Sideshow Life-sized C3PO & R2D2 (or, "I am apparently insane")

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, here's a great upshot... you will get $570 worth of reward points, that's like a a few PF's, a 1:1 Bust or a mess of 12" figures as an added bonus :rock

Yep, I made that calculation myself. I think I'll probably use it on 12" Star Wars figures, since it'll feel like I'm getting more than if I blew it all on one bust or a couple of PFs. But we'll see.

It's been quite some time since Sideshow has added anything to the product pages for the droids, but the first units are supposed to be shipping in a few days, and they now have videos showing how to assemble both C-3PO and R2-D2 (look under "Additional Video Features"). It doesn't look too hard. They don't come in as many boxes or require as much work as the life-sized Terminator Endoskeleton. If the ones they used in the video are production pieces (and I assume they are), it looks like these came out quite well.

I have mine on flex-pay, so they will be coming in late January or early February. Looking forward to it! I have a plan for a photo display that I'm going to put on the wall behind them as well.

Man, you have one SUPER-COOL wife!!! If I had the dough, I would own these bad-boys!!!

Icruise, where are these guys? According to RS they are starting to arrive.

My last flex-pay payment is in late January, so I expect one or both of them in late January or early February. I'm not sure if C-3PO is actually shipping yet, since we've only seen a report from an R2-D2 owner.

My last flex-pay payment is in late January, so I expect one or both of them in late January or early February. I'm not sure if C-3PO is actually shipping yet, since we've only seen a report from an R2-D2 owner.

Man, tell SSC to rush the last payment. The quicker you get these guys, the quicker we can live vicariously through you. :rock

Man, tell SSC to rush the last payment. The quicker you get these guys, the quicker we can live vicariously through you. :rock

It's tempting, but I'm strapped as it is during the holidays. That's why I chose flex-pay in the first place. Besides, with the payments set up as they are, they'll arrive right around my birthday, so I'm planning a droid-themed party. :cool:

I'm going to wait till these are parted out....:monkey3

:rotfl

I have two payments left, but my last payment is cut in half because I used a TON of Sideshow points on 3PO. So, my last payment will also be at the end of January for 3PO. I can't wait.

Please post pictures of these when you have them in hand. Have you guys thought out where you are going to display them?

Please post pictures of these when you have them in hand. Have you guys thought out where you are going to display them?

Right now, I have space next to my Han in Carbonite standing in my living room. I don't know how long that will last as I need to allow space for the eFX X-Wing and all the new eFX pieces and Sideshow PF's. I am basically screwed.

As for me, I've already cleared some space in my office for them, and I've ordered some pictures from Official Pix to hang behind them. But yeah, my office is getting kind of full now. I've already moved some stuff into the basement.

I've already made my last payment for 3PO but am going through an AD so probably
won't be getting it for awhile. Spent some time today trying to free up space in
my display room - for both droids - not easy!

Back