Sideshow got me, I missed the Grey Hulk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kookie said:
In truth...it seems like you are full of yourself that you have to pout because you didn't get what you want.

This is a discussion forum. But, um, I guess I can play that game too:
You're a one-legged pairate chomping has-been shoe salesman!

Hmmmm...that wasn't very fulfilling...

Kookie said:
If you have some real constructive comments send an email using their customer service form.

If you want to post a gripe on a forum board expect some members to respond with an opposite view. In truth...it seems like you are full of yourself that you have to pout because you didn't get what you want.

Well, Sideshow employees have told us they read this board and listen to our comments. This really isn't a customer service issue; we are trying to give them feedback on a "new" way they put something up for pre-order which didn't work out too well it seems.

Bullseye said:
I can tell you now that at least 50% of the people who got this are flippers. If i had a chance to get it there was no way i'd ever sell it. Your time for us Europeans was a disgrace IMO. But then again i'm only spending $10k on SS stuff maybe its not enough. Sorry to be so tough on you Dusty but someone has to listen to be give out.

Do you know this for a fact? I have a feeling SS knows who the scalpers/flippers are. Maybe not all but they probably have a pretty damn good idea of who they are. Well, sorry you feel it's a disgrace to the Europeans but they are a US company and they have to set a time that's the best for us here in the US but you all as well. If they made it perfect for you or to your liking if it's much later or earlier then it would screw us.

Jesseawilson said:
Hey I got an idea why dont all you people that must ***** and complain about this keep it all in one thread. Honestly what is the deal with 10 threads about the same thing. Is everyone's opinon really that earthshattering that it warrants a new thread every time.

Lets keep the forum reader friendly.........

Jesse

I totally agree.:peace

Bullseye said:
Like the first 50 to order the exclusive green would get a shot to order the 50 Grey. I think this would be a better way for the future. If the Green Exclusive was sold out before the morning too i would have really been pissed.

What if let's say me doesn't want the green exclusive. So I pass but the first 50 that do want the grey. Should I get screwed out of the Grey just because of that? Not a real fair method if you ask me.

jlcmsu said:
Do you know this for a fact? I have a feeling SS knows who the scalpers/flippers are. Maybe not all but they probably have a pretty damn good idea of who they are. Well, sorry you feel it's a disgrace to the Europeans but they are a US company and they have to set a time that's the best for us here in the US but you all as well. If they made it perfect for you or to your liking if it's much later or earlier then it would screw us.

I totally agree.:peace

What if let's say me doesn't want the green exclusive. So I pass but the first 50 that do want the grey. Should I get screwed out of the Grey just because of that? Not a real fair method if you ask me.

I know a few of the people who have gotten them on the statueforum and they are flippers. They have bought them to make a profit and i have no problem with that. But to say this was done to prevent this is not telling the truth. IJMO.

lcummins said:
Well, Sideshow employees have told us they read this board and listen to our comments. This really isn't a customer service issue; we are trying to give them feedback on a "new" way they put something up for pre-order which didn't work out too well it seems.

I don't think there was a prefect way to do this though LC. If they still had the old newsletter system people would still be complaining that they missed because their newsletter didn't get here on time. It was posted at the same time on the SS site for everyone it can't get much easier or perfect than that. Now, I know that those non-US people have different times but SS did it's best to give everyone a shot

Bullseye said:
I know a few of the people who have gotten them on the statueforum and they are flippers. They have bought them to make a profit and i have no problem with that. But to say this was done to prevent this is not telling the truth. IJMO.

Yeah, I bet there are and I have an idea on a couple. You should be mad at them because they screwed you more than SS. Calling SS liars is pretty much bull**** IMO.

SKARY said:
Hey Dusty how about in the future if they are going to do something like the grey hulk again (i'll use the hulk as an example)I suggest that you guys put the green exclusive and regular on sale announced. When ever the exclusive sells out you could of announced a lottery contest in a special newsletter for a chance to order the exclusive using the contest form. Have a 12-24 hour window to enter and that's that. Winner's would be contacted if they had been selected with further instructions on how to get their order processed. This option gives everyone a fair chance as long as they entered. It just seems like a good option to think about for next time. What do you think?????

That's why I like this idea Fair CHANCE for everyone,

12.00am Greenwich mean time - 7.00pm EST or 4.00 PST and around 10.00am in Sydney. This is the time previous exclusives have gone up and IMO the best time for everyone.

jlcmsu said:
I don't think there was a prefect way to do this though LC. If they still had the old newsletter system people would still be complaining that they missed because their newsletter didn't get here on time. It was posted at the same time on the SS site for everyone it can't get much easier or perfect than that. Now, I know that those non-US people have different times but SS did it's best to give everyone a shot

But it could get better; set a standard time for the newsletter to be posted each week, say 6PM PST. Then, everyone around the world would be able to login and read the newsletter at the same time and have the same chance. Even our collector friends overseas could wake up to read the newsletter and not have to stay up all night refreshing until it appeared!

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, I bet there are and I have an idea on a couple. You should be mad at them because they screwed you more than SS. Calling SS liars is pretty much bull**** IMO.

Why should i be mad at people who got theirs fair and square. Look, SS pulled a fast one and theres no ifs buts or maybes. When this was up to order it was 3.00am here. It was around 10.00pm in NYC etc. I even waited up till 12.00 (normal time for Newsletter) but nothing.

SideshowDusty said:
In my eyes scalpers and flippers are different breeds. Scalpers buy with no intent whatsoever of keeping it. Flippers sometimes keep it but if the item rises in value they will consider flipping it to fund more collecting adventures. I said no "scalpers" got this piece, which is true - you guys have proven that most all of them went to faithful board members, which is a good thing IMO, whether they decide to flip later on or not!

