Sideshow not listening to the Haters !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PUKE SMILEY is definitely Statue Forum. :lol:lol

Although just thinking about the Sideshow Reps looking at that Smiley Puke makes me laugh.

I'm impressed that SS is showing their respect for taking the high road. I've become tired of reading thread that focus on negativity (that's the main reason I stopped going to Statue Forum).

Re: Sideshow not listening to the rs !!!

I think the public statement regarding SS being more open with the collecting base is the best thing to come from them in awhile. Most of us who have been to events (SDCC, etc) know just how down to earth and well "cool" the staff is; but I am thinking this will translate even more now.

Goes along with the stated but not strictly enforced guidelines here. Just posting "fail!" is just as bad as just posting "crap!". It does nothing to further the conversation and if you can't articulate what displeases you about a piece - it does look like you're dissing it for no good reason.

Last edited:
Goes along with the stated but not strictly enforced guidelines here. Just posting "fail!" is just as bad as just posting "crap!". It does nothing to further the conversation and if you can't articulate what displeases you about a piece - it does look like your dissing it for no good reason.

..........Fail !!!!

actually if they really wanted to show good faith, why not make some change or goodwill to threads that have constructive criticism. Seriously, if they did that, i believe it would prevent a lot of threads from getting derailed and becoming a slug fest. (*think IM 1:1 Bust*)

Constructive criticism is cool, but seems to have become less and less common in favor of more hyperbole sound bite attention-seeking inflammatory pass fail garbage. I really liked the photoshop tweaks people used to post - no real need of that with the amazing stuff Trev, Tim and others have been producing - but more often than not it's this negative "This is crap, I won't spend money on this and you're crazy if you want to" attitude that is generally overblown and melodramatic.

That said, I like the eye roll emoticon. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sideshow? are you reading this? Judge Dredd pf, Pinhead pf, Chainsaw 2 leatherface pf, Evil Ash pf, B.A. Baracus pf, Tar Zombie pf, Rambo pf, 1:1 Gremlin, 1:1 Critter, 1:1 Secure-Tronics Killbot.

DIO

Annex-PriceVincentAbominableDrPhibe.jpg

:)

So, that's all well and good, but what does one do when 'errors' are pointed out and then not fixed, or only half fixed, especially the silly, very obvious ones.

I have no doubt all have at least one in mind, but a recent classic was the Galadriel PF. Just about all said how bad the real hair was, so they ended up sculpting it, great, which would have required a fair bit of extra work, right at the end of development for it. But then what happens, the lips are left painted bright ruby red to the point that she almost looks like a street hooker. It wasn't even close to how she looks in the films. Yet how easy would that have been to fix in production, "No, don't use that bright red, use this colour."

The next test will soon be the new Mount Doom SDCC exclusive. The handle on sting is painted all black in the sample pics. Now of course every LOTR fan knows that the handle is not black, but will it be fixed in production?

So, that's all well and good, but what does one do when 'errors' are pointed out and then not fixed, or only half fixed, especially the silly, very obvious ones.

It then becomes a case of the good ol "don't like it don't buy it". If you are not happy with something, why buy it?

The next test will soon be the new Mount Doom SDCC exclusive. The handle on sting is painted all black in the sample pics. Now of course every LOTR fan knows that the handle is not black, but will it be fixed in production?

sorry to say this but it is too late for it to be change since comic con is just around the corner.

It then becomes a case of the good ol "don't like it don't buy it". If you are not happy with something, why buy it?

Which in the case of the Galadriel PF, I haven't and don't intended to.

sorry to say this but it is too late for it to be change since comic con is just around the corner.

Well, I did bring it up with them soon after preview pics, as well as posting on this very forum about it, as did others.

However, if it was already in production even before it was announced as an SDCC exclusive, then yes, too late and close enough may well be good enough.

Sham tho, that such a good dio, has such a simple and basic mistake.

Yeah. Sideshow avoids the ape freaks.

Yeah, that goes way back to when they released Brent. I may have been a little rough on them when I caught them changing their story on why the likeness was....off.
However, that does not excuse them from not answering folks like you who had legitimate concerns on the Zaius PF and voiced them in a polite and courteous manner.

Its a pity some people cannot post without being crude in their attempt to critique.

The other side of this is: The items with overwhelming rough and nasty feedback by a large amount of passionate forum members are the ones that usually get addressed in a decisive way by Sideshow because the complaints and bad publicity are just too loud to ignore.

If people complained louder about Galadriel PF or Namor Comiquette with the same passion (backed with the amount of cancellations) we may have gotten better products for those. In other words, acting civilized will only get you so far with Sideshow. That's just how it is. It's like, if you don't like the Bruce Lee PF then that's tough. Don't like it, don't buy it.

I am all for constructive criticism. I think it makes for better discussion than snappy one liners, but then again, this is an internet forum so it's the nature of the beast.

Back