Sideshow No Longer Issuing Iron Spiderman Replacements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow out of Iron Spiderman Replacements

I put in a request a few days ago, so hopefully I will get one.

I thought I was one of the lucky ones, when I first got mine--was I wrong. I took it out in natural light to get a better look, and it's riddled with scratches and rubs.

Not to sound like a ****** but if you're sending it back over a paint flaw and every other hardcore collector is doing the same thing,it's no wonder why they're out of replacements. I know if you're paying that much for an item it should be mint and flawless,but a little paint flaw? If the thing came with a huge chip missing out of it I could understand.
Maybe you shouldn't be so picky and enjoy the one you got.
:chew

Not to sound like a ****** but if you're sending it back over a paint flaw and every other hardcore collector is doing the same thing,it's no wonder why they're out of replacements. I know if you're paying that much for an item it should be mint and flawless,but a little paint flaw? If the thing came with a huge chip missing out of it I could understand.

Either way Im going to have to. Can't replace it. Only return it or try to fix it myself

I just canceled my request for a replacement. the pinkie had some goup on it so it wasn't smooth looking, like there was some extra thick paint over laying the regular paint, and there is a scratch on the forearm where it's gold and you can see the red underneath. I'd rather not take away from a person who has something broken on theirs.

Spoke with someone on the phone. Told me that there are only a certain amount of replacements that covers all the statues, Exclusives, Regulars, and FlexPays. She said they're all gone :monkey2.
So good luck to those who have these on FlexPay

SS should start shipping statues with touch up paint.

SS should start shipping statues with touch up paint.

Well as far as the factory paint they won't tell you that. But they do recommend Tamiya brand paint. They told me the best thing to do was to color match in person for the gold area that I am having the problem with. Cool, but now I have another problem, try to find a store where I live that sells tamiya brand paints :google.

Huh....didn't even do the FlexPay math......I have a few pieces on FP.....I wonder if this trend will continue...

Not sounding like a ****** at all.
Some collectors are far too picky to the point of it being silly, imo anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I pay for an item I expect it to be near perfect but some people look too hard and if you look that hard i'm sure a simple flaw can be found on pretty much anything. Be it from SSC, Bowen, HT or even Moore nothing can live up to that kind of scrutiny.
Just my thoughts anyway
x :peace

Last edited:

Spoke with someone on the phone. Told me that there are only a certain amount of replacements that covers all the statues, Exclusives, Regulars, and FlexPays. She said they're all gone :monkey2.
So good luck to those who have these on FlexPay

That would be me :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 I'm 3 monkey sad

Then SS should quit putting quotes like hand painted and hand finished to exacting standards on the back of the box then.

Just saw your other thread...Thats really not bad and if you knew the exact paint number its a very easy touch up. Maybe Lowes can scan and identify it, and you can get an enamel(Im guessing this is what they used due to the finish; if its arcylic they must topcoat that like crazy) equivalent at a hobby store.

Well as far as the factory paint they won't tell you that. But they do recommend Tamiya brand paint. They told me the best thing to do was to color match in person for the gold area that I am having the problem with. Cool, but now I have another problem, try to find a store where I live that sells tamiya brand paints :google.

try online stores...they sell them. I think they have to ship it UPS tho.

Don't get me wrong, I pay for an item I expect it to be near perfect but some people look too hard and if you look that hard i'm sure a simple flaw can be found on pretty much anything. Be it from SSC, Bowen, HT or even Moore nothing can live up to that kind of scrutiny.
Just my thoughts anyway

I agree, I haven't sold anything on this board because all the pieces I've acquired are all-time life keepers for me or maybe passed down to my children and then when I'm gone they can do anything want with them but back to the point, if I was a seller that's an absolute nightmare to have every little etch and defect scrutinized... No statue is 100% flawless and you're bound to find something wrong with it if u keep looking!

try online stores...they sell them. I think they have to ship it UPS tho.

I might be mistaken but if they are recommending Tamiya. The only paint that would match is "Gold Leaf". Im not 100%, but that should make it alot easier for you. And you can find the paint in any online store that sells Gundam. If you still have a hard time PM me and I can get it locally and mail it to help ya.

Just my thoughts anyway
YOU ARE 100% RIGHT.....:cool:

I totally agree with you.

I think collectors need to accept that there is NO such PERFECT statues that come from China where they make $100 a month (not sure what's the average wage these days over there) with manual labor in painting these statues.

I"m sure if we put those called "perfect" ones under the proper lighting with several eyes at it, then we'll find some minor issues or flaw.

I do feel sorry for the ones who might be receiving a broken arm or legs vs. the one with a small scratch that returned it already. They won't be able to get a replacement now... Mine came with some rough paint job in certain areas, but I just learned to accept that there is no such perfect statues out there.

Can you imagine if all 750 of the exclusive were returned due to small scratches in them? I don't blame Sideshow for carrying small replacement or else they'll lose all their money to the shipping and replacement expenses. You just can't operate your business and survive like that...so that's why you carry enough replacement to survive in business. The good thing is that Sideshow allows a full refund where the buyer loses nothing, but Sideshow loses money in shipping and the statue costs.

Anyhow, we should hope that the remaining ones get their statue in one piece. If not, then just return it and get your full refund back.

Just my thoughts anyway

Last edited:

well now that they don't have an replacements, i'm going to go home and triple check mine to see if there is any damage at all.

i'd much rather have a mint one than a partial refund :(

actually, i don't think i'm going to look at it, it's good in my mind and there's no sence in having some tiny chip wreck it for me.

(you know i'm going to look now):mad:

Last edited:

I just got off the phone with Sideshow's Return Department, and I wanted to clear up ANY misconceptions that may be "floating around."

Sideshow is NO LONGER ISSUING REPLACEMENTS for the Exclusive versions, meaning that if you haven't received a RMA number and/or a Pre-Paid Return Postage form, there are no replacements left to cover your claim. This does not mean that there are no replacements for those customer's claims that already got approved. I don't know if this applies to those with the regular version because I only bought the Exclusive Version. (So I don't want assume anything at this point, in efforts to reduce any "he said, she said.")

For those of you who DID receive a RMA number, THERE IS A REPLACEMENT SET ASIDE FOR YOU. Even if you've received the label, but haven't had the time to send it back yet, YOU STILL HAVE A REPLACEMENT SET ASIDE FOR YOU. There should be no cases of "oh, by the time Sideshow received my return, they were out of replacements."

The way it works is Sideshow has "x" amount of replacements. As a customer claim for an exchange/replacement is approved, they set a one aside for you. So now, there would be only "x-1" replacements left. Once Sideshow has approved "x" amount of replacement approvals to match the "x" amount of replacements sitting in their warehouse, the replacement process is no longer available for that line/version of statue/piece. Thus there should be no incidents where someone sent back their damaged original to receive a replacement, yet no replacements were left. This will not be the case because a replacement is waiting for you, reserved with your name/account # on it.

Back