Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all over this one! Looks fantastic. That's my OT troops complete!!!!

It looks awesome so far, and I imagine the suit will be as good as the Snowtrooper's.

OT...let's see:

Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper
Imperial Navy Trooper (aka "Death Squad Commander")
Death Star Gunner
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver
Snowtrooper
Scout Trooper

I left out variants like ESB or ROTJ style stormtroopers, omitted Imperial officers and AT-ST drivers. Eight? That's all of them?

Damn these troopers all look great. My wallet and display space cant handle this!

I really hope they don't make the armour grey. For thirty years not a single person, including prop makers, suggested it was anything but white. Then one prop surfaces and people, again, ignore the actual screen appearance.

I really hope they don't make the armour grey. For thirty years not a single person, including prop makers, suggested it was anything but white. Then one prop surfaces and people, again, ignore the actual screen appearance.

Yeah, the grey armor is a bit like Han's Hoth coat being brown. Do you want the actual costume color or how it appeared onscreen in 1980? Also, not sure what they were thinking with the grey - all other imperial soldiers are black or white armor except the quite dark green/grey of Veers.

But I do wish this was done three years ago when it would have been $130. TIE Pilot is already $200 - this will be $220 and maybe come with a blaster.:(

Hopefully he comes with the Kenner rifle:

vintatatdriverrifle.jpg

Yeah, the grey armor is a bit like Han's Hoth coat being brown. Do you want the actual costume color or how it appeared onscreen in 1980? Also, not sure what they were thinking with the grey - all other imperial soldiers are black or white armor except the quite dark green/grey of Veers.

But I do wish this was done three years ago when it would have been $130. TIE Pilot is already $200 - this will be $220 and maybe come with a blaster.:(
Supposedly they were made light grey so that they would contrast a little against the stark white of Hoth. So the fact that they do contrast quite well on screen against a white background says to me that we did 'see' there was a difference, even if it didn't outright register as grey. Generally I agree with the idea that stuff should be recreated as it appeared and not necessarily as it was, but in this case I think it makes sense.

Also, glad these are coming out now and not 3 years ago. There are a ton of details to this character's outfit and the higher price point *should* translate to better fidelity. Guessing 3 years ago at a $130 price point, a lot of corners would've been cut.

Last edited:
Cool that it's being made but it'll probably be overpriced for what it is. My guess is $220 and maybe one blaster.

Cool that it's being made but it'll probably be overpriced for what it is. My guess is $220 and maybe one blaster.
Don't recall them interacting with anything but AT-AT controls, so a sidearm and stand are all that could be expected. Quite sure you'll get your stand on this one, Mike!

Don't recall them interacting with anything but AT-AT controls, so a sidearm and stand are all that could be expected. Quite sure you'll get your stand on this one, Mike!
:lol I wasn't that upset over the stand really. It's more the idea that including one with the Jawas would supposedly drive up the price. Especially like I said that given Hot Toys Star Wars figures a bunch of them are around the same price, have more sculpted details and tailoring, a fair amount of accessories, and a diorama base. Sideshow barely gives anything for two fairly simplistic figures and can't even bother throwing in a sand base for them to stand on.

As far as the AT-AT driver I don't expect him to have a lot, but it's a shame that the price isn't likely to reflect that it's barebones.

Supposedly they were made light grey so that they would contrast a little against the stark white of Hoth. So the fact that they do contrast quite well on screen against a white background says to me that we did 'see' there was a difference, even if it didn't outright register as grey. Generally I agree with the idea that stuff should be recreated as it appeared and not necessarily as it was, but in this case I think it makes sense.

Also, glad these are coming out now and not 3 years ago. There are a ton of details to this character's outfit and the higher price point *should* translate to better fidelity. Guessing 3 years ago at a $130 price point, a lot of corners would've been cut.

They didn't cut a lot of corners on the snowie.:dunno

And the ATAT driver is only ever seen in a grey/steel cockpit and they make him steel grey on grey, the snowies are only seen against the white of ice and snow and they make him white on slightly off-white, TIE pilot is seen in the black of space in a black/grey cockpit and they make him black on black, so I don't think the logic of "contrast" worked that well.:lol

Back