Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad that you guys appreciate the pics posted yesterday. I do have a favor to ask though. When you guys start to receive your statues can you please check your Optimus for the following defects that mine has:

1st thing is that the right side of the statues face has a triangular cut out of a piece thats missing. Possibly due to the mold or it was maybe cut off or sanded down by whoever worked on this part:

SAM_1384-1.jpg

SAM_1357-1-1.jpg

Should be like this:

SAM_1376-1.jpg

Also, while the statue has a weathered and battle damaged look it is not supposed to have any actual paint scratched/scraped off(as far as I know and can tell). All of the supposed paint scrapes are the silver paint brush strokes all over the statue. They are over the smooth painted surfaces. On my statues left leg there are deep scrapes that were attempted to be painted over, but some deep scrapes still remain.

SAM_1399.jpg

Please let me know if you guys have any of these issues. I want to confirm that these are in fact defects and not the look and final result of the statue. I have already contacted sideshow regarding these issues, but need some more info from you fellow collectors regarding the condition of yours. Thanks

Here's how I displayed mine due to it not fitting in the case that it's on top of. It sticks out a little bit, but I think that its not that bad. Please don't judge the mess of the neighboring cases as they are not yet displayed as they will be. :peace

SAM_1403.jpg

SAM_1405.jpg

not sure about the head part...but are there any more deep scratches on the piece? It may be an attempt to replicate the actual "damage"...

Congrats bro, and thanks for the video.

So, do you think he will look good if I display him on top of besta? I know the base will stick out, but I wonder how it looks on top of besta. Where are you gonna put him?

Right here Brother on this cylinder I bought:

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

Hey Bro: My Battle Damage on mine is not as bad as yours. You should wait though and see what everyone else has to say..

Thanks for the video and the advice. Did your Optimus have the issue with that triangular cut out on the right side of the face? Please refer to the pictures posted on the previous page. Thanks

Thanks for the video and the advice. Did your Optimus have the issue with that triangular cut out on the right side of the face? Please refer to the pictures posted on the previous page. Thanks

Hey Rodimus, I Don't know if you saw my post earlier but my Optimus does have the same triangle cut out on the right side of his face!

Here's some pics. Mine had the problem on the right side it's fine, but on the left it missing a blue triangle section in the middle.

84c0379d.jpg

d971d32b.jpg

It's no big deal to me though: That's a minor problem for me to send it back and get one that has more Battle damage or even broken pieces.

Hey Rodimus, I Don't know if you saw my post earlier but my Optimus does have the same triangle cut out on the right side of his face!

I'm sorry bro I missed that. Thanks for letting me know though. It looks like that's the way the mold is as yours, bigsilva's and mine all have the same issue.

Here's some pics. Mine had the problem on the right side it's fine, but on the left it missing a blue triangle section in the middle.

It's no big deal to me though: That's a minor problem for me to send it back and get one that has more Battle damage or even broken pieces.

Thanks for the pictures. That, along with whutch's info confirms for me that they will all have that same issue. Any deep scrapes on yours like mine? Please reffer to the pic on the previous page of the statue's left leg. Thanks

No hater here,but for the money SideShow could find a way to insert lights and the damn thing is to thin...Not worth $1.200 + shipping + VAT,fees etc...

If im not completely wrong,i think the triangular piece is supposed to be like that,at least my Popbox Optimus Bust is the same way.

Back