Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same loose head issue. My TIE pilot isn't like this. I just have him facing forward. Is there any way to tighten the neck joint?

I haven’t tinkered with him much. He’s actually boxed up for now but I noticed the neck has a rubber coating or sleeve around it that might be affecting it or the receiver in the helmet might not be deep enough because the helmet pops off really easily. He looks amazing just has that SSC wonkiness unlike the TIE Pilots (super solid figures btw). Maybe it’s just a few since I haven’t heard many of the same issues.

They both look great and not remotely out of place alongside my HT stuff.

Yeah, can't say I've been a huge SSC trooper fan in the past few years (the Biker Scout I wasn't a fan of) but this fig is pretty much on-par with HT. The crispest, cleanest paint apps on a helmet I've ever seen (one of my HT stormies had a bit of paint slop in places.) He's a bit too tall is my main criticism of him, but I guess you could argue he's a bit over 6' because of the huge helmet the drivers have.

Yeah, can't say I've been a huge SSC trooper fan in the past few years (the Biker Scout I wasn't a fan of)

I've not looked too closely at the SSC Biker Scout but I'm actually hoping that HT do this figure and I think I'd probably sell my Death Trooper Deluxe and replace it with the Biker Scout on that particular shelf.

Standing next to HT Death Trooper, i believe Tie pilot looks even better :p.. cannot go wrong with SideShow on this case

I've seen people recently hope that HT tackle the AT-AT Driver & TIE Pilot but I really can't see them being any better than the versions SSC have given us. And I'm also like that about Luke Snowspeeder... I really hope HT look at the Hoth versions of Luke and Han though. If I get the Biker Scout to replace the Death Trooper I'd happily replace my Smuggler Han with the Bespin version. I'd be completely ESB / ROTJ then (I'll happily keep ANH Stormies to flank ESB Vader for a Cloud City thing).

I really dig this figure and the two tie pilots from SS. I probably won't get a HT release of them since they are all pretty accurate imo. The only figure that I think SS really messed up recently was the biker scout and the snowtrooper. HT did a great job on the snowie but I do wish the boots were a bit better. I hope HT does a scout trooper soon. With all the ROTJ stuff I'm surprised they haven't yet. Maybe SDCC...

I've not looked too closely at the SSC Biker Scout but I'm actually hoping that HT do this figure and I think I'd probably sell my Death Trooper Deluxe and replace it with the Biker Scout on that particular shelf.

I would strongly recommend not selling Death Trooper as "there was a great disturbance in the Force lately that Director Krennic might appear" :p.

I would strongly recommend not selling Death Trooper as "there was a great disturbance in the Force lately that Director Krennic might appear" :p.

Are you serious or kidding? There was some firm indication of HT doing Krennic?

Are you serious or kidding? There was some firm indication of HT doing Krennic?

wasnt kidding though.. firm source ? Nope, just my personal belief, already bought 2 Death Troopers waiting for Krennic :p.

RO theme was mainly about Hope so just.. hope :p

tải xuống.jpg

I just ordered this from sideshowtoys with the Valentines day promo code. I have a primarily ESB collection. How does it stack up?

I just ordered this from sideshowtoys with the Valentines day promo code. I have a primarily ESB collection. How does it stack up?

See my comment above. I think this figure is great and looks just as good as the HT Snowtrooper next to it. I've got three SSC figures (this, the TIE Pilot and Snowspeeder Luke) and if all SSC figures were this good I wouldn't care if HT or SSC did them. Armoured figures seem to be something SSC excel at.

See my comment above. I think this figure is great and looks just as good as the HT Snowtrooper next to it. I've got three SSC figures (this, the TIE Pilot and Snowspeeder Luke) and if all SSC figures were this good I wouldn't care if HT or SSC did them. Armoured figures seem to be something SSC excel at.

I'd say NEW armored figures ;) The SSC Stormies and Sandies were not too good alas.

Ok At-At driver or jawas with the valentines coupon? Have at it!

I have both and I'd say the cooler is the ATAT driver, but the Jawas are "essential" - floppy bodies and all (not as a big of a deal though because they're not really Spidey pose type figs.)

So how floppy are their bodies? Stand well on their own? Hold decent “jawa” poses?

I want to know this as well. I am interested in setting them up with Kenobi (browns) but those sideshow bodies...

So how floppy are their bodies? Stand well on their own? Hold decent “jawa” poses?

Yeah, they stand fine. I bought two (i.e. I have four SSC Jawas) and they all hold poses well in terms of holding weapons and staying vertical. It's more about the legs (and the stands were a somewhat goofy idea.) If it bugs you, you can use the superglue trick. If mine worsen, I'll do that.

On one of mine, the hands come off a bit too easily (and they have these little fur "bangles" that go around the wrists that are a bit annoying to get to stay in place), but if you're patient they work fine.

I think a lot of people expect these 1/6 models to be more like a super-detailed and accurate Hasbro figure where you can move the arms around freely and everything stays on - I treat them more like models.

These look awesome on display. The accessories (belts/holsters/weapons) and the robes are gorgeous, and I like how you get a tall and shorter jawa

Working on a Gonk to go next to my Sandtrooper and Jawas would be the next compliment to that shelf. SSC Valentine coupon ends in hours so I may just pick them up and deal with tightening up joints later or pick up some small stands.

Yeah, they stand fine. I bought two (i.e. I have four SSC Jawas) and they all hold poses well in terms of holding weapons and staying vertical. It's more about the legs (and the stands were a somewhat goofy idea.) If it bugs you, you can use the superglue trick. If mine worsen, I'll do that.

On one of mine, the hands come off a bit too easily (and they have these little fur "bangles" that go around the wrists that are a bit annoying to get to stay in place), but if you're patient they work fine.

I think a lot of people expect these 1/6 models to be more like a super-detailed and accurate Hasbro figure where you can move the arms around freely and everything stays on - I treat them more like models.

These look awesome on display. The accessories (belts/holsters/weapons) and the robes are gorgeous, and I like how you get a tall and shorter jawa

Sounds good. Thanks 👍🏽

Back