Statue Sideshow Life-Size Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zappaphan is there fabric from the vest stuck under the arms when you assembled it? Also, can you screw in the collar studs more?

The helmet looks a lot better. I'd love to see more pictures in better lighting.

It looks a tad better but that whole front shoulder area is what bugs me. Too much material there and the shoulder armor should be attached to the vest, not the actual jumpsuit. For that price, they really shouldn't have overlooked that part.

008.jpg

Actually, I think this was an error in the way I put it together.

As you can see, I am not insane about accuracy other than it capturing the "essence" of the sculpt and what not.

I will revise and re-post pics as soon as I can.

yeah I think there is some fabric stuck under there. That one helmet pin is a problem though. I think it's smacking against the cylindrical input underneath that inserts into the main body. I struggled with that for quite some time. I had someone else look at it too. I was planning to contact Sideshow about that and/or just dremel the pin down so it fits flush.

yeah I think there is some fabric stuck under there. That one helmet pin is a problem though. I think it's smacking against the cylindrical input underneath that inserts into the main body. I struggled with that for quite some time. I had someone else look at it too. I was planning to contact Sideshow about that and/or just dremel the pin down so it fits flush.

Yeah the material on the vest would improve the look.

Could you take better pictures of the actual helmet?

for sure...but likely won't be able to until Monday as it's in the office and I'm out in a few.

Thanks for posting that first set of pics, zappaphan. I look forward to seeing more shots, especially close ups of the helmet in better lighting and also the vest after you've had time to adjust it. It's definitely an improvement over the first wave of these that SS sent out.

Hi-

some others I just took.

I feel it's a dramatic improvement over the first one. The original looked like an emaciated giraffe.

Attachments

• Fett Body 1.jpg
    Fett Body 1.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Fett Body 2.jpg
    Fett Body 2.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Fett Body 3.jpg
    Fett Body 3.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Fett Body 4.jpg
    Fett Body 4.jpg
    713.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Fett Body 5.jpg
    Fett Body 5.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Fett Body 6.jpg
    Fett Body 6.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Fett Body 7.jpg
    Fett Body 7.jpg
    884.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Fett Body 8.jpg
    Fett Body 8.jpg
    864.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Fett helmet 5.jpg
    Fett helmet 5.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Fett Helmet.jpg
    Fett Helmet.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Fett Helmet 1.jpg
    Fett Helmet 1.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 168
  • Fett Helmet 2.jpg
    Fett Helmet 2.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Fett Helmet 3.jpg
    Fett Helmet 3.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Fett helmet 4.jpg
    Fett helmet 4.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Fett helmet 6.jpg
    Fett helmet 6.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Fett helmet 7.jpg
    Fett helmet 7.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 163
The rich man's Fett. I've never even thought about owning one. I can go as far as Legendary Scale. Yea, that's fine.

Even though it's not 100% screen accurate it's definitely the best looking licensed 1:1 Fett you're ever going to see. I've had the Don Post Fett statue in my collection for over a decade now, but I'm actively looking to sell it so I can buy the Sideshow one instead. Wish me luck! :)

Yours looks awesome, rnbuda. Don't suppose I could convince you to build one for me? ;)

Took me over 2 years to do my 1:1 Vader and I swore I'd never attack another project like that again. As you well know Fett is an even more complicated costume so the only way I'm ever going to get one is if I buy the SS statue or find someone who can do a custom for me. Option 3 is to just keep the Don Post statue I have, but it's even more inaccurate than Sideshow's so I'm hoping I can find a buyer who is looking for a limited edition collectible and doesn't care so much about accuracy.

I'd settle for the parts list! :)

As you wish...

Helmet: FPH2 by Fett Pride FINISHED by Eric aka SuperJedi
Armor: FP Armor by Fett Pride FINISHED by Ponte
Gauntlets: FP painted by Fett 4 Real (Dom) with ever-ready lite casting by redkraytdragon
Flight suit: Clothears
Flak vest: Clothears
Cape: MOW (limited wool edition)
Ammo Belt: Delta13mike
Girthbelt: Woodman
Wookiebraids: Real Horse Hair by Woodman
Gloves: Mike M
Jetpack Harness: Locally made by Hansen Metal Fabrication. Straps and bucles by www.strapworks.com
Studs, Jetpack beacon and Stabilizer: Dakota
Boots: MOW
Bootspikes and Shin Tool Blade: Mojo Fett
Jetpack clips and hooks: Full metal Fett.
Shintools: Found Paterson parts (Squeegee and Chemical Stirrer) Painted by Darth Voorhees (Lou)
EE3 Blaster: ESB built by Sidewinder
Holster: Stormrider
Pucle 40 Sidearm: Stormrider painted myself

Back