1/6 Sideshow Marvel Comic Book Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figures I've seen so far are of lesser quality than some well made customs

Ok, there are some amazing customs of all kinds of things on the forum, but I've yet to see any custom at the the level of what Sideshow has shown so far. Even the higher end 1/6 ones posted months back from some show weren't there and those were by far the best customs I've ever seen of any superhero. If someone has the talent and resources, including time, it should always be possible to make a custom miles better than something that's mass-produced.

Ok, there are some amazing customs of all kinds of things on the forum, but I've yet to see any custom at the the level of what Sideshow has shown so far. Even the higher end 1/6 ones posted months back from some show weren't there and those were by far the best customs I've ever seen of any superhero. If someone has the talent and resources, including time, it should always be possible to make a custom miles better than something that's mass-produced.

Not sure if srs. SSC sixth scale human portraits are generally terrible whereas the custom artists excel there as well as the paint apps and outfit tailoring.

Dude there's this artist named Noel Cruz that I follow on FB. He is beyond amazing. He takes mass produced figures and repaints their faces to look like the actual person. You should check him out Piper, he auctions off his **** on the Bay

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Dr. Doom would be a figure that would stand out a lot more than the ones previewed so far. The figures I've seen so far are of lesser quality than some well made customs. I would imagine if they make Doom his armored look would make it a best seller because it would be hard for someone to duplicate it using available material. Anyway Doom is what I am waiting for instead of figures with baggy outfits.

This x1000.

Not sure if srs. SSC sixth scale human portraits are generally terrible whereas the custom artists excel there as well as the paint apps and outfit tailoring.

None of the figures in this lineup have human portraits. Punisher is close but it's still a comic character. And not yet previewed. I'm talking about the whole figure anyway so we can't compare against work from rain man and others of non superheroes.

The best comic book customs you'll see (and best customs in general) are done by Seb aka elvis1976. But that kind of talent is few and far between and that's why I'm very much welcoming this comic line.

I expect we will get characters that have never before been officially released, but they need to be cheaper. I doubt SSC Cap will be able to hold a candle to the Stealth Cap in terms of sculpt and quality so why should anyone pay $230 for it? Same goes for Thor.

Well if Sideshow didn't add those unnecessary speech balloons to Deadpool,he'd might be $10 cheaper....

Since prices are out of control anymore,I plan on sticking to favorites only..

This is the Iron Man I want. :pray:

classic_iron_man_by_spytroop-d5uiz1n.png

3A's rendition is the closest you'll get.
3A-Iron-Man-Figure-004.jpg

unless you want the mego one.lolz

I expect we will get characters that have never before been officially released, but they need to be cheaper. I doubt SSC Cap will be able to hold a candle to the Stealth Cap in terms of sculpt and quality so why should anyone pay $230 for it? Same goes for Thor.

Hot Toys figures are supposed to like the movie star portraying the character, Sideshow is making their own interpretation of the characters. You can't compare them. Also, Hot Toys figure are not without flaws, Iron Man figures crotch armor fading, Batman abs leaking, Batman 66 cheap suit, etc. I don't get why HT always get a pass.:dunno

This is what I want from Sideshow minus some of the scales

10670098_727077627371128_3243399587284426552_n.jpg

IMO, the majority of their recent sculpts and paint apps are very idealized and really missing a lot of "character" and life. Including their new Robocop/Murphy and Starlord.

HT has several "miss" figures lately, such as the GA Cap, and unless the Arkham Batman gets a complete overhaul I'd put him at the top of that list... but far more wins than losses to me. I'm not even a Robocop fan and I have to admit that's a damn good sculpt. Same with the Gamora figure. And as I've said before Stealth Cap/Rogers combo looks fantastic.

Hadn't seen that angle, but I'm going by the recent frontal shots I've seen. They just gave me a too clean Photoshopped vibe. I own more Hot Toys than any other high end brand. Their hit/miss ratio is definitely 50/50 at best with facial likeness. Still a top notch producer, but their facial sculptors aren't necessarily at the top of the game. There's a lot of amazing talent out there, including so many amazing artists here on the forum, so I guess I'm jaded.

This is the Iron Man I want:

Iron_Man_Modular_Armor_by_raheight.jpg

Was always one of my favorites and except for SSC I don't think it'll ever get made.

You are out of your mind if you think the SS Iron Man will be any cheaper than the HT ones.

Oh it'll be higher than HT's prices. With HT you get a lot of "variants" and using existing parts plus other figures sales covering the costs for unique offerings and keeping those prices manageable. With SSC's line if they go unique they won't be other figures offsetting cost and that'll get transferred to the customer. Deadpool's initial cost will definitely equal the lower bar of this and it'll only go up from there.

Back