Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't think of it as Sideshow stepping on PCS' toes; that would imply that this statue is more desirable than their upcoming mixed media releases. Given the reception so far, I think PCS will be just fine.

Can't wait to see this on the gift card list. :lol

Sideshow Stylized Collectibles

They would be better off creating their own Sword and Sorcery Fantasy line, they could go crazy with cool design and you wouldn't have a fan base automatically hate it.

Sideshow Stylized Collectibles

They would be better off creating their own Sword and Sorcery Fantasy line, they could go crazy with cool design and you wouldn't have a fan base automatically hate it.

After their court of the dead success, I wouldn't put it past them to try something like that! Though I think they'd just continue it with characters from the Court of the Dead world...it's more horror based now, but definitely has aspects of fantasy in it. I'd actually like to see some more of that!

As for the fan base automatically hating it, I think it's all a matter of perspective. Some will like it, others won't. I LOVED He-Man growing up in the '80s! Loved it! I watched some of the old cartoons a couple of years ago and they're TERRIBLE! They don't hold up on any level at all. People say that remakes of movies are destroying their childhood...maybe they should go back and revisit some episodes and they'd realize that the actual show does a good enough job doing that itself! :lol Same with the old Ninja Turtles cartoon, just brutal. The Nickelodeon one that's on right now is 100x better! Just fantastic. I'll always have nostalgia, but those '80s versions are best left in the past for me, personally!

On the ES front, edition sizes don't just land at 10,000 per statue like it seems people automatically think...Machiko has an EX that's 400, and her Reg. version is 1000. That's a pretty small edition size. I don't see He-Man going much higher than that, and that's in and around where a lot of there statues hit as well.

I am totally going to buy this. This version of He-man does really exist, and it is more of the reality looks that kicks! ...I can put this next to my classic PCS statue.

This doesn't really appeal to me as it stands. Though I want to see more of it before making final judgement. But, if I am going to plonk down hundreds of dollars for a He-man statue, I'd want one that was really iconic. I get the thinking behind doing one that's maybe geared more towards a general fantasy/casual He-man fan market, I guess. Basically using the He-man name and concept and doing your own thing. Judging what we can see of the piece purely on design, there's a lot I like. It just wouldn't be something I'd be inclined toward.

After their court of the dead success, I wouldn't put it past them to try something like that! Though I think they'd just continue it with characters from the Court of the Dead world...it's more horror based now, but definitely has aspects of fantasy in it. I'd actually like to see some more of that!

As for the fan base automatically hating it, I think it's all a matter of perspective. Some will like it, others won't. I LOVED He-Man growing up in the '80s! Loved it! I watched some of the old cartoons a couple of years ago and they're TERRIBLE! They don't hold up on any level at all. People say that remakes of movies are destroying their childhood...maybe they should go back and revisit some episodes and they'd realize that the actual show does a good enough job doing that itself! :lol Same with the old Ninja Turtles cartoon, just brutal. The Nickelodeon one that's on right now is 100x better! Just fantastic. I'll always have nostalgia, but those '80s versions are best left in the past for me, personally!

On the ES front, edition sizes don't just land at 10,000 per statue like it seems people automatically think...Machiko has an EX that's 400, and her Reg. version is 1000. That's a pretty small edition size. I don't see He-Man going much higher than that, and that's in and around where a lot of there statues hit as well.

You know what else is terrible?...Thundercats

i-see-a-pee-pee-measuring-contest-in-our-future.jpg

Back