Sideshow No Longer Issuing Iron Spiderman Replacements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow out of Iron Spiderman Replacements

But out of replacements in a week?

I mean anything is possible, but that seems a little hard to believe even with all of the amazing stories from the 1:1 IM Bust.

I don't know how else to explain it? :dunno :huh :dunno

Yeah man let me know what you find out cause I'm having a hard time believing it myself. Dude I'm still bitter and I'm here at work

I don't blame you, even this one is starting to "urk" me. Something is just not adding up. Like I said, it may be true, but something is right here.

My feelings are if I'm paying "x" amount of dollars for a piece, I want it to be mint. If I can't find a mint one, then I honestly don't want one. I know that sounds bad, but worst case scenario, I get a full refund. I can always find another mint one later, but I have a feeling this will all work out for the better and this will get resolved somehow.

I don't blame you, even this one is starting to "urk" me. Something is just not adding up. Like I said, it may be true, but something is right here.

My feelings are if I'm paying "x" amount of dollars for a piece, I want it to be mint. If I can't find a mint one, then I honestly don't want one. I know that sounds bad, but worst case scenario, I get a full refund. I can always find another mint one later, but I have a feeling this will all work out for the better and this will get resolved somehow.

Dude I so hope bro. This by far was my favorite statue out of my collection. I was looking forward to displaying this bad boy. But to know there is a pretty noticeable flaw takes away from this piece. And I don't want to pay more than retail somewhere else just to have a mint statue of what I already had.....

What flaws did you have with it? Just paint, or did it break?

Sorry to hear about that buddy, I also find it hard to believe that they would already be out of replacements I can't think of any other statue that ran out like that. I got my Thor PF in about a month after they shipped and they had a replacement right away and I'm pretty sure that had a lower ES.

Sorry to hear about that buddy, I also find it hard to believe that they would already be out of replacements I can't think of any other statue that ran out like that. I got my Thor PF in about a month after they shipped and they had a replacement right away and I'm pretty sure that had a lower ES.

Yeah dude I'm in the dark too.I don't understand it. Plus I'm still bitter man.

that sucks. they probably took such a bath with the 1:1 iron man bust returns circus/debacle that they decided to clamp down and stick it to the customers instead of improving inhouse qc.

It was a paint flaw....
I heard somewhere that sideshow will tell you the exact color number and brand of paint used if you asked. If you know anyone thats into model kits the touch up is really not hard to do as long as your using the exact same paint. Just sand, prime, and respray, almost like a car.

If you lived in Vegas Id try to help you myself...I fixed my Emma Frost Comiquette when the cape strap was cracked didnt really bother calling sideshow just puttied the crack, and repainted the entire strap pearl white. Looks fine now.

Hope that helps...then again I dont know how big of a flaw were talking about :(

Man, you guys are starting to scare me now. I had to flex-pay mine so it will be some time before I can find out if I get lucky and get one with no flaws, but for the money this bad boy cost it should be mint, and if not it looks like I am screwed. :(

Do you have pictures of the flaw that you could post?

Nevermind, I found your other thread.

Last edited:

I heard somewhere that sideshow will tell you the exact color number and brand of paint used if you asked. If you know anyone thats into model kits the touch up is really not hard to do as long as your using the exact same paint. Just sand, prime, and respray, almost like a car.

If you lived in Vegas Id try to help you myself...I fixed my Emma Frost Comiquette when the cape strap was cracked didnt really bother calling sideshow just puttied the crack, and repainted the entire strap pearl white. Looks fine now.

Hope that helps...then again I dont know how big of a flaw were talking about :(

They won't tell you what specific color I have asked on numerous occasions.

Do you have pictures of the flaw that you could post?

Nevermind, I found your other thread.

Who knows I mean in all reality it may not be that bad of a flaw and pretty sure can it be fixed. I can live with a hairline scratch or even a little chip. But for a statue thats only been out a week or so I was expecting to be able exchange it....

so true....they might have ordered 20 replacement to be made only and all 20 of them used up within a week.

I'm sure Sideshow has lost a lot of money in shipping costs with the 1:1 IM bust; and they realized this hobby of limited edition can't be replacing every minor flaws reported.

Just pray that you'll get a spidey in one piece with no broken parts.

Tougher times = less produced, replacements specifically

:sick

boy_an10.jpg

So the $45 partial refund is really just a discount on your next purchase?????

That's shocking...

I still can't believe they are out of replacements already. This piece is still new, most don't even have it yet.
I can understand that they make less replacements and stuff, economy and all that but it still seems a little odd. To me at least.
x :peace

Wow....I'm glad mine came nice and neat without a scratch. Going by the other Iron Man releases I was expecting something but I should thank my lucky stars my Iron Man 1:1 and my Iron Spider-Man are mint. Like AS said though one has to wonder why they would create such a short supply of replacements given the history of Iron Man themed products and the reports of scuffing....although my Iron Spidey was wrapped up really tight so maybe they thought they fixed it?

Back