Sideshow has Medicom young Indiana Jones for pre-order on the newsletter tonight.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow has young Indiana Jones for pre-order on the newsletter tonight.

Actually this comes with a cross if you look at medicom's site. Not sure if anything else.

Yeah, I saw the cross but at that price it could have included a few other things he's seen with, like his hat and the whip.

Yeah i agree, it still could, seen it happen before with medi. Not a huge Indy fan but to those that are looks like a nice treat.(i suppose it's might be a way to get ya to purchase indy for the whip :))

Huge fanfare. Long build up. Collectors get excited. What do we have to show for it now? One Indy figure that is moving like molasses to be released, fingers crossed that it will be out by the DVD release but not holding breath. One Belloq figure. One PF. Oh....and a T-Shirt. LOTR is usually the bastard child of SSC but I think we have a new winnah!

Huge fanfare. Long build up. Collectors get excited. What do we have to show for it now? One Indy figure that is moving like molasses to be released, fingers crossed that it will be out by the DVD release but not holding breath. One Belloq figure. One PF. Oh....and a T-Shirt. LOTR is usually the bastard child of SSC but I think we have a new winnah!

Well... I can't say I totally disagree here, Mike. I was surprised that there wasn't more offered in a year that featured Sideshow announcing the line, a new movie and a series of movies containing a large collection of characters that would make interesting figures. I'm especially surprised that there is NOTHING being offered from KOTCS, considering that the movie will be in the public eye for a while longer with the movie hitting DVD and then the eventual heavy rotation on pay cable...offering at least one character from the film during that time would've been nice...

As for the long wait for the 1:6 Indy figure...well, I'm just hoping that since they're taking their time, this figure is a total knock-out...

Back to the topic of this thread...I just can't justify paying THAT much for a figure that, while it looks really good, has no accessories....

I am glad that I am not a completist for Indy figures. I collect all of the Medicom and SS Star Wars, the SS LOTR, Indy, and G.I. Joe, and the Hot toys Aliens (not to mention all of the Hasbro 3 3/4"). I have found my financial limit.

But there is no doubt that this incarnation of young Indy is incredible, even with no accessories. If I were to expand into Medicom IJ figures...this one would be a must-have.

I took the dive and ordered it. The sharpness on the face was just too good to pass up

May have to do the same. This one is hard to pass up because it looks so uncanny. Where does everybody order their Medicom figures from? I might try Cornerstore since they have 10% off. Any other suggestions?

I just won a Young Indy for $93 plus shipping on ebay from a user:
tonycheung1965

They are in Hong Kong, and I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before. I emailed them about the item last night before the end of auction with questions, but they never got back to me yet. I'm just wondering if it is safe to deal with this ebay user on a preorder basis?

Thanks for any input.

I ve bought from Tonycheung before and he was absolutely fine,no problems whatsoever.I think it was Hot Toys Rocky.

Contacted my ebay seller to find out when this figure will ship from them, and as they did once before, they state that Medicom will be shipping the figure this month!

Is this possible? Will the Asian dealers have figures this far in advance of Sideshow and other American dealers? Should I be worried that this dealer may not actually deliver the figure to me?

I checked him out on ebay again, and he still has lots of things for sale, current and preorder, so at least he is still there to go after if I have any trouble. I just don't understand why everytime I contact him, he assures me the figure will ship "this month."

All other indicators show the figure as second quarter 2009!

:confused:

Back