Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers Optimus Prime 20" Maquette Sideshow

in before lock

I thinks the Optimus Leader class from ROTF is great!
I know that isn´t %100 accurat, but I love it, and with some repaint and patience looks terrific!

ToyFairLeader-Optimus-Prime-(Robot).jpg

Sorry sideshow, but I will keep all my autobots from hasbro.

I grew up with G1 in the early '80s, but I really like Bay's modern realization of Transformers. Cinematic art it's not, but fun and mindless entertainment it most certainly is. I've been anticipating TF statues of this scale and depth, and Optimus Prime is the perfect character to usher in this line. I'm sure this will be expensive as hell, but it will also be an automatic buy for me. Thank you, Sideshow.

070620071.gif

Last edited:
come on Optimus... we want to see you on the letter :rock

Not going to happen for awhile, they were still just working with 3D computer rendering in late July, they've got work to do figuring out how it will be assembled, materials, it'll probably be like January before they even have the first prototype done up, it'll probably be a Comic Con 2010 piece.

The movie releases this fall...this maquette will not be coming out this year. This will likely be a Q2 2010 or later release. Generally speaking, there is an 6-8 month difference between preorder and release. We havent even got a true sneak peek yet. I could see a preorder arround the time of the movie release however...strike while the iron is hot...

If you meant a preorder is coming soon, then disregard, haha.

The thing is, will Optimus be the first, or was it just that he was a better one to mention in the SDCC video. Be cool if he preorders soon, but I'm not locked in it'll be him we see first.

Good point, but I think that they may go for a headliner first thing.

That's what I would do. Follow him up with more kick-ass iconic characters like Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream. Hope they give a choice between battledamaged/weathered vs. non-battledamaged/weathered versions.

Optimus will no doubt be out of budget but I might pick up Bumblebee if he is more along the lower end of the price spectrum.

The movie releases this fall...this maquette will not be coming out this year. This will likely be a Q2 2010 or later release. Generally speaking, there is an 6-8 month difference between preorder and release. We havent even got a true sneak peek yet. I could see a preorder arround the time of the movie release however...strike while the iron is hot...

If you meant a preorder is coming soon, then disregard, haha.

Yeah PO for sure. Although, I wouldn't mind getting him before the year is up.:lol

Not going to happen for awhile, they were still just working with 3D computer rendering in late July, they've got work to do figuring out how it will be assembled, materials, it'll probably be like January before they even have the first prototype done up, it'll probably be a Comic Con 2010 piece.

I want to dream a little bit MaulFan :) I have also scheduled that there be no release before Comic Con 2010... yea i hope we see the prototype in January + manufacturing... maybe Q3 2010... thank you for your clarification.

The thing is, will Optimus be the first, or was it just that he was a better one to mention in the SDCC video. Be cool if he preorders soon, but I'm not locked in it'll be him we see first.

One of the producers for the first movie (Don Murphy) hinted that the other ones would be Megatron, Bumblebee and Mikaela. The latter might have been him joking though.

You know, I wonder if Sideshow will make Devastator, and have the balls to go all the way with it.:rotfl

Back