Sideshow Masters of the Universe - He-Man Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided I'm in for this. Pre-order done.
With little room to spare, 1/4 scale (which I prefer) probably would have meant I wouldn't have ordered ...this smaller scale may come in handy.
Just looks so good and I like the switch out options.

Will look even better paired with Skeletor.

We have a great interview with the designer of these statues Stjepan Sejic on the lastest episode of The Hottoycast. Available now on iTunes, stitcher and usual outlets.

Hot-Toycast-logo-MOTU.jpg

Great podcast, thanks!

Anyone got a code for discount for He-Man? None I ever find seem to be any good on him?

I don't think most Sideshow coupon codes are good on new product. You usually have to wait a few months before you can use the codes on them. At least that's what it seems like.

I like the faces and pose on these better than the pcs versions minus the pcs awesome battle cat which is most epic looking. This he man looks really good.

I like the faces and pose on these better than the pcs versions minus the pcs awesome battle cat which is most epic looking. This he man looks really good.

That's not a fair comparison. The Fimation statues are just that, based on Filmation. They didn't do dynamic poses on that show and if we did go dynamic, it would not be true to the source martial. :)

I really, really, really dislike these Sideshow MOTU statues. I'm all for reinterpretation but it feels so generic and off. It doesnt have that certain charm that I usually feel from He-Man. I'm all in for the new Tweeterhead busts, and Mondo 1/6 figures and most of the collectibles coming out but I wont ever be buying this line.

I'm completely the reverse. I grew up on MOTU but never cared for the PCS versions. This is basically 1/4 anyway and I love the realistic look. I would never have gotten the cartoon lines. These 2 look amazing. Just hope they continue the line or will not be happy...

My biggest hesitation with ordering. I really want more from this, but feel with SS's pace of 2 years out, it will never happen.

If it turns out near like proto, this is an amazing statue.

During the 90's in the Philippines, they made a movie titled "She-Man."

I really, really, really dislike these Sideshow MOTU statues. I'm all for reinterpretation but it feels so generic and off. It doesnt have that certain charm that I usually feel from He-Man. I'm all in for the new Tweeterhead busts, and Mondo 1/6 figures and most of the collectibles coming out but I wont ever be buying this line.

If you type the exact opposite of everything you said, then you have my opinion. :hi5:

I dont know how anyone can say this is He-Man? This isnt He-Man, realistic or otherwise. It just isnt. The essence is lost within these pieces for sure.

That's why a set of these is more important than just He-man. Surround him by Skeletor, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Webstor, Stinkor, Triclopse, Merman and then you have the He-man!

Too bad that won't happen and we'll only get Skeletor too. Unfortunately I'll lose interest & space to properly display these by the time Evillyn comes out (IF she does) :lol

I dont know how anyone can say this is He-Man? This isnt He-Man, realistic or otherwise. It just isnt. The essence is lost within these pieces for sure.

I am pretty sure many said the same about Dolph Lundgren's He-Man and then some did not. If this was the only He-Man statue out there, I would have the same issue as you. It's too generic does not feel "Eternian" and is more norse in influence and there is little to separate He-Man from Thor.
But we do have two other versions (three if you count the NECA 200x one) of He-Man in statue form as Filiation which some love or hate or the toy version which most will love.
Given that, I am delighted with this SS statue and it's a good way to explore ideas.

Essentially many people have many ways they invisage He-Man, some hate the cartoons and only love the Alcala mini comic stuff. I love it all. :)

Love this statue but was never a He-Man fan, so I don't need any collectibles from the franchise. Thought it looked great at SDCC though from the pics. Almost tempted me, had they come in a little bit cheaper I might have jumped on. I was actually thinking of ordering it back in July when it was previewed despite not liking the character. I think fans of the franchise will be in for a real treat!

Back