Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting a new project. Casting the Sandtrooper stand top since the snowtrooper will be exactly the same. Easy enough swap.
061bf7100c7a509f78e6340fe5b2df78.jpg

64ff6e93b08f2d9ad2beb8e6f7434a1a.jpg

a102340d005467750007b26a4bd602e9.jpg

2c53c7184b87937874b3d38d3d9c4169.jpg

937932066ea81601926bce6c0f5c0734.jpg

99f1891dded637437b025823032e557e.jpg

Ahoy!

I just posted this over in customs, but thought I'd share here, as well...

Here's a quick modification to Solo's gauntlets that I think is a subtle, but nice improvement to the figure. I wanted to make the gauntlet transition a little nicer where it meets the wrist. It always looked a little strange to me, almost like it was a gator for a boot versus a continuation of a glove.

The Polyzap works well since it allows for flexibility and has a strong bind.

Cheers
Hoth Solo mod.jpg

Ahoy!

I just posted this over in customs, but thought I'd share here, as well...

Here's a quick modification to Solo's gauntlets that I think is a subtle, but nice improvement to the figure. I wanted to make the gauntlet transition a little nicer where it meets the wrist. It always looked a little strange to me, almost like it was a gator for a boot versus a continuation of a glove.

The Polyzap works well since it allows for flexibility and has a strong bind.

Cheers

View attachment 311122

Yeah, I hate those gauntlets - makes the wrists look like legs. I made new ones. Nice work.:clap

Thanks!
Yeah, I think next up is taking the coat in a little at the sleeves and chest. I removed the shirt and jacket underneath, but the arms a still a bit too thick for my liking. Plus, narrowing the chest will allow fabric to overlap in the back to create the "split" in the seat.

Cheers

Those base castings look great!

Took mine out for a fresh winter shot...

Still like this figure...looking forward to the Snowspeeder Pilot Luke..

Last edited:
Eh, think I'm about ready to sell my Hoth Han myself. It's a decent enough looking figure, but there are just too many new and more exciting figures coming that I'd rather make room for instead.

Eh, think I'm about ready to sell my Hoth Han myself. It's a decent enough looking figure, but there are just too many new and more exciting figures coming that I'd rather make room for instead.

Hoths my favorite part of any Star Wars movie.

Therefore I could never sell my Star Wars Hoth figures. :rock

I like the snow bases, would love to have those with my Echo base Han & Luke, did you just paint the sandtrooper base ?

No I molded and cast them out of white plastic resin. I also made a mud base and a sand base. Easy to swap. Just take off the original base top and pop this one on.
c248fc77c0657d1cbefd5a5f7ef0fc90.jpg

f19c94c63165161396a8d5ff75a42724.jpg

6c40d89fb9e1cff71877ae774d4700fe.jpg

Here is a shot of the original side by side with mine.
0d4ede055eeaf1473d0e479ba37ff909.jpg

729ff5d69705b8cff7d4c5d1f0a58e4c.jpg

860223b3247b70a6d07c71758914b325.jpg

Still not quite happy with the mud base. May have to dress it up a bit with some green moss or something.

Well call me slow (ok.. very slow) but I just got myself a Han Hoth Sideshow Exclusive figure off ebay.
Thought exclusive all comes with blue parka but mine came with brown. Is that right? Or my understanding is incorrect?

Well call me slow (ok.. very slow) but I just got myself a Han Hoth Sideshow Exclusive figure off ebay.
Thought exclusive all comes with blue parka but mine came with brown. Is that right? Or my understanding is incorrect?

There were two exclusive releases - blue and brown - the EX accessory was the no-headgear head.

There were two exclusives - both blue and brown - the EX accessory is the no-headgear head.

Thanks for the clarification.
My confusion was further compounded when I was watching a Youtube review of this figure. The reviewer emphasize that his set is a non-exclusive but then he pulled out the additional headsculpt without the head gear. Either he doesn't know what he was reviewing or there could have more versions from Sideshow...

Thanks for the clarification.
My confusion was further compounded when I was watching a Youtube review of this figure. The reviewer emphasize that his set is a non-exclusive but then he pulled out the additional headsculpt without the head gear. Either he doesn't know what he was reviewing or there could have more versions from Sideshow...

Yeah, it was a kind of unique release - they don't normally do two releases with the same EX accessory.

Back