Sideshow Juggernaut Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/B]

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, given that you're the collector who rarely preorders standard PF's as it is, due to the current pricing of premium formats.

Or is it simply to help you not order anything at all?

No I'm being serious. Maquette scale will give these big guys justice unlike the pf way under scale characters they made like darksied, bane should be bigger and hulks etc...

I want to see the full reveal. It doesn't look like Sideshow went too crazy with the design from what I can see. Unless this is all plastic, it'll be pricey so it had better be killer.

I really wish this was a PF. Not sure I can swing a figure of this size as a maquette otherwise I would have already POd the Wolverine vs Juggernaut dio.

Hope it’s not solid because statues are getting way too heavy to display on the top shelves. I prefer lighter but bigger like rhino with higher quality paint unlike rhinos base with the paper thin cracking paint.

No I'm being serious. Maquette scale will give these big guys justice unlike the pf way under scale characters they made like darksied, bane should be bigger and hulks etc...

You don't need a MAQ label to create a true 1/4 scale statue....just math. PFs are all supposed to be 1/4 scale anyway. MAQs are just an easy way for sideshow to try and justify a complex piece and charge us more money.

You don't need a MAQ label to create a true 1/4 scale statue....just math. PFs are all supposed to be 1/4 scale anyway. MAQs are just an easy way for sideshow to try and justify a complex piece and charge us more money.

True I only wished ss did though. Seems like when they charge more for maquette it’s a bit more impressive these days. Look at thanos. Size was good, and great details. If it was a pf do you think we would’ve got the same for around 700.00-800.00 or so? Yes it can happen but looks like ss now will only do those kinds of size and details for the maquette prices at least for the big guys. And yes I agree it’s money as well.

YES!!! I have been waiting for a 1/4 juggernaut for years. If this looks good then price wont matter to me. It will be mine!!

I'll probably get this. I love these large Marvel pieces and I missed out on Thanos so I'll PO this one.

True I only wished ss did though. Seems like when they charge more for maquette it’s a bit more impressive these days. Look at thanos. Size was good, and great details. If it was a pf do you think we would’ve got the same for around 700.00-800.00 or so? Yes it can happen but looks like ss now will only do those kinds of size and details for the maquette prices at least for the big guys. And yes I agree it’s money as well.

Thanos is actually 1/3 scale. He's too big to fit in my collection. I would have preferred Thanos be a true 1/4 PF yet maintain the same details of the MAQ. Basically, give me the exact same Thanos in a smaller 1/4 scale at $900 to $1000 and I would have bought it for sure.

Igo wrote on SF that has a great EX.

The hype is in overdrive. Last year (or maybe the year before) he said exclusives were supposed to be nice to have, not must haves.

Anyhow I will wait on the sidelines given the probable price gouge. I mean, look at magneto!

guys, let's make sure to discuss price estimates for the next 30 pages. So much fun!

Why are Marquettes priced that much higher than PF?

No real logical reason. Supposedly just an excuse to overcharge us for maybe slightly more detailed pieces.

Especially given that they're not really what maquettes have traditionally actually been. To me a maquette was something used by those involved in the production of a movie etc as a physical real life reference for an otherwise digital or scaled representation.

Back