1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will look great. Knowing sideshow, I'm predicting a wallet gouging $285. But it's EU so they can take certain liberties with the likeness and style. I'll be fine with either a Guinness or McGregor sculpt. The one pictured looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great, going to save me a lot of time and effort on the custom I was making. I was lucky enough to get the Ewan/Alec sculpt to swap on this.

I'm happy it has the Guinness portrait. EM did nothing for me, and I certainly don't want anything in my collection to remind me of that steamy pile of bantha poodoo called PT.

In the sideshow live video from the reveal, they claim that the sculpt is a mix of both Alec and Ewan.

This is Sideshow. $289.99

I think that's on the low end. Then it will sit for a year or more at PO status, get some nice update on the blog before it is quietly released in a low number before appearing sold out on the site and never appearing in stock.

Snow speeder Luke anyone?

Some pics from the Con......

image1.JPG image4.JPG

When I saw the pic on SSC's homepage, I was a bit excited because I thought I might get another chance at the statue.

Now, that I see it's 1/6, I am so in.

I was gathering parts for a custom because I loved the concept, but now this works so much better.

In their reveal video, it is stated they were going for a mix of both actors. There's more of Sir Alec Guinness in there if you ask me but they made some comment that the nose was very much Ewan McGregor.

In their reveal video, it is stated they were going for a mix of both actors. There's more of Sir Alec Guinness in there if you ask me but they made some comment that the nose was very much Ewan McGregor.

Yeah, this is supposed to be between III and IV so its kind of a grown up Ewan and younger Alec mix.

Here is the story to go with this. Sorry for the not so great pictures.

9dc78901dbf585c12f5ea291f9d80d15.jpg
be0c96dc3b41325730254a80ac3af9d9.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am interested in this line if the asking price isn't outrageous like snowspeeder luke.

I'm sure it will be. This has a bunch of accessories, something which Luke was sorely lacking. Plus, this is a highly praised design, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't charge as much as they can.

This is something I would buy. I hope SSC does more 1/6 figures like this. This is a great opportunity for SSC to redefine themselves in the Star Wars collectors market, if they do it right. Just learn from some of the mistakes they have made in the DC 1/6th line and do not repeat them.

I'm sure it will be. This has a bunch of accessories, something which Luke was sorely lacking. Plus, this is a highly praised design, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't charge as much as they can.

You're probably right. It's just sideshow seems to have a fetish with steeply overcharging for luke in an orange suit. If they execute this line properly I think there is opportunity to win back some of their old fans.

Just needs more weathering which isn't sideshow's strong suit. He looks too clean for my tastes. And maybe more realistic looking eyes, it's hard to tell for certain from the pics. Overall it does look nice.

Back