Sideshow Life-sized C3PO & R2D2 (or, "I am apparently insane")

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plaque is from a guy called Panther on the Rebelscum forums who does a lot of plaques for people's prop replicas and the like. You can have one made up any way you like. Details about the droids plaques in particular are in this thread on Rebelscum. (Scroll down a bit.) You do still need to get a holder or something for the plaque -- I used a 4 x 6 metal photo frame and it worked perfectly.

What purchase are you reconsidering?

Thanks for the link.

I'm really torn as you might have been about which one to get. R2-D2 is the cute one, but for sheer presence, C-3PO can't be beat. I am very seriously thinking about both, but goldenboy has the edge.

In some sense I had the decision made for me since R2 was delayed and then I discovered my money problems, so naturally he was the one to get the axe. But if I had been given the choice I would have chosen C-3PO anyway. I'm in the minority on this, but I prefer his character to that of R2, and I really like the way he looks as well. C-3PO is also considerably harder to make yourself, while there are lots of resources for putting together an R2 unit given enough time and patience (and money).

Remember to post here and/or at Rebelscum if you decide to get one or both of them.

I just noticed that BBTS has C-3PO listed as in stock and he's actually a part of their 15% off sale, making the total price only $4,844.99! However, shipping is apparently not free. For me it would be around $250 (assuming their calculator is correct). Still a pretty good deal if anyone is interested. Probably the cheapest you'll see him.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SSC10471&mode=retail

I called Sideshow and asked if they could please charge my entire flex-pay remainder so I could get my R2 sooner and they said that they couldn't!

I mostly understand why, but it was sooooooo disappointing! I finally had the money and was denied! :(

I just hope that I don't have to wait until my final flex-payment....that is i August! :mad:

c-3po_display_04-27-09.jpg

As Borat would say........"very nice". :cool:

Well I'd certainly like to get him, and I'm holding out hope that I may be able to before he sells out. But at the moment it's not an option, unfortunately.

Well I'd certainly like to get him, and I'm holding out hope that I may be able to before he sells out. But at the moment it's not an option, unfortunately.

I know it's probably mentioned in the thread here somewhere, but are these open ended ES? And if so, why do they decide to end the runs? Is it just the lack of interest?

They are limited to 250 each, and most of them are apparently already sold (or preordered anyway).

WOW! Already? How long have they been out? I know they cost a pretty penny. That's surprising, but then again they are iconic. :sick

Well, they've been taking preorders for over a year, so most of them were reserved before they started shipping. They only really started shipping around the time I received mine, though.

Well, they've been taking preorders for over a year, so most of them were reserved before they started shipping. They only really started shipping around the time I received mine, though.

Well, good luck to you on R2. Your 3PO looks awesome! :rock

Those 1:1s are simply amazing. And it's nice too because one you get those who needs PFs?? :lol If SS put out a Marvel 1:1 line, I'd probably sell everything and focus on those.

Desperately looking for these two!! Anyone selling theirs??? :) Please PM me

Back