Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WetEmM9.gif

It's best you don't.

As a MOTU fan I'll keep on eye on this but PCS is getting all my statue money for this property right now. That He-man and Battle Cat are just amazing and I don't see how Sideshow could top them:

MOTU-He-Man-and-Battle-Cat-Statue-Set-Preview.jpg

Yep, the PCS is much more iconic looking.

I'd imagine the proto for Sideshow will be very well done and probably better overall quality than the PCS, but the re-imagining will just kill it. In a FB image they showed his side and he has a huge skull shaped piece of shoulder armor and a ton of extra details, just not right.

From this angle I'd not think it was supposed to be He-Man.

heman_zpsp2drtmem.jpg

I haven't been reading the new Eternity War comics from DC. Is this inspired by that design?

Yep, the PCS is much more iconic looking.

I'd imagine the proto for Sideshow will be very well done and probably better overall quality than the PCS, but the re-imagining will just kill it. In a FB image they showed his side and he has a huge skull shaped piece of shoulder armor and a ton of extra details, just not right.

From this angle I'd not think it was supposed to be He-Man.

heman_zpsp2drtmem.jpg

That is truly terrible, I don't know why sideshow must always feel the need to add their own 'twist' to iconic characters:huh. My interest for this line is now gone.

For some reason Sideshow seems to truly believe that collectors want to purchase nostalgia based statues...but without the nostalgia. :cuckoo:

But whatever. I don't get mad at this silly stuff anymore. On to the next collectible. :lol

Just because SS is doing a realistic version doesnt mean they won't visit the icon version at some point.

I think it's too early in the game to be doing "interpretations of MOTU". There's no movie or massive entertainment. I believe and judging from the comments here that folks will want a familiar He-Man like PCS. As cool as they may look, folks will want the familiar a this stage. My opinion anyways.

I doubt Sideshow will announce anything of interest for me this year. When they do, by the time it's released, it's a combination of the final piece and the wait has killed any interest I did have.

If PCS already has a license and is only doing the original animated look it would be pointless for SS to do the same. It makes sense to take some artistic liberties (which I would assume are approved) as that is what they've done with a lot of their PFs.

It doesn't look horrible.
I grew up with HE-Man but I've not real interest in this line, it'll be interesting to see what SS does with other characters and their price point.

Looks like it's based more off the DC comic interpretation than the '80s cartoon character.

1345187.jpg

GalleryComics_1900x900_20140528_HEMMU_Cv13_534c3c4fe2ca77.84976798.jpg

He-Man_and_the_Masters_of_the_Universe_Vol_2_8_Textless.jpg

I think the armor on it is going to look pretty cool once there's a full reveal. Can't believe people are getting so bent out of shape over a piece of shoulder armor. If you want a more classic looking He-Man from the cartoon then just order through PCS.

Get ready for another "Evil-centric" and incomplete line ala G.I. Joe.

I think it's too early in the game to be doing "interpretations of MOTU". There's no movie or massive entertainment. I believe and judging from the comments here that folks will want a familiar He-Man like PCS. As cool as they may look, folks will want the familiar a this stage. My opinion anyways.

Yeah, I really like the PCS and would prob get it over this but you should know SS follows no one. They usually try to take new avenues. This is not my cup of tea but it would be silly to basically copy what PCS is doing presently.

I think the armor on it is going to look pretty cool once there's a full reveal. Can't believe people are getting so bent out of shape over a piece of shoulder armor. If you want a more classic looking He-Man from the cartoon then just order through PCS.

^ Seriously.

If you want the classic, cartoon version of He-Man get the PCS. It's a simple choice. If you want a possibly more realistic interpretation of He-Man then Sideshow may have something you might be interested in.

More options are better than none guys.

For me, even though I grew up with He-Man I don't necessarily think I want a collectible on my shelf. Skeletor maybe. But from what I do see I kind of like the direction they are going with. I personally would never want the "cartoon versions" on my shelf as I'm usually much more interested in interpretations than straight dead-on representations of what we see in comic and cartoon characters. Movies...that's a different story.

If it was XM producing this, people would be all over it

SS decision to pay money for a he-man license when there are already 2 versions available is well, a strange decision in my opinion.

Not sure how many collectors will be willing to pay a lot more $$ for a SS version, which will undoubtedly have a larger edition size, when something much cheaper is readily available.

I'm all for interpretations, but this being new for SS I think it's risky. I'll wait for SDCC to make my choice. If Skeletor looks killer I'll be much more tempted.

Funny thing.. the base Looks fantastic and finally SS make a great decision on a base and no one wants. :lol

Back