Logic is flawed because:
1) A faithful board member could be faithful board member WHO IS a scalper.
2) That "faithful Board member" who is a scalper may have multiple sideshow accounts, which would exacerbate the situation.
3) A faithful board member who wasn't interested in the piece could see the ES and decide instantly that he would buy to sell would not be a scalper?

I'm sure there are additional points that can be made, but given that context, would you say your statement is still "mostly" true? Lotta room for error...

lcummins said:
Yes, but we are discussing the "Gray" Hulk, not the green. :peace

Sorry, I knew that was going to be mis-read :doh

I was responding to the fact that you said something about not looking at the Green Hulk exclusive page very thoroughly because you didn't want it to to sell out before you got your order in, and then by the time you realized the Gray was linked to on that page, it was too late the gray was sold out - I *meant* that that's why the edition size is TBD on the Green Hulk EX - so that no one would be rushed and could browse the page and look at all the pictures and make their choice, etc... that's all :)

jlcmsu said:
It was posted at the same time on the SS site for everyone it can't get much easier or perfect than that.
If there had been a precedent for that mechanism, I would agree. But that is not the precedent they have established. For months and months, Sideshow has emphatically told us that the newsletter is the best way to be informed of all upcoming exclusive offers. To then change that paradigm with no warning, and use the website as the means to announce an additional exclusive, was not the best decision, and I can certainly understand people being upset about it.

I thought it would have been nice to have a gray light-up exclusive at 200 pieces.
A green light-up exclusive set at 400 pieces.
And the regular version set to around 1000 pieces.

I would consider myself part of the loyal customer base, with over $8000 US spent so far, and a lot more still to come. Yet somehow, I don't feel like I have been rewarded. :sick

RoboDad said:
If there had been a precedent for that mechanism, I would agree. But that is not the precedent they have established. For months and months, Sideshow has emphatically told us that the newsletter is the best way to be informed of all upcoming exclusive offers. To then change that paradigm with no warning, and use the website as the means to announce an additional exclusive, was not the best decision, and I can certainly understand people being upset about it.

Very well put, I think you have expressed the main issue here; uniformity. At the very least, there could have been something in the newsletter from a week ago encouraging collectors to listen to the podcast.

Sheeshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

You know the funny thing is, most of the people that are complaining if they would of gotten one it would be "Sideshow better not update the edition size", "I paid more attention" blah blah blah. But the shoe is on the other foot and its the end of the world, "Sideshow betrayed me", "Sideshow slept with my wife", "Sideshow killed my dog" blah blah.

I missed the exclusive Obi figure.......o well it sucks but I'll get by, for those that dont collect the SW figures no big deal. To me it sucked but in no way did I blame Sideshow, you cant win them all.

I can't see how Sideshow could of done it any better than they did, for the past weeks its been appearing in our accounts Thursday nights or soon after the podcast was up. It just stands to reason that perhaps the newsletter will appear around the same time as before.
If they would of announced 50 gray hulks man every scalper in the world would of been there and hardly anybody from this forum or SF would of gotten one.

And to say that you know that 50% of those who got this are flippers is just wrong to say.

Grrrrr I better end this post before I offend a bunch of people but Sideshow is a collectible company and they make collectibles. Plain and simple.

daelith said:
Logic is flawed because:
1) A faithful board member could be faithful board member WHO IS a scalper.
2) That "faithful Board member" who is a scalper may have multiple sideshow accounts, which would exacerbate the situation.
3) A faithful board member who wasn't interested in the piece could see the ES and decide instantly that he would buy to sell would not be a scalper?

I'm sure there are additional points that can be made, but given that context, would you say your statement is still "mostly" true? Lotta room for error...

To me that sounds like a lot of "what ifs".

SideshowDusty said:
Sorry, I knew that was going to be mis-read :doh

I was responding to the fact that you said something about not looking at the Green Hulk exclusive page very thoroughly because you didn't want it to to sell out before you got your order in, and then by the time you realized the Gray was linked to on that page, it was too late the gray was sold out - I *meant* that that's why the edition size is TBD on the Green Hulk EX - so that no one would be rushed and could browse the page and look at all the pictures and make their choice, etc... that's all :)

Ok, I can understand that, but we have become conditioned to quickly clicking purchase because of recent sellouts, and the Gray Hulk is just a perfect example. I'm sure there are a few out there that were carefully reading the Green Hulk page and missed the Gray because they took too long.

Re: Sheeshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Viking28 said:
You know the funny thing is, most of the people that are complaining if they would of gotten one it would be "Sideshow better not update the edition size", "I paided more attention" blah blah blah. But the shoe is on the other foot and its the end of the world, "Sideshow betrayed me", "Sideshow slept with my wife", "Sideshow killed my dog" blah blah.

I missed the exclusive Obi figure.......o well it sucks but I'll get by, for those that dont collect the SW figures no big deal. To me it sucked but in no way did I blame Sideshow, you cant win them all.

I can't see how Sideshow could of done it any better than they did, for the past weeks its been appearing in our accounts Thursday nights or soon after the podcast was up. It just stands to reason that perhaps the newsletter will appear around the same time as before.
If they would of announced 50 gray hulks man every scalper in the world would of been there and hardly anybody from this forum or SF would of gotten one.

And to say that you know that 50% of those who got this are flippers is just wrong to say.

Grrrrr I better end this post before I offend a bunch of people but Sideshow is a collectible company and they make collectibles. Plain and simple.

Viking how can you defend a 3.00am posting of this. I am a very reasonable person but i could never justify that time.

Bullseye said:
12.00am Greenwich mean time - 7.00pm EST or 4.00 PST and around 10.00am in Sydney. This is the time previous exclusives have gone up and IMO the best time for everyone.

No thats not the best time for me so I disagree.

Back