Sideshow NOSFERATU statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im assuming B&W Friday will bring an SSE version of this.....

The Monster can only hope. :pray::D And yes guys I did order the colored Nosferatu Statue right away!:D AMAZING STATUE! :D :clap

The one I hope to see from this line MOST OF ALL IS.... (inserts Drumroll) A Boris Karloff in Son Of Frankenstein Statue Silver Screen Edition! :D :rock There's a shocker huh?:D:lol:rotfl
However, Only time will tell.

I totally understand the complaints of not being 100% on the face likeness. Still, it is a very nicely sculpted interpretation of the character imo. I really want this piece, but I'm holding out on the new Alien Queen dio. :D

I'm a big Nosferatu fan and I think the likeness is quite off on this statue. It is a good looking piece but I have the best nosferatu model kits out there like the bust by Jeff Yagher or the 1/6 scale kit by David Grasso. I think those are the best ones out there..

MG_Nosferatu02.jpg

P5120097.jpg

:nono Linking picks from SSC directly is a nono, newb. :nana:

I agree with the general consensus. Although I'm glad Sideshow's making a return to the classics, I'm not digging this. The PF is WAY better.

:nono Linking picks from SSC directly is a nono, newb. :nana:

I just pulled those pics from 2 other posts in this thread. :dunno

It looks like a Neca action figure...just more overpriced

300060_press03-001.jpg

You're right, there is no guarantee.....and no collectible company has ever guaranteed they will complete the products of any licence, or any line within a licence. What I can guarantee is that if classic horror fans don't support this line it'll be dead before it begins. :(

2010-10-31_184722.png

This is the worst thing that could've happened to the classic monster line. High price (for a non-PF monster) and a so-so sculpt... This may be the nail in the coffin. :monkey2

Not bad, but also not my cup of tea. Good for collectors that dig a more stylized approach. Hope it's also good for Sideshow's finances.

And the SSF tradition of condemning a piece based on a few early pics continues! :lol

That's the way it is. I don't care - people do as they please. But on the other hand, people are expected to decide if they spend cash based on exactly those few early pictures. It's only normal to form an opinion based on what the vendor shows, I think. All of this is becoming more important now that SSC requires a 'non refundable deposit' for the exclusive.

Last edited:
That's the way it is. I don't care - people do as they please. But on the other hand, people are expected to decide if they spend cash based on exactly those few early pictures. It's only normal to form an opinion based on what the vendor shows, I think. All of this is becoming more important now that SSC requires a 'non refundable deposit' for the exclusive.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

I'm intrigued but hesitant to order with the NRD on a brand new line. I have no idea what to expect from Sideshow with regards to other characters. Paying the NRD forces me to commit to a line that has yet to prove itself.

All of this is becoming more important now that SSC requires a 'non refundable deposit' for the exclusive.

Yes and no. I am no fan of non-refundable deposits on any level, but Sideshow has acknowledged that if the quality of a final piece is not satisfactory to us, we can get that deposit refunded.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether they follow through on that promise, and how difficult it will end up being to actually get a refund.

It will be a very interesting time over the next few months as these new NRD-required products get closer to shipping. Especially if Sideshow follows their traditional pattern of shipping numerous expensive items all at the same time.

I think the pose is really good, but there's a stylized approach as many said that makes it look more like a comiqette. The price is rather steep. plus the NRD and the PF was much better. Interesting sculpt but not sure where it's going. The monster PF's have been really excellent, not downsizing to a statue at this point.

On the Hobgoblin Comiquette thread someone posted that there was a cancelation fee on top of a the NRD. Is that the case on these?

NRD plus a Cancelation Fee....interesting. I don't think there is an exclusive worth that yet...if I order and let's say get slammed after the holidays so I have to cancel that will surely piss me off....should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think (hope) there will be a huge backlash from this, and the policy will be repealed early next year. If it isn't, I will probably be scaling back to one or two new pieces per year at most. Either that, or I'll just stop ordering exclusives (although that would be impossible to do with Gollum :mad:).

Attachments

• HT Indy Pants.jpg
    HT Indy Pants.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 12
  • HT Indy Pants 2.jpg
    HT Indy Pants 2.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Indy Belt.jpg
    Indy Belt.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Indy Belt 2.jpg
    Indy Belt 2.jpg