Sideshow is curious...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All 1/4 scales, esp. the Star Wars line (Obi Wan, anyone?), and Predator. In the 1/6 scale, all the upcoming Buffy and POTA figures! :banana

seeing a few Premium figures all together so we get an idea of scale.

That's a great idea, Dave. I never even thought of that. Grievous should absolutely dwarf the rest of the group. Vader will also be larger than Luke and Han.

I want to see how many Sideshow Freaks you can get to do the 'robot', live at the booth, and a moon walk just to top it off. I am being serious.

What did happen with the Apes 1/4 line?!?!?

Does Sideshow sell as many units in 1:4 as 1:6?? Does the more 1:4 we see mean less 1:6?? Why can't we see more of the figures in both scales?? [mostly referring to Star Wars and Marvel at the moment]

What did happen with the Apes 1/4 line?!?!?

That is a question I keep bring up both in this section and in the "Ask Sideshow" section from time to time. The only answer I got was "mum is the word" which was about nine months ago. I would like to know definitively what the fate of these figures are. Even if they are cancelled due to the lower-than-expected enthusiasm of their 1/6 line, I STILL would love to see the prototypes of these beasties. And since these 1/4 scale Apes were slated to be up for pre-order (according to their 2/28/04 newsletter) you KNOW those prototypes exist.

Please, Sideshow, can we have a peek?

I'd like to see everything that's being debuted at the show so us poor slobs who can't attend will at least get a glimpse of all the cool SS stuff.

cam suggestions

How about sticking the cam behind a figure, or between its legs? You'll get some reaction shots as people do double takes. Or why not have a table with a couple of loose figures on it and invite people to play with them (gasp!) then film them? (Of course, you'll need to have a staff member watching to ensure the figure's don't walk - but then anyone who did steal them would be filmed doing it!). How about an action figure version of Big Brother with figs from every one of your big lines where we vote out a figure every day?

Oh, and when you announce your Indiana Jones 1/6 line and the Thunderball Jet Pack Bond, that might be worth filming...:clap

eh?

Why the :x

Did I misunderstand the whole point of this thread, or were my suggestions just rubbish?!?
:dunno

Re: eh?

I think it could be fun to have a "Big Brother"-like contest or something...

Yes,it s pretty difficult to reply to this question without knowing whats coming up.:bonk

Sorry this is confusing to some - let me try to be even more clear :p Of the product you know is out there (ie: already announced/older items), what would you most like to see?

Please take it as a given that we will be showing off all of our new, as-yet-unannounced product to the fullest extent possible! :rock

I just thought maybe there were some older and/or sold out items that you guys hadn't seen in a while, which you would like to re-visit close up. We just need to know in advance, as all our display cases are really hard to get into this time around and won't be able to be opened on the fly for on-the-spot product cam viewage. If you trust me to make all the decisions as to what's shown, then don't answer - but I don't think you want me to choose!! :D

I didn't mean for this to be such a difficult question, I apologize :dance

I'd like to see a Premium 1/4 scale figure dissected. I'd like to know what tolerance the inner wire armature has, just to know I can go about bending arms without fear of it snapping, and how a repair should be approached, if an armature should snap. I wouldn't mind knowing how one is assembled either. Probably not the type of thing you have in mind for the Con, just putting suggestions forward.

I trust you Dusty, I know you will do your best with what you have, and hopefully, have some fun doing it. All questions are difficult to us. We analyze, assume, and doubt everything, but you'll soon get used to us.

Okay Dusty,given it a little thought :idea .Heres what i d like to see:

1/4 scale Wolfman

Metaluna Mutant

Prototype Frankenstein Revenant figure(you ll have to go to the vaults for this one and it may be a little "dusty":p )

The aforementioned "Thunderball"rocket belt figure,as mentioned by my good freind Airbond

And a complete line up of the old 8" Universal Monsters figures

Okay?Howzat?:D

Oooo - let me second Creecher's suggestion!

Michael
MWC

Re: Cornelius versus Caesar

Great suggestions Creech! I would like to know how durable these 1/4 scale figures are.

Also I would like to see a side-by-side comparison of the 12" Cornelius and the upcoming 12" Caesar. We are told it's going to be a whole new sculpt for Caesar... I'd like to see the proof. So far I'm not convinced.

Re: Cornelius versus Caesar

I'm most interested in the 1/4 SW line, so I'd like to see these guys from every possible angle. Since the release dates for Vader and Grievous are far, far away, I really want to see some better pictures of them, maybe even with their exclusive items (Vader: mouse droid, Grievous: cape) if possible. :bow

Re: Thanks!

Okay, it's all coming along, thanks for your suggestions! I especially like the scale comparison ideas! Very helpful :)

And just for you Creech, and those who seconded his suggestion, I've *tentatively* scheduled Heath to do a quick chat to answer questions regarding the 1/4 scale assembly and armature during preview night - but you better be REAL nice to me because I had to promise to be his date to the Friday night party in order to get him to do it :bonk :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back