything like I'm referring to. It was nothing but pent up anger.

That's all I have to say about it and to you.

......and your last few posts were??? whatever you say pal...

Chris

"Brutal honesty" usually means "too lazy to form thought into a coherent bit of diplomatic critique".

1267414-batman-retarded-2.jpg

It's not the opinions themselves, but how they're expressed. I'm sure neither Jerry nor Randy appreciate the "PASS!" type comments.

To me I see PASS as "not for me" or "I don't like Alien 4 because it sucks" not that SSC's dio was bad (they picked the best scene from the film) but it's just not for me. Does that make more sense?

To me I see PASS as "not for me" or "I don't like Alien 4 because it sucks" not that SSC's dio was bad (they picked the best scene from the film) but it's just not for me. Does that make more sense?

Me too actually. :lecture

(except when its not and then its pretty obvious)

Taken out of context, the quote from the Ask Sideshow doesn't read quite right - it's understandable how some here and on StatueForum might take offense. If you haven't read the Q & A in full, please do! It's located here:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7088

I'm certain that the intent of this Q&A isn't to dictate how you express yourselves on the forums - I think instead it's meant to give you a good idea of how to shape your comments to reach the right eyes & ears, to win hearts and influence minds. Our staff does regularly read this forum and others, and will on occasion pull quotes and comments from the boards to share internally at Sideshow. If you want to talk with us more directly, you can always submit to the Ask Sideshow feature. If you're here for the community and entertainment value and don't care about whether your comments are shared, then this isn't directed at you - puke, eye roll, and go nuts!

We have great respect for Jerry of Pop Culture Shock and Randy Bowen for their products, their style and their interaction on the forums. Both men can speak directly to the company philosophy, as well as directly represent their artwork or art direction. Because of the large number of products and licenses at Sideshow, and the related incredible volume of posts on this forum (and elsewhere) across all of the various sections and product lines, the artists and creative leads at Sideshow simply aren't able to keep up with all of the conversations and interact as directly (through the forums). We feel that the most meaningful way to have these conversations is through the Ask Sideshow feature. When you contribute your questions, they are circulated to our key creative and administrative staff members and answered collaboratively. It's sort of a funnel - please pour your thoughts and questions into it!

Taken out of context, the quote from the Ask Sideshow doesn't read quite right - it's understandable how some here and on StatueForum might take offense. If you haven't read the Q & A in full, please do! It's located here:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7088

I'm certain that the intent of this Q&A isn't to dictate how you express yourselves on the forums - I think instead it's meant to give you a good idea of how to shape your comments to reach the right eyes & ears, to win hearts and influence minds. Our staff does regularly read this forum and others, and will on occasion pull quotes and comments from the boards to share internally at Sideshow. If you want to talk with us more directly, you can always submit to the Ask Sideshow feature. If you're here for the community and entertainment value and don't care about whether your comments are shared, then this isn't directed at you - puke, eye roll, and go nuts!

We have great respect for Jerry of Pop Culture Shock and Randy Bowen for their products, their style and their interaction on the forums. Both men can speak directly to the company philosophy, as well as directly represent their artwork or art direction. Because of the large number of products and licenses at Sideshow, and the related incredible volume of posts on this forum (and elsewhere) across all of the various sections and product lines, the artists and creative leads at Sideshow simply aren't able to keep up with all of the conversations and interact as directly (through the forums). We feel that the most meaningful way to have these conversations is through the Ask Sideshow feature. When you contribute your questions, they are circulated to our key creative and administrative staff members and answered collaboratively. It's sort of a funnel - please pour your thoughts and questions into it!

Awesome, that is cool to hear straight from the mouth of...Sideshow Brant. :rock

brant go back out to the main index and click on "Members currently using Flashchat: 24"

I'm sorry to ressurrect a thread from 2009(!), but obviously it's 2016(!) now and Sideshowstill hasn't cleaned up it's act when it comes to QC.... which is really aweful in my opinion.
I'm all for constructive critisism, but Sideshow has to understand that a person can get very, very angry when they pre-ordered a statue based on an amazing prototype, and then a year(!) later what they really get is looking worse than a bad Chinese knockoff, yeah then all bets are off. So, so many statues they sent out to their customers over the last few years are just plain aweful, you should think they should start making an effort again, like in the beginning when Sideshow put out awesome stuff. For me, and I think a lot of people with me, it has come so far as that I don't dare preorder anymore, because I know the "final product will vary (an insane amount) from the prototype". The last one I nearly fell for was PF Pinhead, as that prototype was so amazing. But now I jump with relief, seeing the shiny headed smurfs that have been sent out. If I had preodered it, that would have been 2 months' salary for me, how do you think it would have sat with me opening that box.... I think "constructive critisism" wouldn't have been the first thing on my mind, and nor do I think that amount of self control can be asked of anyone...
The point is, Sideshow needs to start showing prototypes that are way, WAY more representative of what they think they can actually sent out to their customers in the end. Not a prototype with a spectacular paintapp that has taken an artist 3 months to do, which they KNOW in advance they can't put out to customers... in my opinion that is nothing short of fraud. It's also disrepectful, and not taking their customers seriously.

Back