Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the MOTU cartoons are pretty bad. I bought the whole set but only could stand to watch a few episodes. Some things from childhood are better left in the past. They just don't hold up.

Well sure. I watch She-Ra with my oldest daughter. It is also terrible, but I enjoy watching it with her.

Same here... although I do also enjoy them as nostalgia, not as quality. I can totally watch He-Man or the Thundercats and just enjoy them for what they are.

And I'm not generally bothered by reimaginings, but with He-Man there really is only one version that matters and when you stray to far it looses the essence.

Yeah the MOTU cartoons are pretty bad. I bought the whole set but only could stand to watch a few episodes. Some things from childhood are better left in the past. They just don't hold up.

Yeah, that's why it always irks me to see people say, "Michael Bay is destroying my childhood!" I mean, you don't have to be a fan of Bay, that's fine; but don't act as though he's destroying a masterpiece! :lol Nostalgia is great...we all grew up on these cartoons and loved them while doing so! Acting like the He-Man we grew up on is better than anything Hollywood could come up with right now is just fooling yourself.

I was thinking about it earlier, and while I doubt I'll get into this line (there's just FAR too much coming out and not enough money to keep up!) I like this take more than the PCS version. Of course, that's my personal opinion, but I think doing a more realistic spin on the characters is a neat chance to take...and I actually think 1/5th is a perfect size for them.

I don't think this will bomb whatsoever. As mentioned earlier, the base looks like it'll be fantastic! It'll be great to see this at SDCC and get a better perspective on it, even though I know I have to pass on the line and that'll probably only tempt me more! Give me a well done, badass, fantasy take on Teela, She-Ra or Sorceress and I may have to reconsider! :lol

Same here... although I do also enjoy them as nostalgia, not as quality. I can totally watch He-Man or the Thundercats and just enjoy them for what they are.

And I'm not generally bothered by reimaginings, but with He-Man there really is only one version that matters and when you stray to far it looses the essence.

You're right about that! :wink1:

16CELEB-DLUND01.jpg

Statue looks awesome so far - can't wait

Got burned with the PCS on the only statue I liked from them, so I decided to stay away from that company

Very happy that Sideshow is finally doing MOTU

The 2002 MOTU Cartoon and the New Thundercats were great - if you haven't seen them, you need to

PCS was dead on for the cartoon but even the classic imagery doesn't exactly hold up. As an adult, I do like current pieces to have more edge and realism. 1/5 scale definitely appreciated, just on the ability to display alone. As someone mentioned, the mythos pieces for Star Wars even outperforms many PF pieces, and they actually fit in my cabinet! I agree, I love options and this one works for me. Also agree on new takes for many classic series. 200x He-man wasn't a hit out of the park but it is infinitely more watchable than the 80's classics. Modern Thundercats was awesome and for TMNT, the more recent version that was on regular network TV was my fave. Watch Turtles Forever for one of the best animated movies of the "childhood" properties.

Such an ugly portrait. Same as the new SS Thor. Such an extremely niche He-Man design that unless youre a hardcore He-Man fan, most casual motu fans such as myself won't be picking this up. I can see the niche collectors that aren't your typical He-Man fans, selling it off in the long run from their collections first, over any of their other pieces. Ill stick with PCS.

I like the face sculpt. I want a warrior not some androgynous boy toy. I think this collection will be like Mythos was to Star Wars. A little of SSC's own creativity injected into MOTU.

Such an ugly portrait. Same as the new SS Thor. Such an extremely niche He-Man design that unless youre a hardcore He-Man fan, most casual motu fans such as myself won't be picking this up. I can see the niche collectors that aren't your typical He-Man fans, selling it off in the long run from their collections first, over any of their other pieces. Ill stick with PCS.

I agree that Thor is awful (and not just the portrait) but this is no way the same thing. This looks like a tough barbarian type warrior and fits in with the costume interpretation. This is a no questions pre-order. Bring on the $550 price tag!! :slap

Back