Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think his chin scar is a bit too prominent but otherwise very nice! Now add some snow/frost in some areas, pull the goggles over those hideous eyes and you're golden.

Hey thanks for the positive feedback guys! Sadly, I agree about the eyes. The sculpt really could've been great if they hadn't cut them out the way they did. I definitely display the figure with the hood up, but the eyes don't bother me too much to put the goggles down.

Overall, I still think he's a great figure and if I had to choose to keep only one Han, I'd be hard pressed to choose the Hot Toys ANH version over this one. I find a lot more wrong with that figure.

Nice repaint on that! Although it's still a shame the way they cut out those eyes, because Trevor's original sculpt had him squinting more which would have made a lot more sense for a planet like Hoth.

Et voila! It really was a very good likeness. Even at proto stage.

sideshow_hoth_han_by_trevorgrove-d6ehov1.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-012.jpg

Last edited:
The actual heads are close to the prototype, all but for a tiny cutaway in the lower eyelids which makes a lot of difference.

The capped sculpt is better than the uncapped as the shadow cast from the peak creates the illusion of smaller eyes (unless my capped versions do have smaller eyes, because even staring at them side by side they play tricks on on you!)

The uncapped head is suddenly transformed when looked at in profile as you seen the eyes starting from their narrowest point. And there's nothing to throw off the likeness that Trevor captured.

Brown and Blue are still among my favourite figures, but you have to give a little turn to the heads otherwise he looks like he's forgotten where he is and what he was doing.

Hi guys, I'm really considering buying this guy but I want your opinions is it worth it? I like the overall figure but I think the headaculpt isn't that good,do you guys think hot toys will eventually get to them?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It's a decent enough looking figure with the hatted sculpt and some of the accessories that are included, but it's definitely not one of the cooler figures I've ever owned (and a year later I'm kinda wishing I hadn't bothered). I'd say it's only worth getting if you just really want a Hoth Han on your shelf.

Capped head and hood up I really love my Hoth Hans. For me they're feel good figures. Luke too, but more so with the Wampa damaged head.

Hi guys, I'm really considering buying this guy but I want your opinions is it worth it? I like the overall figure but I think the headaculpt isn't that good,do you guys think hot toys will eventually get to them?

If HT eventually gets to this particular iteration, its going to be costly. Take it from someone else who passed on this and actually just got the blue coat version within the last week, having it in hand makes me wonder why I waited. For $200ish, this delivers imo, so why wait?

Yeah, the headsculpt isn't great (really good likeness, poorly finished,) but pretty much everything else on this fig is very well done, likely on-par with what HT would do.

It's a figure that doesn't rely on the headsculpt as much as say a Han Smuggler when it's displayed hood-up, which is pretty much how everyone would/should display it to get the most out of the outfit/look.

Well thanks to all for the advice.now I'm really confused .if I wait for the hot toys ,which may never come ,or will but in many years ,it will be twice the price with a better headsculpt and the same qualitiy in the rest of the figure.but If i buy the sideshow one I will end up buying another headsculpt.any of you guys had tried to use the hot toys Han Solo headsculpt on him? How does it look?

Back