Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was a kind of unique release - they don't normally do two releases with the same EX accessory.

Wow! So you're saying (some) normal version also do come with the additional headsculpt?
If that is true, that means the only difference between an exclusive and a non-exclusive is just the foil sticker on the front of the box LOL!!

There were 3 versions, 2 were exclusive:

- EX Blue Coat, Extra Head
- EX Brown Coat, Extra Head

- Regular edition: Brown Coat, No extra head.

In case it's not clear by now, you got the 2nd one (which was one of the exclusives).

There were 3 versions, 2 were exclusive:

- EX Blue Coat, Extra Head
- EX Brown Coat, Extra Head

- Regular edition: Brown Coat, No extra head.

In case it's not clear by now, you got the 2nd one (which was one of the exclusives).

OK, that's as clear as a clear blue sky. Thanks!
The youtube video I mentioned earlier that causes some confusion :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQx_tc9ipr0
check at 3:56, the guy say it is a regular version but shots of Han with a hair sculpt is shown as well.

Weird - he's back up for sale at Sideshow.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 8.30.52 PM.jpg

Made an update to my 'hoth' solo. Used the ht ko head. Still wip. Due to the size being smaller the only downside is you can see a small part of the hair. I cut his wig to glue some hair on the sculpt itself. Dremel the inside of the hat amd the top and back his head to make it fit. Pretty happy with the result.

92c71a1b4de6369df031069174b66f8e.jpg

81209cffe1b0d35bfdb8bdc95a0a95cc.jpg

72499c63650e4404011f356ce1e26b8a.jpg

4b5da1e382ce027245a45b08c92a66d1.jpg

^^ Is the "ko" you describe it as the knock-off head from eBay?

My buddy had one of those copies of the HT Han head from eBay and he actually returned it (to China) because it seemed like it was 20% smaller than the original, despite really amazingly good apps. It really almost looked like a teen Han in terms of size. And from memory it wasn't cheap - like US $30+.

Hopefully you got one that's closer in size to the original if that's what you meant - I assume that head's been copied by quite a few sellers so sizes probably vary.

^^ Is the "ko" you describe it as the knock-off head from eBay?

My buddy had one of those copies of the HT Han head from eBay and he actually returned it (to China) because it seemed like it was 20% smaller than the original, despite really amazingly good apps. It really almost looked like a teen Han in terms of size. And from memory it wasn't cheap - like US $30+.

Hopefully you got one that's closer in size to the original if that's what you meant - I assume that head's been copied by quite a few sellers so sizes probably vary.

Yeah it's one of those. Never measured them exactly but they seem the same size. The only reason it seems smaller is because of ssc pumpkin heads :p

Yeah it's one of those. Never measured them exactly but they seem the same size. The only reason it seems smaller is because of ssc pumpkin heads :p

Yeah, no this one I saw was noticeably smaller next to a standard HT head. The paint apps and finish was superb though.

Yeah, no this one I saw was noticeably smaller next to a standard HT head. The paint apps and finish was superb though.
Ok, didn't know. Ordered a new one from the same seller. Used my ANH sideshows bash head lol.

Looks good Robert. Nice job.

I have mine displayed with the goggles on, can't stand the eyes on the Sideshow sculpt. This alternative gives me something to think about, thanks

Thank guys. For me this is the best option. Those glass eyes really mess up a good figure. When luke arrives i will be doing the same.

Does anyone have a spare luke sculpt btw?

I haven't seen anyone post a picture of the OSK Space Tracker sculpt on the Hoth outfit. Looks pretty good I think.

I may pick up a second and do a hatted version.

20170401_205653.jpg

20170401_205750.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Chakaman - was just thinking yesterday I should try it on a Hoth set-up. I have an extra everything to make the Hoth fig.

I tried the OSK head on my Bespin set-up and didn't like it.

I reckon that head looks too big (the one on the Hoth Han Solo figure)

To judge the actual scale of the 'Space Tracker' sculpt, when placed nose to nose it's identical in size to the unhatted sculpt that came with the Sideshow Hoth Han.

But it's slimmer in the cheeks than the Sideshow, and a world away in terms of detail and paintwork.

I like both 'Treasure Hunter' and 'Space Tracker' for the quirky character they have.

33755628425_51fe02886f_o.jpg

Back