Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not about spiderman poses. Without an ankle you can't even go for a wider stance or running pose for example.

I agree with this 100%. Even a simple step forward, slightly wider stance or anything really that goes beyond just a straight standing at attention pose looks so much better with a little ankle articulation. All figures should have it...all figures. :lecture

Personally I don't care for that ankle articulation in this type of character. To each his own

I agree with this 100%. Even a simple step forward, slightly wider stance or anything really that goes beyond just a straight standing at attention pose looks so much better with a little ankle articulation. All figures should have it...all figures. :lecture

I like what SS did for the Scout Trooper or Boba, giving them a separate sculpted boot for crouch or action poses. That's a smart alternative when the ankle articulation is problematic, or in Boba's case, they want to provide even further options even when there already is ankle articulation.

This could be a better solution indeed, than a weird looking gap in a boot for ankle articulation

This could be a better solution indeed, than a weird looking gap in a boot for ankle articulation

Yeah, the boots where the two piece has worked (SSC Hoth boots, HT Snowie, SSC Snowie etc) there is a natural break line and the costume boot itself is two piece - boot and gaiter - whereas boots like the ATAT driver and Luke X-Wing boot where it is a solid boot it's much tougher to hide the break line.

It's a question of whether you're willing to overlook pretty glaringly obvious stuff like for example SSC Bossk's visible wrist joints - whereas onscreen he has no joint at all - to give you that extra articulation.

I generally pose my figs along the lines of their onscreen scenes or in "Magic of the Myth" Museum type poses, so more extreme articulation beyond what they do in the movies I (mostly, not always) wouldn't use, but I can understand people who do want to do "Spiderman" type poses.

I would like to adjust my opinion on gun holding hand. It's not bad, it's probably worst mold i've seen so far. I don't know if they done it for the Ex gun and didn't care if it will be good for normal blaster too, but he can't hold that damn blaster, it's too loose.

I don't have this figure but have the TIE Pilots and HT blasters would be worse. Much thicker handle/grip than HT blasters. TIE Pilot holds his pretty good but not great.

Set aside ankle articulation, I alway have problem posing figures with outfits that belong to a cockpit among other figures. Pilot Luke (X-Wing), Tie Pilots, AT-AT...they look silly in combat stance with rifles. They just don't belong to a battlefield...

I would like to adjust my opinion on gun holding hand. It's not bad, it's probably worst mold i've seen so far. I don't know if they done it for the Ex gun and didn't care if it will be good for normal blaster too, but he can't hold that damn blaster, it's too loose.

The driver fig's hands have kind of stubby fingers too. Not a fan of the SSC gloved hand sculpts of the last few years - too big, too fat, unnatural looking (though after ANH Vader and the Gunner/DS Trooper, can't say I'm loving some of HT's efforts either.)

Set aside ankle articulation, I alway have problem posing figures with outfits that belong to a cockpit among other figures. Pilot Luke (X-Wing), Tie Pilots, AT-AT...they look silly in combat stance with rifles. They just don't belong to a battlefield...

Its not the cockpit outfits causing that, its Sideshows unnatural looking bodies.

Looks great! I saw how it looks in person and just as I thought it looked very nice. If my budget ever allows I'd like to get this one.

Thanks Indy.

Evilface convinced me to purchase this guy. I had a $30 coupon and with free shipping It was easy to get hooked.

Just picked up an EX and the head is extremely loose. Trying to get a head tilt or turn and it jerks back to a straight forward position. Also one of the boots came off and was easy to put back but doesn't seem to be pegged in very solid. Anyone have this issues? Kinda disappointed.

urghh..just pull the trigger on this guy....low stock notice...*** me :(

gonna display AT-AT driver with his buddy Tie pilot..love the design

Just picked up an EX and the head is extremely loose. Trying to get a head tilt or turn and it jerks back to a straight forward position. Also one of the boots came off and was easy to put back but doesn't seem to be pegged in very solid. Anyone have this issues? Kinda disappointed.

I have the same loose head issue. My TIE pilot isn't like this. I just have him facing forward. Is there any way to tighten the neck joint?

Back