Sideshow Masters of the Universe - He-Man Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with your statement. Scale means the figure itself is xyz scale of a human, base not included. To be 100% you would have to measure He-Mans bottom of boots to top of his head in a straight pose then devide by He-Mans estimated real life height. 12 inch is 30 cm which is 1/6 of an average human of 1,8 meters approx 72 inch(12 x 6). In the pics He-man appears to be approx 12 inches to me so that is why I agree with you. Obviously there are no laws here so companies can do whatever they want. Just my two cents. By the way I am a fan of this statue. Its beautiful no matter what scale it is.
See my above comparison. He_man looks to be 14-14.5 inches from heel to top of head. I used photoshops rulers and snap grid lines to make sure its proportionate. The koto superman is 12" and i placed him at the start of He-mans figure to show how much larger He-man is. The csnvas size is 26"x26" in 72pxl resolution.

Don't usually do so as I get screwed for import tax but pre-ordered from Sideshow. He works out at almost 520 Euro from CD:UK :horror

I would like to see if sideshow going to do more things like this to save money and still asking $400.00+

Yes indeed significantly shorter with comparing just the height of he figures. I have that 1/5 scale Horizon T2 and there you have it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 204
If He-Man is indeed 14" tall in the comparison pic, that would suggest the base and sword are a combined 9" high. I don't think they are, just my two cents.

Punisher Comiquette is 1/5 and he is 21 inches tall from base to gun tip. His actual height is 17 inches.
Darth Maul Mythos is 15 inches tall from foot to head.

Punisher is listed as 6'1", thats 73" , divided by 5(1/5th scale) thats 14.6 inches tall. Therefore the Punisher Com, which stands at 16.5 inches is over sized.
Punisher Comiquette is 1/5 and he is 21 inches tall from base to gun tip. His actual height is 17 inches.
Darth Maul Mythos is 15 inches tall from foot to head.

If He-Man is indeed 14" tall in the comparison pic, that would suggest the base and sword are a combined 9" high. I don't think they are, just my two cents.
I can tell you this. The base Punisher is on is 1.75 inches thick and the shotgun he's holding is 9.5 inches long. Compare those two things to the He-man statue in the comparison picture. The Base is at least 2 inches thick if not more and the sword is probably 6 inches long roughly. There is about 8" aprox.

I'm getting it 1/4 or 1/5 scale ....doesn't matter a great looking piece is a great looking piece!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

We have a great interview with the designer of these statues Stjepan Sejic on the lastest episode of The Hottoycast. Available now on iTunes, stitcher and usual outlets.

Hot-Toycast-logo-MOTU.jpg

Back