Sideshow Life Size Darth Vader Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the chest and the other box with the head got stuck in customs. Due to the bank holiday this Monday it gets delayed another day so will not get the head till Tursday so the base never left the box : (

Are you sure you din't order the first version? That one was coming in two boxes on for the chest, and one for the helmet. Because the guy at the sideshow booth at the San Diego Comic Con confirm it was a one piece bust:wink1:

Are you sure you din't order the first version? That one was coming in two boxes on for the chest, and one for the helmet. Because the guy at the sideshow booth at the San Diego Comic Con confirm it was a one piece bust:wink1:

This comes in two boxes. My tracking number shows two boxes. The old bust has been sold out at SS for a while.

portumac did pretty damn good work, especially for when he did it but in terms of accuracy it's hardly an sl or quasi :p

The bad thing is not that. It is the fact that Sideshow simply recasted and used Portumac's helmet without his approval, and especially not considering its accuracy limitations. Curious who did they recast on the new Vader bust LOL

The bad thing is not that. It is the fact that Sideshow simply recasted and used Portumac's helmet without his approval, and especially not considering its accuracy limitations. Curious who did they recast on the new Vader bust LOL

Yeah it was pretty ****ed up, but you know there are risks when getting into props like that >< some people with star wars have gotten far far worse.

Yeah it was pretty ****ed up, but you know there are risks when getting into props like that >< some people with star wars have gotten far far worse.

As an answer to SSC's recast of his helmet, Portumac recast the EX stand from the first Vader bust LOL What a world...

As an answer to SSC's recast of his helmet, Portumac recast the EX stand from the first Vader bust LOL What a world...

Not only that..he also recasted the complete inside parts of the facemask also!:lol

We must see better pics from the distance and under daylight when possible...but what the hell did they with the mesh behind the mouth?Did they casted it in this aslope position?:slap

Portumac doesn't own the rights to produce Vader items. That is the danger of fan made items. SSC from what I understand regarding the licensing of star wars products, didn't need his permission.

Now, I'm surprised SSC didn't deliver a cease and desist letter.

I could be totally wrong though!

I dont know why im not able to see the pic on the other forum can anyone do a copy paste of the pic here??

yeah only a few are good/decent pics so hard to judge on those pics. Have to see more before final judgement.

Apologies for poor lighting and iPhone camera but you get the idea. Its a nice bust but obviously accuracy isn't all it could be. The cape is made of a thicker "plasticy"material. Nice addition though.
IMG_7090.jpgIMG_7092.jpgIMG_7093.jpgIMG_7094.jpg

Back