Sideshow No Longer Issuing Iron Spiderman Replacements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmtz2005

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wanna let you guys know this, got this email awhile ago...

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Returns Department and provide photos of your item. I’m sorry to see that your Iron Spiderman Statue arrived flawed. Unfortunately, our limited replacement inventory has been exhausted for this item. Please know that the Returns Department strives to replace damaged items whenever possible and we regret that we are unable to do so in this case.

We would like to extend to you the offer of a $45.00 partial reimbursement to compensate for the flaws to your statue. This discount will be applied towards your next pending order. Alternatively, if you wish to receive a full refund for the amount please let me know and I will provide instructions for our refund procedure.

As always, please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I barely got this in friday. How the ^^^^ can they be out??
I am so pissed off right now. Ive never had any issues with my statues other than the SIM, and now this. This was going to be my favorite statue by far, even better than the SIM, and now I am disgusted. I feel really let down by Sideshow right now. For the limited edition and the time you sacrifice to be online to get an exclusive only to be told "sorry you can return it or take $45, or keep it" this is a huge dissapointment. I could see if I lived in New York or any other big city where its easy to find someone who can do repairs to statues it wouldnt be any biggie. But I don't live in a city like that. The closest collector shop for me is about 90+ miles away. And I doubt they know how to repair high end statues.

Whew...I just had to vent people. Maybe Im over reacting but for the price of high end statues there is an expectation of good quality contol. Now what do I do?.....

Last edited:
Re: Sideshow out of Iron Spiderman Replacements

There goes the price for a minty one!!! ^^^

lol amazing. sideshow you really know how to take care of your customers lately. :lol

They shouldn't have run out of replacements yet. Maybe it has to do with their split shipment or something. i really hope that mine is mint. Getting nervous now.

seems like sideshow is letting a lot of people down lately. IM and now this. what the hell is going on with SS!!!

It's the Iron Man curse!!! :horror

pmtz2005 when did you first send out your email to the returns dept?

Wanna let you guys know this, got this email awhile ago...

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Returns Department and provide photos of your item. I’m sorry to see that your Iron Spiderman Statue arrived flawed. Unfortunately, our limited replacement inventory has been exhausted for this item. Please know that the Returns Department strives to replace damaged items whenever possible and we regret that we are unable to do so in this case.

We would like to extend to you the offer of a $45.00 partial reimbursement to compensate for the flaws to your statue. This discount will be applied towards your next pending order. Alternatively, if you wish to receive a full refund for the amount please let me know and I will provide instructions for our refund procedure.

As always, please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I barely got this in friday. How the ^^^^ can they be out??
I am so pissed off right now. Ive never had any issues with my statues other than the SIM, and now this. This was going to be my favorite statue by far, even better than the SIM, and now I am disgusted. I feel really let down by Sideshow right now. For the limited edition and the time you sacrifice to be online to get an exclusive only to be told "sorry you can return it or take $45, or keep it" this is a huge dissapointment. I could see if I lived in New York or any other big city where its easy to find someone who can do repairs to statues it wouldnt be any biggie. But I don't live in a city like that. The closest collector shop for me is about 90+ miles away. And I doubt they know how to repair high end statues.

Whew...I just had to vent people. Maybe Im over reacting but for the price of high end statues there is an expectation of good quality contol. Now what do I do?.....

Sorry to hear that.

It's good to vent and I don't think you're overreacting. This is a high end collectible that you paid your hard earned money for. You should be getting the highest quality product available.

man that sucks...i really feel for you. has this always been the way SS handled this type of problem??? the only time something arrived broken from SS was due to problems during shipping.

pmtz2005 when did you first send out your email to the returns dept?

Make it hollywood yet :lol...

I recieved my statue Thursday around 10 a.m. I think, and left to work at 2 that day to work a 17hr shift. I opened it Friday after I slept all day. So when I discovered the damage it was after 5p.m. I called them yesterday morning and was told to wait for an email telling me what to do. Even on the phone she told she wasnt sure if there were any replacements, so I was already worried. Got the their email yesterday and sent my email with pics today. Im not sure if I did this as fast as I could tryn to handle it between my rest during the day and working at night, but I tried.

Whats the deal with your statue and situation, did you already call them?

Last edited:

Make it hollywood yet :lol...

I recieved my statue Thursday around 10 a.m. I think, and left to work at 2 that day to work a 17hr shift. I opened it Friday after I slept all day. So when I discovered the damage it was after 5p.m. I called them yesterday morning and was told to wait for an email telling me what to do. Even on the phone she told she wasnt sure if there were any replacements, so I was already worried. Got the their email yesterday and sent my email with pics today. Im not sure if I did this as fast as I could tryn to handle it between my rest during the day and working at night, but I tried.

Whats the deal with your statue and situation, did you already call them?

Well I sent them an email yesterday and got an email this morning saying to send them pics; but, they never mentioned anything about not having any extras. My damage is not extremely bad so I just might take the $45 off and let the person who has more damage take the one they were planning on giving me.

Well I sent them an email yesterday and got an email this morning saying to send them pics; but, they never mentioned anything about not having any extras. My damage is not extremely bad so I just might take the $45 off and let the person who has more damage take the one they were planning on giving me.

Please keep me posted if you dont mind and let me know what they tell you? It would be piece of mind....

whyyyy sideshow why! :banghead. Hope all works out well for you. So does that mean this statue will never go on second chance? Because if it does, it will be messed up! Paying customers need their replacements!

whyyyy sideshow why! :banghead. Hope all works out well for you. So does that mean this statue will never go on second chance? Because if it does, it will be messed up! Paying customers need their replacements!

Thats a good question man I have no idea how all that is handled....

wow, i'm really shocked that they don't have any replacement, especially since the reg and ex. versions have the same spidey, just a different base is all.

also there hasn't been alot of reported problems with this one so far, so i find it odd that they don't have replacements:confused::confused:

wow, i'm really shocked that they don't have any replacement, especially since the reg and ex. versions have the same spidey, just a different base is all.

also there hasn't been alot of reported problems with this one so far, so i find it odd that they don't have replacements:confused::confused:

That is what Im saying:confused: Who knows man. Im thinking they are making decisions based off of the picture we are asked to send them. Maybe a bit of favoritism I don't know. They could be saying "well person A's statue is more damaged then person B's, lets give person A a replacement and offer person B a partial refund or return". Its very possible. Im thinking thats whats happening or I could be wrong. Either way something needs to be done....

So according to a member over at Statue Forum who talked with a customer service rep. at Sideshow today, if you have received a RMA number, YOU WILL GET A REPLACEMENT.

HOWEVER, this was information from a post made by another member. I will call tomorrow and do my best to confirm this.

Tougher times = less produced, replacements specifically

:sick

Tougher times = less produced, replacements specifically

:sick

But out of replacements in a week?

I mean anything is possible, but that seems a little hard to believe even with all of the amazing stories from the 1:1 IM Bust.

Back