Sideshow Juggernaut Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hype is in overdrive. Last year (or maybe the year before) he said exclusives were supposed to be nice to have, not must haves.

Anyhow I will wait on the sidelines given the probable price gouge. I mean, look at magneto!

I personally hate when it's a so called EX or fail. As a collectors outside the USA, purchasing the Exclusive directly via Sideshow adds between 25-50% on top of what I would pay locally for the regular.

Like with the Prime 1 Poison Ivy it's great that the EX isn't a must have item imo.

Ss should make the ex at the same price and Es as thanos. It will get people to po now instead of waiting to buy for less later.

Ss should make the ex at the same price and Es as thanos. It will get people to po now instead of waiting to buy for less later.

I know that you prefer to buy in the aftermarket, but I wonder just how many as a percentage of collectors generally have such purchasing habits.

I myself have no self control and buy as soon as practical.

Thanos is actually 1/3 scale. He's too big to fit in my collection. I would have preferred Thanos be a true 1/4 PF yet maintain the same details of the MAQ. Basically, give me the exact same Thanos in a smaller 1/4 scale at $900 to $1000 and I would have bought it for sure.

There’s always xm thanos which is 1:4 :wink1:

SS thanos wins hands down

Yes then some said ss Thanos is too big. So xm Thanos is definitely the next best option. I need to find a ss thanos soon. But will wait until the hype dies out a bit when the movie is gone from theaters.

Yes then some said ss Thanos is too big. So xm Thanos is definitely the next best option. I need to find a ss thanos soon. But will wait until the hype dies out a bit when the movie is gone from theaters.

I don't think the movie has had 'too much' of an affect on the popularity of this piece, as you have to remember the Ex was sold out in minutes way before it was known how good he would be in the MCU movies.

Personally for my MCU Thanos needs I'll probably wait for the 1/4 Iron Studios piece.

Then what’s the point of an EX anymore? :lol

lol, just reiterating what david told us.

on a more serious note, from a "business perspective" SS has to be careful not to make an exclusive so attractive that it completely destroys any interest in a regular version (thereby royally screwing their ADs and to some extent themselves). The recent GL is a perfect example...I mean Lantern is in the character's name for the love of god.

of course, they might not give a F.

The regular is what most international collector settles for. IF its all Ex or fail, then many intn collector will see other option such as XM or P1.

The regular is what most international collector settles for. IF its all Ex or fail, then many intn collector will see other option such as XM or P1.

We don't settle for regulars but opt out on buying SSC pieces until they open back up the EU warehouse. Shame as we really wanted a lot of pieces they are now putting out. Ah well, more money for other stuff

I still wish for ex or fail pieces, otherwise whats the use for having such a lame ex? Ex is suppose to be must have, and makes people wants to buy it. Besides the ex cost more so we should get the best versions possible. If people overseas wants a great ex they will find a way. Same as usa buyers who pay 300-600.00 shipping cost for xm pieces. We all just have to suck it up. At least I want the option to have a great ex. :lecture

The Thanos maquette is one where the ex head made the regular a lot less desirable, at least for me. I would have thought about buying it when the statue started shipping because it turned out very good looking. Only with the smiling head though. Without it, meh. I wouldn't let myself pay the same amount for a reg and not get the extra head. A better move would have been to include and ex art print or something like the pedestals people made for this. Something good but non essential. They did well selling out the exclusive version but, how about the regs? Another point that seemed weird was that they still showed the exclusive at events that were held- knowing that the ex was sold out and could not be bought. I don't remember which one but I recall thinking that's cool, but I can't buy it. Oh well, no Sideshow Thanos for this guy. Back on topic, I hope they have this Juggernaut at comic con along with the other teased X Men. Crossed fingers for a great pose.

I still wish for ex or fail pieces, otherwise whats the use for having such a lame ex? Ex is suppose to be must have, and makes people wants to buy it. Besides the ex cost more so we should get the best versions possible. If people overseas wants a great ex they will find a way. Same as usa buyers who pay 300-600.00 shipping cost for xm pieces. We all just have to suck it up. At least I want the option to have a great ex. :lecture

True unfortunately.

I myself have a few Exclusive pieces on preorder with Sideshow for a PF and a few 1/3 Prime pieces.

But even for those pieces it's costing me an additional 25 to 35% on top of what I would pay locally for just the regular. And that's not even including the additional $50 USD (for example) pricing for the Ex.

The worst example for me was the Exclusive version of the Iron Man Mark 3 Maquette which would cost me the Ex price increase plus an additional 50% to get the EX! Lucky I didn't like the Ex.

I just find it grating/annoying that as a collector outside the US/Japan I have to pay a substantial amount more than people in the US. It would make it so much easier if Sideshow and now Prime 1 allowed other retailers to sell Exclusive's locally, like PCS etc. Even if it's only the Exclusives which don't immediately sell.

True unfortunately.

I myself have a few Exclusive pieces on preorder with Sideshow for a PF and a few 1/3 Prime pieces.

But even for those pieces it's costing me an additional 25 to 35% on top of what I would pay locally for just the regular. And that's not even including the additional $50 USD (for example) pricing for the Ex.

The worst example for me was the Exclusive version of the Iron Man Mark 3 Maquette which would cost me the Ex price increase plus an additional 50% to get the EX! Lucky I didn't like the Ex.

I just find it grating/annoying that as a collector outside the US/Japan I have to pay a substantial amount more than people in the US. It would make it so much easier if Sideshow and now Prime 1 allowed other retailers to sell Exclusive's locally, like PCS etc. Even if it's only the Exclusives which don't immediately sell.

Curious do you all overseas have eBay to buy a ex? Normally they go for retail or less these days anyways. I don’t know so I’m asking. I’m ordering less xm now and buying them on eBay for the same reasons.

Curious do you all overseas have eBay to buy a ex? Normally they go for retail or less these days anyways. I don’t know so I’m asking. I’m ordering less xm now and buying them on eBay for the same reasons.

That's not the issue.

Shipping costs are the real problem.

And I have no patience to wait for it in the aftermarket and I'm the sort of collector who doesn't buy second hand. But that's just me.

True unfortunately.

Exc sales will definitely pick way way up

That's not the issue.

Shipping costs are the real problem.

And I have no patience to wait for it in the aftermarket and I'm the sort of collector who doesn't buy second hand. But that's just me.

Well then you have no problems just po day 1 and you're done! Cost is no factor for you. I'm very patient and can wait years to get one to save some money or in some cases pay more... :lol I win some and I lose some.

Well then you have no problems just po day 1 and you're done! Cost is no factor for you. I'm very patient and can wait years to get one to save some money or in some cases pay more... :lol I win some and I lose some.

Actually cost is a factor. The point being that for most pieces I 'choose' to settle for the regular because I can't accept the 25-50% top up that is needed to purchase the Exclusive directly through Sideshow. If I lived in the USA, statue collecting would be easier on my limited finances. But yes being somewhat impatient has cost me quite a bit.

Back