SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow will make 1/4 scale mk III and mk II, relax you know it will happen they know it will be a winner and make them mega bucks, chill

Sideshow will make 1/4 scale mk III and mk II, relax you know it will happen they know it will be a winner and make them mega bucks, chill

They already said there is no 1/4 Mark III coming. There may be a Mark IV when IM 2 comes out however.

They already said there is no 1/4 Mark III coming. There may be a Mark IV when IM 2 comes out however.

You haven't read the most recent Ask Sideshow then:

Concerning the Iron Man/Marvel line…why a movie Iron Man 1:2 scale Figure instead of 1/4th? Any chance for a movie Mark III in 1/4 scale?

If you are able to come to San Diego Comic Con, or visit John Favreaus’ home, we think that the answer will be relatively obvious - the 1:2 scale piece is simply stunning - THE statement piece for the Mark III design.

We haven’t ruled out the possibility of a 1:4 scale red & gold Iron Man product for release in the future, but we are interested to see what Iron Man 2 has in store for the armor designs. We hear of (and may have peeked at) some VERY cool things!

It hasn't been ruled out because in reality depending on what is being released its a way to continue sales. If they follow suit with last time's product plan and release a 1:1 bust first of the Mark 4 it makes logical sense that a Mark 3 from Iron Man 1 Maquette be released.

The quote you quoted from SS makes it sound like the red and gold offering will be from IM2 since they are interested to see the armor design and the 1/2 scale Mark III is THE statement piece for the Mark III.

To me that comes across as the next red and gold 1/4 scale offering being the new armor design.

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

Don't kill me but I don't know the name of it, but the chest light/heart ruins this piece for me. It's just painted. For the price it should have looked like it did in themovie. The HT 12" piece looks a hell of a lot better.

Don't kill me but I don't know the name of it, but the chest light/heart ruins this piece for me. It's just painted. For the price it should have looked like it did in themovie. The HT 12" piece looks a hell of a lot better.

Arc Reactor. The term you are looking for is Arc Reactor.

It isn't painted, it lights up.

According to SSC it does, Klauder confirmed it and said that the pics on the site was a really early prototype and who knows what they brought to con. The facial sculpt in Jack's pic from the site isn't even accurate as that was done by Erick Sosa and SSC hired Trevor Grove to resculpt it, although I read on another site that the con face's paintjob isn't that great...

I believe the one they are showing at the Con is the early prototype. I'm gonna find out later myself at the Con.

Exclusive #287 was delivered by Fedex today. I can confirm the arc reactor does light up. The battery compartment is concealed under the stomach plate which is held in place by two very strong magnets. The on/off switch is the small rectangular piece near on the bottom left side of the arc reactor. Will try to get pictures up later. Very detailed piece. Very heavy too.

Nice - Can't wait to see the pics! Any chance of getting a shot next to a PF (or any true 1/4 piece) for scale reference?

I want to see the new facial sculpt too, Trevor's raw sculpt looked fantastic.

Below are some quick ones I took to show a size comparison with a PF - one with flash and one without. Also, one showing the lit arc reactor. Better ones to come that show more.

IMG_2901a.jpg

IMG_2891a.jpg

IMG_2875a.jpg

Comparison of head sculpts between the exclusive with RDJ and regular. The RDJ may not be dead on, but it's close.

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2884a.jpg

I probably won't display it with the helmet open much anyway, but I prefer the depth of having the eyes behind the helmet, rather than the flat paint on the regular.

I like this figure; no problem with the pose. To me, it shows the weight, bulk, awkwardness of the suit, which we know from the movie was difficult to move in.

Back